• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
WCI is planning to have tens of thousands of the "Constitutional Carry legislative initiative" flyers printed up.

We need these to be distributed to gun stores ALL over the state.

Locally, the WCI board members will distribute to stores near us, but we need volunteers who we can mail a box of these flyers to who PROMISE to, within a week of receipt of them, take them to local gun stores in YOUR area to distribute.

I am making this request on this forum vs. emailing our entire memberlist so that we can post stores that are "covered" and those that aren't so we don't duplicate effort or get dozens of emails about the same store.

SO, if YOU are willing to PROMISE to, within a week of receipt, distribute flyers to gun stores, (large and small) including sporting goods stores that sell guns, please post the name of the store OR stores you volunteer to distribute these flyers to, and we will compile a list, see who can cover what and ship them to volunteers to distribute.

You'll want to stop in a gun store, identify yourself as a volunteer for WCI, have a conversation with the staff, be able to explain constitutional carry, perhaps even address a couple of objections.

To reduce shipping costs and logistical efficiency, if multiple people volunteer for the same store, it will be most efficient to ship a box of flyers to those who can cover the most stores.

In the meantime, people could also print off flyers (its intended to be printed 2-sided)

Brass Magnet: (Baraboo Area)
-Gander Mountain Baraboo
-Ace hardware Sauk Prairie
-True Value Reedsburg
- Jim's Gun's Baraboo

Carcharadon (appleton area)
-Appleton Gander Mtn
-Scheels
- Fleet Farm
-Jons Sport Shop in Oshkosh.

Icrewuh60 (Madison area)
- Gander Mtn.
-Dicks Sporting Goods,
-PT Firearms, a certain
-Napa store in Mt. Horeb
-The Ammo Box in Sun Prairie

Attachments

• WCI constitutional carry.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Gander Baraboo Ace sauk Prairie

I could take care of Gander Mountain in Baraboo if Cowboyrdn hasn't already and Ace Sauk Pairie. Maybe Reedsburg True Value as well. My brothers sporting goods shop may be a good place too although he only does archery and fishing a lot of people stop in there.

I don't know how many I'd need though.

How many flyers to a box?
I'm guessing that you are planning on leaving a box there for people to take?

ETA: You know, an offering of WCI jackets for us to buy would be nice for this time of year. It's nice to have a WCI shirt when doing some volunteer work but a T-shirt seems like it would be a little chilly right about now. LOL

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
My brothers sporting goods shop may be a good place too although he only does archery and fishing a lot of people stop in there.

I would think a archery/fishing store may tend to attract a similar gun-owning customer base.

Not sure yet. Just getting an idea of where we have volunteers willing to spend a little time for constitutional carry. :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
this is good. Anyone send a copy to Rep Gunderson ? The guy that drafted the future CCW bill that will be introduced sometime this next legislative session. He is the guy we all here must hammer on plus our own individual elected officials.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Guys,

I support your efforts, but I'd like to encourage you to be more accurate.

Virginia has many options for satisfying the training requirement in order to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308 lists them:

G. The court shall require proof that the applicant has demonstrated competence with a handgun and the applicant may demonstrate such competence by one of the following, but no applicant shall be required to submit to any additional demonstration of competence, nor shall any proof of demonstrated competence expire:

1. Completing any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries or a similar agency of another state;

2. Completing any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;

3. Completing any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law-enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association or the Department of Criminal Justice Services;

4. Completing any law-enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;

5. Presenting evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or current military service or proof of an honorable discharge from any branch of the armed services;

6. Obtaining or previously having held a license to carry a firearm in the Commonwealth or a locality thereof, unless such license has been revoked for cause;

7. Completing any firearms training or safety course or class, including an electronic, video, or on-line course, conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor;

8. Completing any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualifying to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties; or

9. Completing any other firearms training which the court deems adequate.

A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes; an affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught such course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant; or a copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition shall constitute evidence of qualification under this subsection.

The on-line program is one that meets #9. With some persuasion I know that I could get my local Circuit Court Clerk to accept reading posts on OCDO for one week. :>) Notice the last clause in #5? No "proof of training" involved there - it is a presumption that you got some training. I have assisted WWI vets in getting their CHP by finding a DD-214 or Discharge Certificate.

Please don't let the error ride just because it was unintentional. