• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Park attacks justify SAF/NRA lawsuit v. Seattle

Dave Workman

Seattleman

Mind of an anti...

"The gun ban IS working. These joggers would've been shot if not for the ban."

:banghead::banghead:

ghosthunter

Let us not forget the poor guy in November, chopped up with a camp hatchet on the way home from the grocery store because some nut case heard voices.
In seattle.

When someone asks me why I carry a gun I just pull out my ipod and read the list of attacks over the past couple of years.

amlevin

In some parts of the country predators (coyotes for the most part) are shot and their bodies hung on fence posts. Supposedly it is supposed to send some message to the other predators that this is not a healthy area to roam.

Wonder if it isn't time to do the same with city parks. If one of these "predators" is shot by an armed citizen, just hang his carcass on the entry gate to send a message to the other potential predators.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
More....

"Be safe and use good judgment," said Police Department spokesman Jeff Kappel. "If you can avoid walking or jogging in darkness, do it. Run with a group or at least one companion. Carry a flashlight and a cellphone, and have 911 on speed-dial. Stay out of areas that are poorly lit, where you could be vulnerable."

Why? So you can call the police after you have been brutally raped? And shine your flashlight on your attacker as he runs away from you?

Either cower and stay at home or go about your daily business armed. Although I would not encourage many people to walk or jog in darkness, it is difficult to maintain an exercise program this time of year unless you are out in the morning or evening hours.

LINK

PT111

And with a 1911 you don't have to worry about "no service" areas, explain your plight to an operator, wait for a response, or pay all those monthly fees.

Just a fine point about the monthly fees and 911. There are no monthly fees associated with dialing 911 and a cell phone does not have to be activated to dial 911. Any cell phone made in the past few (not sure how many but at least 6) that is working can dial 911. If you upgrade to a new phone you can still take the old phone that is no longer in service and dial 911. So if you know someone that would need a cell phone in an emergency you can give them your old one to call 911, or maybe leave it somewhere in your house to use if you don't have your regular one or your lines are cut. That way you can call and report the crime that has happened. May possibly do some good in advance but if they do steal your cell phone while beating and robbing you a backup is available for your report. ;)

amlevin

Just a fine point about the monthly fees and 911. There are no monthly fees associated with dialing 911 and a cell phone does not have to be activated to dial 911. Any cell phone made in the past few (not sure how many but at least 6) that is working can dial 911. If you upgrade to a new phone you can still take the old phone that is no longer in service and dial 911. So if you know someone that would need a cell phone in an emergency you can give them your old one to call 911, or maybe leave it somewhere in your house to use if you don't have your regular one or your lines are cut. That way you can call and report the crime that has happened. May possibly do some good in advance but if they do steal your cell phone while beating and robbing you a backup is available for your report. ;)

Ok, change the reference on monthly fees to "Dead Batteries". Anyone ever had a dead battery on a 1911?

Note: You're correct on any cell phone being able to dial 911, regardless of whether it's activated or not. That is any Digital phone. The old Analog phones don't work anymore due to the service being discontinued. Those old "Bricks", or Star Trek like "Flip Phones" are now just paper weights or museum pieces.

Last edited:

CharleyMarbles

Ok, change the reference on monthly fees to "Dead Batteries". Anyone ever had a dead battery on a 1911?

Had some trouble with mine going into battery when it was new, but a proper break in fixed that...................

WOW !!! I just knew this was going to be said soon as I read the correction LOL but hey I think most of us get it :)
It was either going to be that or someone makeing referance to their mounted light or laser batteries LOL

Last edited:

amlevin

Had some trouble with mine going into battery when it was new, but a proper break in fixed that...................

That can also be a problem when you "limp wrist" a 1911. Wonder if there's a pill for THAT?