• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New In lexington

Derek Jackson

So today is my first day of open carry. I have owned a handgun for some time but always kept it in my center console or just at home. Today I finally took the plunge since i have permission to OC at work and grabbed a cheap nylon holster for my FEG .32 and went to work. I have only been at work and walked over to taco bell so far and i have to admit it is a little strange. Haven't gotten any comments yet but have had a few strange looks.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!! Congrats on your first day of OCing!!! The strangeness will gradually go away as you cary more often. Most people will not even notice your gun. Of those that do, most will either approve or be neutral about it. I have been OCing for five years and have yet to have any kind of negative encounter.

09jisaac

Most people will not even notice your gun. Of those that do, most will either approve or be neutral about it. I have been OCing for five years and have yet to have any kind of negative encounter.

Basically anything short of a super-shorty 12ga in a tactical thigh holster would go unnoticed by most people. So don't be surprised if you don't get any strange looks. If your firearm is similar to what I think it is (small) then it would be idea for a CC piece.

Like SD said, after a while you don't think too much about carrying a gun. It is just like a cell phone, you don't even think about it when you grab it and head out the door.

Comm

Welcome! You will get LOADS of info here. OC is a little weird at first, but like others have said you will get used to it, and it will become 2nd nature. Most people around here accept it, although you will not see many OC.
Welcome to the Forum!

neuroblades

Welcome aboard, Derek! This is a great place to ask questions, learn about the OC mentality and just "hang out" and rag chew! *LOL*