• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attention ALL Missouri OC'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrepuyan

i think i could safely say that the younger generation can read a miss-spelled paragraph a lot beter then the older population can since thats how most of us write.

if you insist upon making statements such as above which imply "younger" generations are just THAT more stupid / uneducated, don't drag the rest of us from that "generation" with you.

129091811371382677.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice!

goalseter88

if you insist upon making statements such as above which imply "younger" generations are just THAT more stupid / uneducated, don't drag the rest of us from that "generation" with you.

just to start off, that sentence is not correct gramma/puncutation wise. just to make a point that the younger generation doesnt write correctly, even when they are trying to deny that they don't write correctly. i mean i the king of run on sentences, but i pretty sure that should of been more then one sentence and the first letter capitalized.

but besides that ironic error i think your missing the point nrepuyan. i not saying it is right for us to write in incomplete sentences. i simply stating the fact that the "younger generation" does write in abbreviations and incomplete sentences. and while it might not be a good thing, i not closing my eyes to the fact that we do this. you got me wrong also on the fact that i think the younger generation is more stupid/uneducated. i not saying we dont know proper english, i saying that we dont use it properly even though we do know how to write properly.

sohighlyunlikely

release the hounds

I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice! I promised I would be nice!

feel free to terrorize Nrepuyan. He seems to be asking for it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

just to start off, that sentence is not correct gramma/puncutation wise. just to make a point that the younger generation doesnt write correctly, even when they are trying to deny that they don't write correctly. i mean i the king of run on sentences, but i pretty sure that should of been more then one sentence and the first letter capitalized.

but besides that ironic error i think your missing the point nrepuyan. i not saying it is right for us to write in incomplete sentences. i simply stating the fact that the "younger generation" does write in abbreviations and incomplete sentences. and while it might not be a good thing, i not closing my eyes to the fact that we do this. you got me wrong also on the fact that i think the younger generation is more stupid/uneducated. i not saying we dont know proper english, i saying that we dont use it properly even though we do know how to write properly.

Goalsetter88,

I PM'ed him regarding this issue and I want you to understand he is spot on.

I have in the past had a standing order, with my secretary Gina, review all resume's and cover letters and if they contain grammatical or spelling errors, DO NOT under any circumstances forward them to me for review as they do not qualify.

While you have moved forward and put your personal situation on the line in more ways than one, if you can not grasp the importance of this one simple subject, you are doomed. Not unlike myself, the gents that influence the making of laws expect those whom show support to be able to speak and write in cognitive sentences.

Do not allow your indifference to become the label of vanity, embrace and improve in contrast to resisting, the bottom line is sir, it does count.

PM me for more information should you seek it, beyond that, you limit yourself to what you do and remain one voice sir.

nrepuyan

stupid_post_bear.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
feel free to terrorize Nrepuyan. He seems to be asking for it.

Aye, he does sir, however, I gave my word and I see such intensity in so many whom only need a bit of guidance in the roles that shall make life better.

Despite his inability to see the wisdom of years of effort, his passions ring true.

As soon as I am sure the youngster understands we are on the same team, I shall verbally rape him as he is likely a formidable foe, but prior to sending him into his jpg files seeking revenge, I will assume he is at least a possible ally.

:)

nrepuyan

Aye, he does sir, however, I gave my word and I see such intensity in so many whom only need a bit of guidance in the roles that shall make life better.

Despite his inability to see the wisdom of years of effort, his passions ring true.

As soon as I am sure the youngster understands we are on the same team, I shall verbally rape him as he is likely a formidable foe, but prior to sending him into his jpg files seeking revenge, I will assume he is at least a possible ally.

:)

lmtd...me being the nerd that i am, we shall settle this over a game of tic-tac-toe. :) as far as revenge, i have no reason for revenge against someone such as yourself. i'm just a padawan, you and sohighlyunlikely are the jedi counsel members.

wargames-05.jpg

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
lmtd...me being the nerd that i am, we shall settle this over a game of tic-tac-toe. :) as far as revenge, i have no reason for revenge against someone such as yourself. i'm just a padawan, you and sohighlyunlikely are the jedi counsel members.

wargames-05.jpg

/grep this muppet :)

Nerds are defined, you have limits, I do not. Be careful what you wish for as I am as relentless as the come.

Consider yourself a class above, step into the puddle and alas, fear the reaper sir as he knows no limits.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Oh gesh. I have grown weary of internet pron already, I would have thought you would have more staying power than PRON.

Status
Not open for further replies.