• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 937 passes the general assembly. Goes to governor

trooper46

Will cite when I get home. On my phone.

Looks like they passed:

Restaurant carry
Places where admission is charged
Limited campus carry
State parking lots
Clarified recreational facilities

They kept the pp in place but added some rules for sheriff departments. They can't limit the number of permits anymore or charge additional fees.

Last edited:

REDFIVE48

Unfortunate that the bill clarifies concealed carry at funerals and parades, at least it doesn't do that for restaurant and places where admission is charged.

Of course would be better if those sections of code were repealed completely (no permit required), but it's a start.

Last edited:

JC_Biggs

why does a permit holder have the right to protect himself to and from school, but i dont.. I DONT WANT A F#%*%# CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I DONT NEED ONE!

what the hell dont people get about that.. im so sick of needed the governments permission to live my life

WalkingWolf

why does a permit holder have the right to protect himself to and from school, but i dont.. I DONT WANT A F#%*%# CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT AND THE CONSTITUTION SAYS I DONT NEED ONE!

what the hell dont people get about that.. im so sick of needed the governments permission to live my life
But we are moving into the 21st century where rights are no longer needed. They are being replaced with privileges that we need to beg our government for. So when they feel like it they can yank those privileges right out from under our feet like a rug.

Welcome to progress from elitist progressives.

X-JaVeN-X

Glad to see this finally pass...I don't think we should need a permit to carry either, but it's the world we live in and this is progress. If you don't want a cc permit...then continue to leave your gun in your car and keep stomping your feet until all the restrictions are removed from all forms of carry. I would love to see it happen, but in the meantime, I will enjoy carrying in places I couldn't previously.

stealthyeliminator

You do have the right, you don't have permission. Rights are inalienable. Morally speaking, you would be justified in defending yourself the same today as yesterday and tomorrow, regardless of how the laws shift and change. Legally speaking, maybe not. Why can't politicians understand and respect individuals rights? Men are corrupt.

But I think your point is that it doesn't make sense to say one person with a permit from government has a right while another person doesn't - the permit having no bearing on the possession of a right. That's true, it doesn't make sense. Probably though, the politicians responsible for such restrictions don't really believe you have those rights. They believe you don't have the right, but they're willing to certain citizens permission cards to keep them quiet. Just my speculation.

WalkingWolf

Stop blaming the politicians, they are only doing what the lobbyists pay them to do. And the numpties pay the lobbyists. Yet nobody wants to take blame for this fiasco on our rights. A privilege can be taken away as fast as it is given, a right cannot. The lobbyists are intentionally replacing the right with a privilege. When the winds of the court changes there will be no liberty, but we will be in the present century, right along side Europe.

As long as the public submits the government will take. I do believe if the GA told people they would have to have a permit to breath, the numpties would go along with it.

nobama

Well,Im glad it passed,better than what we had before. I read parts of the bill and it says NOTHING about how one must carry, resturants with alcohol,admission,funerals and parades, it says nothing except cc permit holders may carry a handgun. Sounds to me OC (with a permit) is allowed?

REDFIVE48

Well,Im glad it passed,better than what we had before. I read parts of the bill and it says NOTHING about how one must carry, resturants with alcohol,admission,funerals and parades, it says nothing except cc permit holders may carry a handgun. Sounds to me OC (with a permit) is allowed?

You are correct on carrying in restaurants and places where admission is charged, you should reread the section on parades and funerals, it specifically states carrying concealed with the concealed handgun permit.

SECTION 15. G.S. 14-277.2 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
28 "(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a
29 parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with . . .

Last edited:

carolina guy

You are correct on carrying in restaurants and places where admission is charged, you should reread the section on parades and funerals, it specifically states carrying concealed with the concealed handgun permit.

SECTION 15. G.S. 14-277.2 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
28 "(d) The provisions of this section shall not apply to concealed carry of a handgun at a
29 parade or funeral procession by a person with a valid permit issued in accordance with . . .

To me, this makes it ripe for a lawsuit to keep the right to carry a RIGHT. How is carrying concealed less of a "problem" compared to someone OC? Where is the "compelling state interest" in this??

Last edited:

American Patriot

Why would OCers be upset that CCers pushed through legislature to strentthen their ability to carry conceal?

Should not OCers also push through legislature to strengthen their ability to OC?

Why should one group expect the other group to fight their legal battles for them?

XD40sc

Why should the CC crowd come to a OC site to intimidate and push OCers to support their one sided legislation?

Do you ever smile, do you enjoy anything in life? Your words here paint the picture of a very angry and unhappy person. And more importantly where has it gotten you, what has it accomplished, other than making your an angry and bitter?

and who here has intimidated you?

WalkingWolf

Do you ever smile, do you enjoy anything in life? Your words here paint the picture of a very angry and unhappy person. And more importantly where has it gotten you, what has it accomplished, other than making your an angry and bitter?

and who here has intimidated you?

What a nonsense post, totally off topic and completely ignorant.

WalkingWolf

Just an observation, but insult as a response was predictable. Enjoy your anger, it suits you well.

Your post was intended as a jab(insult) there was no reason other than that, it is rather hypocritical that you turn around and then claim to be insulted for your ignorance.

There was no insult by me, your post was off topic, a jab along a personal line, and ignorant. But this is not your first time.

XD40sc

Why should the CC crowd come to a OC site to intimidate and push OCers to support their one sided legislation?

Who intimidated you?

Actually I would prefer that you didn't contact your representatives in favor of this bill, and based on your constant and outright animosity toward those that choose to CC, I feel confident you didn't.

Direct your efforts toward your representative and get some OC bill in the works for the next session. I'll support any bill that gets NC closer to a true constitutional carry.

WalkingWolf

Who intimidated you?

Actually I would prefer that you didn't contact your representatives in favor of this bill, and based on your constant and outright animosity toward those that choose to CC, I feel confident you didn't.

Direct your efforts toward your representative and get some OC bill in the works for the next session. I'll support any bill that gets NC closer to a true constitutional carry.

And yet again your post is off topic and a insult on a personal level. You have no idea who I contact, but you make poop up anyway. This is really getting to be a habit with you. Instead of debating/discussing you constantly go to direct personal attacks, and ignorant assumptions.