• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Ontario

uplandoc

Stopped by Ammo Bros. in Ontario today to pick up some assorted ammo. I UOC everyday and rarely have issues. I usually go to Bass Pro, and love it there because of how welcoming the store is to OC. After about 5 min of browsing Ammo Bros selection, an employee approaches me. He asks if I'm open carrying, to which I reply "Of course". He informs me he'll let me UOC in the store this time, but next time I need to leave my firearm in my car. I ask why and he says to me "We can't have everyone walking around with guns". I had hoped a store like Ammo Bros would be more welcoming to fellow-minded gun enthusiasts, but apparently not. :question: The other 2 employees just stood in silence. I was excited to check out their large selection, but after that conversation... It looks like Bass Pro will be receiving my hard earned money.

K

kittyhawk63

Stopped by Ammo Bros. in Ontario today to pick up some assorted ammo. I UOC everyday and rarely have issues. I usually go to Bass Pro, and love it there because of how welcoming the store is to OC. After about 5 min of browsing Ammo Bros selection, an employee approaches me. He asks if I'm open carrying, to which I reply "Of course". He informs me he'll let me UOC in the store this time, but next time I need to leave my firearm in my car. I ask why and he says to me "We can't have everyone walking around with guns". I had hoped a store like Ammo Bros would be more welcoming to fellow-minded gun enthusiasts, but apparently not. :question: The other 2 employees just stood in silence. I was excited to check out their large selection, but after that conversation... It looks like Bass Pro will be receiving my hard earned money.

Don't let this opportunity go by. Call the store and ask for the manager and make your complaint known. Tell the manager you will be going to other stores to purchase your ammo if they continue to bar you OCing in their store. This is, of course, a decision that you will have to make for yourself. It is merely a suggestion. I would at least express your concern that a store that caters to gun owners are negative toward those same gun owners expressing their constitutional right to carry. Hopefully, the person who told you not to OC in the store again is not the manager.

If you decide to do this, let us know how it went. kh63

Last edited:

ryanburbridge

Last sunday I also went to Ammo bros in Cerritos. I walked in towards the end of the day closing time. I had just come from an HGreen meet up. I had my wife and kids. After looking for a holster with no luck I went to the counter to ask if they had one. I spoke to the gunsmith. The first thing that was said before I could ask a thing was him asking me if my "shield" was showing. It caught me off guard and I just asked what. He then said "You are LEO arnt you? I informed him I was an armed citizen not LEO. He looked very stunned. Next after about 10 min I was at the counter looking at guns when the owner of ammo bros came up to me and started a conversation. This is all on audio and lasted about 20 min. He asked a lot of questions. He had only heard of UOC in CA because of a meet set up by Hgreen. (The meet at the fair.) He was very open to it but had concerns about it in his store. He has had threats by a gang going to kidnap him and bring him to the store and rob it. He actually said "What about a criminal UOC into the store and then loading up and robbing the place?" I quickly said NO WAY. If a criminal was going to rob you they would NOT UOC they would just conceal a LOADED gun until time for the crime. I also informed him that he could put up a sign that said something like "no cary of guns" or "All guns must be checked" at the door and no one would enter with a gun. (legally) He laughed at the idea and said "that would look god a gun store anti gun" I agreed. He said I was the very first to UOC into his store that he knew of. All staff at ammo bros is armed and ready to roll.

I would call the Cerritos store and ask for the owner to inform his employees about the law in CA then to have them not give customers a hard time. Ask him if he has created a store policy against guns. If yes why would he be willing to disarm his customers?

I will also call and inform him that he is going to receive a lot of BAD press if he takes an anti UOC in his stores. If you guys want I could upload our conversation from sunday. I informed him I was recording. could there still be an issue of posting our conversation?

**** Here is a link to audio. click the FREE ACCOUNT SLOW DOWNLOAD on Right. http://rapidshare.com/files/43051306...os_Audio_2.mp3 ****

Last edited:

1 2 many

turners

Then you need to contact Rob from corporate, as Turners is not a locally owned store, individual managers can not set their own policy on this issue.
All have to due that tommo. . I went into the san bern store about a month ago and was told to check my gun at the counter by there manager. He said they been robbed two many times. I told him I am a law abiding citizen not a crook. He said no go. Same story at ontario store.

hgreen

All have to due that tommo. . I went into the san bern store about a month ago and was told to check my gun at the counter by there manager. He said they been robbed two many times. I told him I am a law abiding citizen not a crook. He said no go. Same story at ontario store.

Just ask them if the crooks were open carrying... We all know the answer to that.

Ironically, they'll keep getting robbed as long as these local managers keep up these policies which discourage law abiding citizens to be armed in their stores.

OC KIMBER

Ammo bros

I was at Ammo bros in Ontario last Sunday doing a PPT and was OCing I was being help by John and had no issues I was in the store a good 45 minutes bought some ammo did my transfer and left with out a single comment from the store.

Yesterday I was in ammo bros in Cerritos OCing doing another PPT again with no problems I did my transfer and then browsed the store another good 45 minutes without any employees saying anything to me.

I will say this that as a courtesy I do remove my clip from my gun before I enter the store maybe that helps ease there mind.

1 2 many

turners

Just ask them if the crooks were open carrying... We all know the answer to that.

Ironically, they'll keep getting robbed as long as these local managers keep up these policies which discourage law abiding citizens to be armed in their stores.
. ok I called both turners. This morning and the san bern store. Manager [steven] said its ok just no mags. They said they just recently changed store policy. Well the ontario store Manager. [Jason] said its ok as long as they check your gun and take serial #. Model and type. I said what? leo don't even do that.

hgreen

. ok I called both turners. This morning and the san bern store. Manager [steven] said its ok just no mags. They said they just recently changed store policy. Well the ontario store Manager. [Jason] said its ok as long as they check your gun and take serial #. Model and type. I said what? leo don't even do that.

Give Turners corporate a call and let them know that manager is not following corporate policy.

The Turners in Redondo Beach lets people OC without question or checks.
Several OCers have purchased firearms there and tell them that they do so because they support OC, making them even more friendly to OCers.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31442&id=122802434426757

DEFENSOR

Turners OC friendly

I never have had any problems with Redondo Beach Turners. I was just in there last week OC'ing while my wife
purchased her first gun. While she filled out forms the employee and I chatted about other guns. I have made
several purchases there, always satisfied.

1 2 many

turners

Give Turners corporate a call and let them know that manager is not following corporate policy.

The Turners in Redondo Beach lets people OC without question or checks.
Several OCers have purchased firearms there and tell them that they do so because they support OC, making them even more friendly to OCers.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=31442&id=122802434426757
Ok I. Emailed corporate and they said that I shouldn't have a problem again. Rob said he called the stores in question. San bern and ontario. And would tell them the store policy. Wow that was fast and swift. Carry on !!!!!