• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still killing?

77zach

Looking at the "Expanded Agenda" there were a great many "Not Considered" That's a very good thing generally, because 99% of what these criminals do is pure evil. Then they have to propose more evil to "fix" the mess caused by the previous evils.

The flip side is that it's going to be hard to get a pro freedom bill heard. Especially a bill that's going to take up a huge chunk of their meeting time. Who knows how many sheriffs are planning to be at this hearing?

titanortiz

True. It will remain quiet until Thursday or so. Figure the agenda will be announced for the Judiciary committee then.

I do wish it was a bit more transparent. I feel like there are tons of back-room deals going on.[

until when does the judiciary committee last? (when does it end)

nigmalg

until when does the judiciary committee last? (when does it end)

The last committee meeting can be held on April 26th. There is one meeting per week typically.

Keep in mind also that we need to go through Rules. Which means we effectively have two more "chances" to be heard by the Judiciary at the most.

Last edited:

77zach

I think we have one more chance to get it heard in judiciary. If they wait until the 18th I don't see how Rules would drop everything and hear it. We know that at best, Thrasher will go along with OC to get along. I watched this week's hearing on SB 402. You should of heard the guy from the league of Florida Cities. Somebody call the WHammbulance. It's exactly what we need. I say bring back Tar and Feathers for these government criminals. And then there was Brian Pitts. Evidently, Mr Pitts goes to lots of hearings, and he is an absolute buffoon. Hopefully he'll be there next week to testify against OC. He'll make any fence sitters lean our way. I didn't realize Simmons was pro gun rights, so that's good. I feel better about the bill's passage out of Judiciary now, assuming it is heard.

titanortiz

The last committee meeting can be held on April 26th. There is one meeting per week typically.

Keep in mind also that we need to go through Rules. Which means we effectively have two more "chances" to be heard by the Judiciary at the most.

thank you for the good info.

77zach

i think it's BS but i don't think it's going to happen this year :mad: !! i hope i'm wrong but time is running out fast :cuss: !!!

You better hope it does. It dodged a round to the head, when Dean let it get out of CJ. We don't want to have to suffer that neocon again next year.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm a bit confused by their logic on this.

Do they thin we're just going to go away and this crap won't come back to bite them on the ass?

They should be trying to get it out of the way, it's going to be a major wedge issue. Their resistance is like throwing water on a grease fire. Surely they know this? If not, then I am impressed by this new low in human ignorance.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
You better hope it does. It dodged a round to the head, when Dean let it get out of CJ. We don't want to have to suffer that neocon again next year.

If it doesn't pass this year, it definitely won't pass next year. Or the year after. My Crystal Ball sees no further than that tho...

77zach

From an optimistic point of view, SB 234 really is right on schedule if it gets heard April 11th. SB 402, which is not very controversial, was OK'd by CJ on 2/8/2011, then didn't get through community affairs until 3/21, now it's in Rules.

Also, look at the expanded agendas for Rules. I guess it's kind of a quick and dirty rubber stamp committee. They've passed everything that comes before them overwhelmingly, usually unanimously. I only saw one bill they voted down.

nigmalg

From an optimistic point of view, SB 234 really is right on schedule if it gets heard April 11th. SB 402, which is not very controversial, was OK'd by CJ on 2/8/2011, then didn't get through community affairs until 3/21, now it's in Rules.

Also, look at the expanded agendas for Rules. I guess it's kind of a quick and dirty rubber stamp committee. They've passed everything that comes before them overwhelmingly, usually unanimously. I only saw one bill they voted down.

This has been an amazing learning experience for most of us I'm sure. It looks as if it's relatively rare for a bill to be officially voted "nay" in committee.

From the looks of things, just getting scheduled is a sign of positive movement. Of course it's just showmanship, most of the decisions and debates have been made off camera, perhaps after hours. Unfortunately that means that we can't go by the pass/fail ratio when determining a committee's friendliness.

On further thought: I wouldn't mind beefing up the committee process and maybe requiring bills to at least get a hearing in their committees. At least with that system, you would know where your representative stands on any given issue. It would be many times more transparent.

Last edited: