• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tense Situation At Freedom Value Gas station..Prescott

Law abider

On Friday night I was at the above mentioned gas station with my son who is 20 years old. He wanted one can of flavored beer which he got and we went to the counter. I am Ocing which I do all the time. I have been in that gas station before a gazillion times Ocing and have bought my snoot. Anyway, the cashier who I have not seen before asked for an ID. I looked at her and said 'My ID?" She said, "no, his". meaning my son's I said "I am buying the can." She said "But he brought it to the counter." My son said "WI law allows a parent or guardian to buy me beer." She was up front from the beginning and I could see that the situation was only going to get worst. She said" I cannot sell beer to a minor here because it is a convenience store. Only stores with a hard liquor license allow that. it is the law." My son said " I am a former Freedom employee and I have never heard of that." Rather than argue, we left and went to a liquor store and bought 1 can of beer. a fer minutes after we arrived home, I get a call from my constitutional leo buddy asking me where I was." I said "at moms'." he said "I need to come over and talk to you." "Good" I thought since I had been trying to get hold of him for a fer days. he came over in a police SUV and with his partner in a regular squad car. he said" some one just filed a complaint against you and I know it is false." he proceeded to tell me the events that unfolded after I left there. he got a 911 call saying that an Arab was at the store and because he was not served, lifted up his shirt and flashed a gun and left in a maroon car. I was in a white caddy. Then they did see a maroon car going up the highway and called for massive backup. Three squads from hastings MN across the river and two Pierce county deputies swarmed this maroon car and at gunpoint hauled out the terrified owner. OOPS
They then went back and inquired further from the employee, the description and one employee said he was black, but she recognized my name. I am a Caucasian. My leo buddy asked me ( by this time I had them both in the house and had served coffee) "was this what you were wearing?" I said " yes." I was dressed in good dress clothes with my shirt TUCKED in, which is what I ALWAYS do with my 357 at the hip.. he said I know you and you ALWAYS keep your shirt tucked in. He had recognized me finally and had toled the other cops/deputies who I was and that I have a 357. One deputy said that he too knew me. After coffee I drove back in the cruiser with my gun still at my hip to the gas station. He inquired further from the employee if I had actually lifted my shirt and flashed the gun? She said she was not sure. He said that I have a constitutional right to carry a handgun and that he knows my character and that I always have my shirt tucked in. he requested the security camera footage and that he was going to refer this case to a detective. He warned her of making false statements. Privately he told me that she could be arrested for what she did and that she had previously made false statements and I have a case against the gas station. Now I am wondering if the innocent driver who was stopped at gunpoint will take legal action? Boy What a night!!!!!!!!!! Thank God My leo buddy and his partner whom I also know were working the overnight shift!

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Damm Mate, what a night. That could have been and was supposed to be you and your Son in that vehicle. I believe they call this "Swatting". You could have a crazy wasting/stealing tax dollars to put Citizens in harms way to even a grudge.

This is a "must prosecute" situation for you, your Son, and the guy that could have been shot.

Oh, and the "grammar nazis" will hit you on sentence structure so get your flame suit.

Law abider

Damm Mate, what a night. That could have been and was supposed to be you and your Son in that vehicle. I believe they call this "Swatting". You could have a crazy wasting/stealing tax dollars to put Citizens in harms way to even a grudge.

This is a "must prosecute" situation for you, your Son, and the guy that could have been shot.

Oh, and the "grammar nazis" will hit you on sentence structure so get your flame suit.
I hardly slept last nite thinking about what could have happened had I stayed around a wee bit longer. Having a little snoot today to help me sleep. All I say is: get to know some good leos in your town or county deputies. can help at times

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
She abused the law and should be charged and arrested. She could have ruined a man's life.

I suggest a small video recorder such as this: http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro...UTF8&qid=1374886330&sr=8-2&keywords=muvi+veho worn at all times even when not carrying. I clip mine to the front of my shirt in the "Standby" mode and use it whenever I feel the need. It records about an hour and works well.

Stay frosty...

Burl

On Friday night I was at the above mentioned gas station with my son who is 20 years old. He wanted one can of flavored beer which he got and we went to the counter. I am Ocing which I do all the time. I have been in that gas station before a gazillion times Ocing and have bought my snoot. Anyway, the cashier who I have not seen before asked for an ID. I looked at her and said 'My ID?" She said, "no, his". meaning my son's I said "I am buying the can." She said "But he brought it to the counter." My son said "WI law allows a parent or guardian to buy me beer." She was up front from the beginning and I could see that the situation was only going to get worst. She said" I cannot sell beer to a minor here because it is a convenience store. Only stores with a hard liquor license allow that. it is the law." My son said " I am a former Freedom employee and I have never heard of that." Rather than argue, we left and went to a liquor store and bought 1 can of beer. a fer minutes after we arrived home, I get a call from my constitutional leo buddy asking me where I was." I said "at moms'." he said "I need to come over and talk to you." "Good" I thought since I had been trying to get hold of him for a fer days. he came over in a police SUV and with his partner in a regular squad car. he said" some one just filed a complaint against you and I know it is false." he proceeded to tell me the events that unfolded after I left there. he got a 911 call saying that an Arab was at the store and because he was not served, lifted up his shirt and flashed a gun and left in a maroon car. I was in a white caddy. Then they did see a maroon car going up the highway and called for massive backup. Three squads from hastings MN across the river and two Pierce county deputies swarmed this maroon car and at gunpoint hauled out the terrified owner. OOPS
They then went back and inquired further from the employee, the description and one employee said he was black, but she recognized my name. I am a Caucasian. My leo buddy asked me ( by this time I had them both in the house and had served coffee) "was this what you were wearing?" I said " yes." I was dressed in good dress clothes with my shirt TUCKED in, which is what I ALWAYS do with my 357 at the hip.. he said I know you and you ALWAYS keep your shirt tucked in. He had recognized me finally and had toled the other cops/deputies who I was and that I have a 357. One deputy said that he too knew me. After coffee I drove back in the cruiser with my gun still at my hip to the gas station. He inquired further from the employee if I had actually lifted my shirt and flashed the gun? She said she was not sure. He said that I have a constitutional right to carry a handgun and that he knows my character and that I always have my shirt tucked in. he requested the security camera footage and that he was going to refer this case to a detective. He warned her of making false statements. Privately he told me that she could be arrested for what she did and that she had previously made false statements and I have a case against the gas station. Now I am wondering if the innocent driver who was stopped at gunpoint will take legal action? Boy What a night!!!!!!!!!! Thank God My leo buddy and his partner whom I also know were working the overnight shift!

