• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the value of a Norinco 9x19mm T-54?

mem1977

Does anyone know what a Sport Arms Miami, Florida Norinco 9x19mm T-54 would be valued at? I think it is a Chinese pistol imported here to the USA. A friend of mine was wanting to know. He has one of these pistols. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
On the condition I haven't seen the gun yet. He just called me and asked if I could find out what it might be worth. This is the serial number that he gave me over the phone... It is xxxxxxx.... if he read it off right.

For some reason, gun-guys never write the full serial number on-line or in a publication. Usually the last two or three digits are represented as "x"s. For example, 125393XXX. It gives enough info that if there is serial number sensitive value consideration it can be distinguished from guns made in certain serial number range that lacked that valuable aspect.

I don't really know why the full serial number is withheld. Maybe somebody who knows for sure can chime in. Since it seems universal, I'm guessing it is a good reason. You might want to replace the last three numbers with x's.