• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas City Star Nov 6th 4:00 P.M.

ChiangShih

i should be there, as long as i go in to work every day an hour early, if i sleep in and dont, i be forced to work saterday, and wont make the IDPA match or the meet. but i hoping to be there.

Lol, well that will be true dedication if you do make it. If you do not, you'll be with us in spirit; I shall order an extra shot of espresso in your honor.

Big Boy

I've been wondering where this damn thread went. I always skip the sticky's.

John563

This was from Jim40Cal on another thread

Kansas City Star Plaza
Ok guys I was afraid of this. I got an email today from the reporter after I ask him if he was still on and this was his reply: Question, Are you still on for this Saturday? Thanks, James

Sorry I now have to do a post election thing. Still want to do a story. Will get back with you asap.

Donald Bradley

Reporter, Kansas City Star

John563

Ok folks.......I've got a question for you all concerning this KC reporter Donald Bradley. Are we sure that we want to be interviewed by a reporter that does not report the facts accurately, misrepresents facts or perhaps injects his own personal feeling into the message that WE are trying to get out. I was in Missouricarry.com forum and came across this thread (Showdown looms for Raymore) where Mr. Bradley did a couple of pieces concerning CCW in the town meetings. He did not have his facts straight in the first article nor did he correct them in the second. I may be wrong but he did not seam to be neutral in the matter. He kind of implied that the people were crazy for talking about CC. I can only imagine what he might say about people that are open carrying. I'll try and post links. just so youall can tell me Im wrong. See you all Saturday

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/21/2341462/showdown-looms-for-raymore-gun.html

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/02/2385985/raymore-voters-shoot-down-gun.html

ChiangShih

This was from Jim40Cal on another thread

Kansas City Star Plaza
Ok guys I was afraid of this. I got an email today from the reporter after I ask him if he was still on and this was his reply: Question, Are you still on for this Saturday? Thanks, James

Sorry I now have to do a post election thing. Still want to do a story. Will get back with you asap.

Donald Bradley

Reporter, Kansas City Star

Well, that is no good. At least there will still be coffee.

ChiangShih

Ok folks.......I've got a question for you all concerning this KC reporter Donald Bradley. Are we sure that we want to be interviewed by a reporter that does not report the facts accurately, misrepresents facts or perhaps injects his own personal feeling into the message that WE are trying to get out. I was in Missouricarry.com forum and came across this thread (Showdown looms for Raymore) where Mr. Bradley did a couple of pieces concerning CCW in the town meetings. He did not have his facts straight in the first article nor did he correct them in the second. I may be wrong but he did not seam to be neutral in the matter. He kind of implied that the people were crazy for talking about CC. I can only imagine what he might say about people that are open carrying. I'll try and post links. just so youall can tell me Im wrong. See you all Saturday

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/21/2341462/showdown-looms-for-raymore-gun.html

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/02/2385985/raymore-voters-shoot-down-gun.html

Well, I read both of the articles and he does seem to lean toward the liberal perspective but that may be a reflection on the publication itself. Most journalist tend to lean on the liberal, and most of their employing papers like that. However, I don't see any blatant dismissal of our side and he did offer both opinions on the matter in reasonably fair context, imo. I have no problem approaching this specific journalist, but it does stress the importance of articulating our side of the issue in an immutable manner. When or if we do talk to him, it would probably be best to keep our answers direct and uniform, and avoid getting caught up in "constitutional" or "self defence!" one liners.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Folks - reporters tell stories - that's why they are called "stories."

Virtually all publicity is good for us, often GREAT for us. Just engage the press, do a good job of being yourselves, and all will work out fine.

mjk

I saw the story on Fox 4, I can't believe there's a group practicing open carry in my area and I didn't even know. I would have loved to be there. So, when is the next meetup? Will it be at the same Starbucks?
Also, are there any Raytown area people on here?
Thank you.

ChiangShih

I saw the story on Fox 4, I can't believe there's a group practicing open carry in my area and I didn't even know. I would have loved to be there. So, when is the next meetup? Will it be at the same Starbucks?
Thank you.

Hey mjk, welcome to OC.org! As of right now the meetings are every first Saturday of the month, location of the meeting is subject to change depending on what everyone wants to do/try, but for now I think the Starbucks on the plaza worked out quite well. Again welcome, if any of the times or locations change I'm sure there will be a thread detailing it :D.

randyj

Welcome!

Thank you.

MJK, welcome to the world of Open Carry! We certainly need your support and enthusiasim to help move the cause forward! I think you will find the folks in our group to be some of finest people you will ever meet, and to top it off...they have a wealth of knowledge regarding OC in Missouri...and they love to share it with anyone who desires to learn more.

I believe there are a couple of people in our group who live in Raytown. We have several from Independence..which is where I live.

With this latest bit of positive exposure for OC....I think it is almost certain we WILL have many new people at our next "get together". I look forward to meeting you!

Randy