• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun shop for repairs. Near San Diego.

CORN BORN

Looking for a gun shop that would have a part for a Sig magazine a Floorplate Insert. Sig does not sell just that part you have to buy the whole mag. I just need the plastic floorplate Insert, the mag itself is brand new. Turners and others only can order a new Mag. Is there a parts shop that might have the goods?

CORN BORN

I called Sig thismorning and said they dont just sell that part. They will only sell the entire mag assembly.

CORN BORN

It is not the Base Plate....it is the plastic piece that holds the base plate in place. It is called the Floor Plate Insert, it is the union between the spring and the base plate with a little pin that is held in the base plate. Thanks for the help, I will give them a try when they open.

Born2Lose

I called Sig thismorning and said they dont just sell that part. They will only sell the entire mag assembly.

In my previous post i provided a link with multiple sig floor plates for sale seperately. Did you search the web other than directly from sig?
Midway usa probably even sells the part by itself.

EDIT: second page of my first link has the inserts for $4 a piece
http://www.topgunsupply.com/parts-sig-sauer_parts-magazine-base_pads-floor_plates-inserts/index2.html

Last edited:

CORN BORN

oh i gotcha...2nd page of the site. thought you misunderstood me when i seen baseplate page. anyway thanks.

CORN BORN

I dont search alot on the websites. I do like to walk in to a store and buy it that way in person. I don't know why I guess I like the conversation with people. But this web might be the way to go on this part.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
MMMmmm I feel they are overpriced

Duncan's is the best repair place in the area.
Due to their pricing schedule....replacing a front sight on my sig $35-00 5 mins work ...I don't think brain surgeons get $7 a minute however they are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful its just the armorers charges that amaze ...

pullnshoot25

Due to their pricing schedule....replacing a front sight on my sig $35-00 5 mins work ...I don't think brain surgeons get $7 a minute however they are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful its just the armorers charges that amaze ...

They get a bit FUDdy every once in a while but they are generally cool. I stop in from time to time to check their used gun racks and whatnot.

Iopencarry

just to be funny, I looked it up,
adv cost brain op- $127,000.
adv time 1-3 hours

At that price, I'd take the gun smith at $35 Alex, lol