Your 20 yr old son should have been cuffed and run for being a minor in possession of an intoxicating beverage. YOU should not have let him be in possession of alcohol since you were right there and since there was no consumption allowed on the premises.

Basically your problem and your fault.

protias

Your 20 yr old son should have been cuffed and run for being a minor in possession of an intoxicating beverage. YOU should not have let him be in possession of alcohol since you were right there and since there was no consumption allowed on the premises.

You don't know the law [strike]very well[/strike] at all do you?

Law abider

She abused the law and should be charged and arrested. She could have ruined a man's life.

I suggest a small video recorder such as this: http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro...UTF8&qid=1374886330&sr=8-2&keywords=muvi+veho worn at all times even when not carrying. I clip mine to the front of my shirt in the "Standby" mode and use it whenever I feel the need. It records about an hour and works well.

Stay frosty...

I definitely am going to get one! Thanks buddy.

Law abider

What? There was no consumption. I was just buying. We only consume at home. What state do you reside in?? Hope not NY,Illinois or CA.

Burl

What? There was no consumption. I was just buying. We only consume at home. What state do you reside in?? Hope not NY,Illinois or CA.

Maybe you should reread your first report. The clerk was one hundred percent correct. Your MINOR son was in possession in a store that does not allow consumption on their premises. Your MINOR son went and got the beer according to you. If the police do watch store video, you and your kid may be charged.

Burl

Ignore the stalker/troll. Better yet, just report him.

Protias' channel on Youtube. The latest video shows Protias stalking/chasing a woman down the highway at 80mph. Illegal horn, illegal use of a vehicle horn. Gives a description of the woman hez chasing. Who is the real stalker?

pkbites

Maybe you should reread your first report. The clerk was one hundred percent correct. Your MINOR son was in possession in a store that does not allow consumption on their premises. Your MINOR son went and got the beer according to you. If the police do watch store video, you and your kid may be charged.

BZZZ! WRONG!

I am the police (for 31 years as of July 17th of this year) and for several years I was an alcohol compliance investigator in my agencies detective bureau.

HERE is a legal publication by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue that is issued to all licensed vendors.

From the document (bolding mine):

An underage person may not possess alcohol beverages
anywhere unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or
spouse of legal drinking age (sec.
125.07(4)(b).
:
(sec.125.07(4)(bm), Wis. Stats.)

SALES AND SERVICE OF
ALCOHOL BEVERAGES TO
UNDERAGE PERSONS
An underage person accompanied by a parent, guardian,
or spouse of legal drinking age may be sold or served
alcohol beverages in any licensed premises

.(Sec.125.07(1), Wis. Stats.)

If you have any honor you will admit you are incorrect and that will be the end of it. Somehow I have a feeling that's not going to happen,though.:rolleyes:

Burl

BZZZ! WRONG!

I am the police (for 31 years as of July 17th of this year) and for several years I was an alcohol compliance investigator in my agencies detective bureau.

HERE is a legal publication by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue that is issued to all licensed vendors.

From the document (bolding mine):

An underage person may not possess alcohol beverages
anywhere unless accompanied by a parent, guardian, or
spouse of legal drinking age (sec.
125.07(4)(b).
:
(sec.125.07(4)(bm), Wis. Stats.)

SALES AND SERVICE OF
ALCOHOL BEVERAGES TO
UNDERAGE PERSONS
An underage person accompanied by a parent, guardian,
or spouse of legal drinking age may be sold or served
alcohol beverages in any licensed premises

.(Sec.125.07(1), Wis. Stats.)

If you have any honor you will admit you are incorrect and that will be the end of it. Somehow I have a feeling that's not going to happen,though.:rolleyes:

Yeah right, and I have been a cop for 41 years. You have been on fantasy island for too long. I also was the Wisconsin state liqour commissioner for two decades.

pkbites

You have been on fantasy island for too long.

What exactly does that mean? Are you calling me a liar? Have the testicular fortitude to call me a liar then.

But you cannot deny the cite I posted, including the relevant statutes. You can look them up yourself if you don't believe my cite is unadulterated.

The store isn't required to sell anything to anyone they don't want to, but that kid was not breaking any laws in Wisconsin.