• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch, 15th of November

Rusty Young Man

Who: All OCers, CCers, and assorted Freedom-loving individuals
What: Pre-Thanksgiving* OC lunch
When: 1 pm on Saturday, 15th of November
Where: Phoenix. Eatery name and location being sent by PM**
Why: Why not? :)

I should be easy to recognize, if not by my OCed sidearm alone; details of what I am likely to wear are being sent by PM.

*This is in the hopes that a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas OC lunch will be possible.:)

**Will be contacting the eatery to see if this can be a "formal" OC lunch; if the eatery does not have a problem with our OC AND it being announced publicly, the details will be posted here for all to see).

Update (2014/10/27):
This lunch may be moved up one week (to the 8th), as several members have stated they would be unable to make it on the 15th.

Update (2014/10/30):
Seeing as moving the lunch up by one week results in no NET increase in members attending, I think it would be best to keep the date for the 15th. Again, the lunch is set for the 15th of November at 1 pm.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Alright, three people have now stated they would've unable to make it to a lunch on the 15th; who here would be able to make it on the 8th (one week earlier)?

Can we sound off so I can get a rough idea of how many people may be in attendance?

I thought I could make both days (who needs an excuse to have two OC lunches?:lol:), but money will be kind of tight during the next month or so, and it takes a bit each time I make the round trip from Tucson to Phoenix and back.:(

Add.
Also, I'd like to see if Saturday, December 6th works for a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas lunch?

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Alright, three people have now stated they would've unable to make it to a lunch on the 15th; who here would be able to make it on the 8th (one week earlier)?

Can we sound off so I can get a rough idea of how many people may be in attendance?

I thought I could make both days (who needs an excuse to have two OC lunches?:lol:), but money will be kind of tight during the next month or so, and it takes a bit each time I make the round trip from Tucson to Phoenix and back.:(

Add.
Also, I'd like to see if Saturday, December 6th works for a post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas lunch?

I'll check with my scheduling department (A.K.A. THE MRS!!!), but so far it's looking good for both dates quoted above. :cool:

Rusty Young Man

I'll check with my scheduling department (A.K.A. THE MRS!!!), but so far it's looking good for both dates quoted above. :cool:

So the 8th of November and the 6th of December work for you?

Sorry, the 8th I'm out of town. Dec 6 is good for me.

It seems like November will be more hectic than I originally thought.:) So far, it seems like the 8th of November will be the date of the next OC lunch.
Anyone else not able to make it on the 8th?

Also, I am now making a thread for the 6th of December, so mark your calendars.;)

Javelina

15th works best lol

15th works best for me, I know we have to go house hunting on the 8th :rolleyes: but 15th should be good to get away for a bit. Let me know what you guys want to do. :cool:

Rusty Young Man

Seeing as moving the lunch up by one week results in no NET increase in members attending, I think it would be best to keep the date for the 15th. Again, the lunch is set for the 15th of November at 1 pm.

Also, don't forget to mark your calendars for the 6th of December!:)

Last edited:

Javelina

Bad News :(

Guys I have bad news, my boss has just informed me that I will have to take my Guard Card Renewal Class on the 15th. (Guard Card is required to do Security work in AZ). The class will be from 9am-5pm so I will be unable to make the 1pm lunch. I wish I could skip out but as stated the card is needed to put food on the table. I will make sure to be plugged in with any MDA event(s) that take place next month though, just let me know!!! :lol:

Rusty Young Man

Phoenix metro or Tucson area?

Phoenix metro. I should have put that in the original post. Sorry about the blunder.:(
Always glad to meet a fellow OCer, and it's nice to put faces and names together.:)

Guys I have bad news, my boss has just informed me that I will have to take my Guard Card Renewal Class on the 15th.SNIP...

Darn. Well, since you need THIS :)p) Saturday class, I guess we won't hold it against you.:D

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

One more week

The lunch is exactly one week out, and the eatery details have been sent by PM.:)

Can't wait to see you all there, and hope to see some new faces.

Rusty Young Man

Did anyone who expected to receive the OC lunch details not receive a PM from me?

I sent one out at 1 pm, and tried again at 3 pm (just now); let me know if you're still unable to see my message, and I'll try again. The more Freedom-loving people, the merrier.:)

Rusty Young Man

Only 24(-ish) hours before the Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch!:)

I will check my inbox several more times today, and one last time tomorrow before heading out.

If anyone wants to join us and thinks there is even the slightest possibility that you'll make it, PM either myself or one of the other attendees for the eatery location.

Jeff Hayes

Only 24(-ish) hours before the Pre-Thanksgiving OC lunch!:)

I will check my inbox several more times today, and one last time tomorrow before heading out.

If anyone wants to join us and thinks there is even the slightest possibility that you'll make it, PM either myself or one of the other attendees for the eatery location.

I will not make it this time, I have to be in Avondale on Monday, It would be two 240 mile round trips in three days.

Rusty Young Man

I will not make it this time, I have to be in Avondale on Monday, It would be two 240 mile round trips in three days.

Don't sweat it, I'd be a little reluctant to make such a trek myself.
Hopefully you're able to make the December one (Saturday, 6th of December at 1 pm; eatery details will be released within the week), and January and February lunches are being planned as well.:)

Anyone else who wishes to receive the details but didn't get a PM from me, please let one of us know (always nice meeting another Freedom-loving individual).:)