• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here's Proof that Obama's coming for your guns!!

Raggs

Shocking!

I am totally shocked you could knock me over with a feather! This is totally out of the blue! Where did this come from! What is this world coming to!?!?!?

Shoobee

If you said "assault weapons" then you might be right. Obama and Romney and Feinstein have all said that they agree about assault weapons.

If you feel like you need assault weapons and you don't already have a stash of them, now is the time to buy some while you can still get grandfathered-in with your purchases.

Otherwise you may have to wait awhile as a new AWB works its way up to the US Supreme Court if the NRA is so inclined to oppose it.

With 5 to 4 on the High Court being pro-2A right now, including Scalia who is the oldest, this is the best shot (no pun intended) that assault weapon owners will ever have to get a favorable ruling on whether 2A covers assault weapons or not.

And if these 5 guys turn coat on you, then guess what?! Maybe 2A does not cover them at all. Who knows?

We are not supreme court justices. We are only the fans in the peanut gallery.

TheQ

His credibility ain't high, I mean one edition of the radio show he claimed the US Army had Special Forces staking out his radio studio and following him home. People like that I don't generally take seriously

I'm pretty hard core libertarian. I think ppl that spend all day spreading secret conspiracies hurt the cause. There's enough wrong with the system that is in the open, no need to delve into conspiracies and jeopardize our credibility with the average Joe. Just my $.02.

I don't think you can cite AJ as proof of anything.

Last edited:

Yosemite Sam

Family Membership, St. Helen, Michigan, USA
I'm pretty hard core libertarian. I think ppl that spend all day spreading secret conspiracies hurt the cause. There's enough wrong with the system that is in the open, no need to delve into conspiracies and jeopardize our credibility with the average Joe. Just my $.02.

I don't think you can cite AJ as proof of anything.

I don’t care if AJ’s credibility isn’t high or not, the documentation he had is enough for me. Watch the video. And then judge.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If you said "assault weapons" then you might be right. Obama and Romney and Feinstein have all said that they agree about assault weapons.

If you feel like you need assault weapons and you don't already have a stash of them, now is the time to buy some while you can still get grandfathered-in with your purchases.

Otherwise you may have to wait awhile as a new AWB works its way up to the US Supreme Court if the NRA is so inclined to oppose it.

With 5 to 4 on the High Court being pro-2A right now, including Scalia who is the oldest, this is the best shot (no pun intended) that assault weapon owners will ever have to get a favorable ruling on whether 2A covers assault weapons or not.

And if these 5 guys turn coat on you, then guess what?! Maybe 2A does not cover them at all. Who knows?

We are not supreme court justices. We are only the fans in the peanut gallery.

WTH is an "assault weapon"??

TheQ

[The President] shall have Power, by and with Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...

There's no way 66 Senators will vote for the Small Arms Treaty. Over 40 have pledged to vote against it. All this talk about the nuclear option is irrelevant because you need 2/3rds according to the US Const.

Gil223

All this talk about the nuclear option is irrelevant because you need 2/3rds according to the US Const.

The requirement is 2/3 of THOSE PRESENT. They've been known to have votes before without telling some of their members. Pax...

END_THE_FED

[The President] shall have Power, by and with Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur...

There's no way 66 Senators will vote for the Small Arms Treaty. Over 40 have pledged to vote against it. All this talk about the nuclear option is irrelevant because you need 2/3rds according to the US Const.

Not only that but, treaties can NOT override the 2nd amendment. Any treaty in conflict with The Constitution For The United States, is null and void.

A treaty attempting to override or change a provision of the constitution, would be in violation of the requirements in Article 5.