• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Department of Homeland Security sending letters to town boards

INSPGAD

Has anyone else heard of this I recieved it on COGunIssues Groups

I received this from a local friend here in Colorado

Perhaps someone can check on this:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Something to watch out for and not something you are hearing in the main-stream of anything.

Last night at the Ault town board they presented a letter that they had received from the Department of Homeland Security. In this letter, the dept. was asking the town to pass a resolution that would allow the Department of Homeland Security, upon their declaration of an emergency situation, to confiscate all guns owned by the citizens of the town. Thank goodness the town board or at least the majority said that they would not support that and the resolution was not furthered along.

They did mention that the towns of Eaton and Greeley had furthered or passed the resolutions in those towns.

Just thought I would pass along so folks can be aware and keep their ears open to this.

Let me know if you’ve heard more or know more.

XXXXXX
Colorado

Hef

If DHS wants to confiscate firearms, they aren't going to ask municipalities for permission. They'll firmly request assistance from local LE in collecting weapons, and they'll firmly ask you to turn yours in, but that's all the asking they'll do.

Bluegrass

Last night at the Ault town board they presented a letter that they had received from the Department of Homeland Security. In this letter, the dept. was asking the town to pass a resolution that would allow the Department of Homeland Security, upon their declaration of an emergency situation, to confiscate all guns owned by the citizens of the town. Thank goodness the town board or at least the majority said that they would not support that and the resolution was not furthered along.

Can you get ahold of a copy of this letter?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I'd want to see one of those letters with my own eyeball sockets. Considering that it is against Colorado Revised Statutes for local law enforcement to keep records or databases of who gun owners are, purchases of guns in a given city, or weapons left with a gun shop for repair, it would be somewhat nonsensical for DHS to request something the city of Ault (or any other) wouldn't have to beging with: records of who own guns in their town. Asking for information they ain't got would be tantamont to asking for permission to do a house to house search (and a real darn comprehensive one at that) for weapons. That would violate a whole bunch of federal laws and Constitutional rights.

On the other hand, after hurricane Katrina, and before rescuers arrived in New Orleans; armed agents wen't through the more expensive neighborhoods of that city and removed guns from homeowners who felt it necessary to defend their own homes and property. After all, the majority of the NOPD fled, leaving the city largely without any LEOs. Some stayed, but not nearly enough. Those that remained were largely holed up at the cop shop. The folks who were confiscating guns in New Orleans were believed to be Blackwater; ergo not legal authority. But the grab did happen.

As for the alleged letter from DHS, I don't think they'd be so openly brazen as to put their intentions down on paper where the intent is so outrageously extraconstitutional and illegal. If they wanted to operate in that manner during an emergency, they'd simply do it without much concern about some decree from the town of Ault that would be subject to preemption by Colorado Revised Statutes anyhow!

So if there is any evidence to the claim that DHS is sending these letters, I'd sure like to see a photocopy of that. Until that happens, I'll keep my powder dry and remain skeptical. This just doesn't sound rational. Anybody can make any claim they want without supporting evidence. Area 51 has aliens from outer space working alongside CIA spooks on covert technology, the moon landings were hoaxed, Nixon fired the fatal shot from the grassy knoll that day in Dealy Plaza, aliens abduct people from their homes at night to ferry them around the cosmos while performing horrific medical experiments on them, and agents of our own government were behind 911 in order to provide false flag provocation for war... all claims that I've heard as if legitimate but without evidence. Show me evidence.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Get a copy, scan and .pdf that sucka...

Yes, please - for the fourth time.

INSPGAD, you can either send it to me in any format and I can translate to PDF and upload. You can even upload it to photobucket.com in any image format and just link to that.

The longer we await a response, the fishier this sounds.

Last edited:

mahkagari

Emailed one of my town board trustees. I'd heard about something that "complied with DHS request for emergency services" so I wanted to check this wasn't snuck in with that. That measure was about training for local LEO and other emergency personnel. On this specific measure, he said that he hadn't seen anything of the sort and there are CHP holders on the board and there's no way it would pass.

Gunslinger

Complete BS. Violation of the US and CO Constitutions and black letter law: full state preemption. Maybe would fly in the PDR of Kalifornia, but not here.

Pace

This is a long time urban myth that has been passed around by some anti-government groups. There is no truth.

Not that I don't believe that certain people in power want to do this :)

Has anyone else heard of this I recieved it on COGunIssues Groups

I received this from a local friend here in Colorado

Perhaps someone can check on this:

Something to watch out for and not something you are hearing in the main-stream of anything.

They did mention that the towns of Eaton and Greeley had furthered or passed the resolutions in those towns.

Just thought I would pass along so folks can be aware and keep their ears open to this.

Let me know if you’ve heard more or know more.

XXXXXX
Colorado

M-Taliesin

This is a long time urban myth that has been passed around by some anti-government groups. There is no truth.

Howdy Pace!
Guess that would explain why a request or two for documentation have not produced any evidence so far. Tough to produce documentation when there ain't none to be had.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm glad to see so much common sense prevails on this forum! We all need to run for Congress. Then again, we all probably have enough common sense not to.

From the OP's acclaimed DHS letter: "...upon their declaration of an emergency situation, to confiscate all guns owned by the citizens of the town."

That's precisely when citizens need to be armed the most, as aptly demonstrated by both the crimes against persons and property following Katrina, as well as by the antics of the NOPD officers who're thankfully being raked over the coals in the courts by judges who have more common sense than did the panicky police officers. In fact, centuries ago it's in times like this that the city would open their armories and distribute weapons!

My, oh my, how sick and twisted have those who govern us become.

It's time to take back the reigns, people. If a candidate isn't for us, for We the People, in all our Constitutional trappings, every jot and tittle of the main document, and each and every one of her Amendments, then they are against us. If they're in office, vote them out. If they're running for office, vote for the other guy. If no one running for office can properly represent their constituents, vote for the one who'll do the least damage.

Mas49.56

Pure BS
Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act is the law of the land. If you can legally walk around your yard now with an AR, AK, pistol, whatever today, then you can during a disaster too. They can't do a thing to you. All the troops I've encountered after hurricanes were not even issued ammo. I was better armed then they were.

INSPGAD

Hello

Sorry had not been on this thread for a while. The post came from COGunIssues on yahoo groups I saw it and thought it was interesting. I don't get up in that area much anymore (Ault or Greeley) and as far as I know don't have access to the supposed letter to the town of Ault board, and don't know the validity of this, as I said I thought it was interesting, If anyone is up in that area they might be able to stop in and see if they could get a copy of it.

aadvark

Mas49.56:

I Agree with Your Post.

On July. 13, 2006..., the Vitter Amendment Passed The United States Senate 84 to 16. It was Retained by The Conference Committee.

President George W. Bush Signed The Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act on September. 30, 2006..., and it became United States Federal Public Law 109-295.

The Plain Provisions of The Vitter Amendment Preempt any such Action by The United States Department of Homeland Security.

Furthermore under Colorado Laws 29-11.7-101, 29-11.7-102, AND 29-11.7-103, such Action would be in Violation of Colorado Law for ANY Local Unit of Government within that State to do so as well.

aadvark

Last edited:

bomber

Pure BS
Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act is the law of the land. If you can legally walk around your yard now with an AR, AK, pistol, whatever today, then you can during a disaster too. They can't do a thing to you. All the troops I've encountered after hurricanes were not even issued ammo. I was better armed then they were.

you may have the law on your side, but paper and ink don't mean squat when they come for you.

rule of law has become a joke in this country, has been for a long time. i have no more trust in a piece of paper. if you want to excercise your "rights" in a SHTF situation, you are going to have to use force and you probably won't survive.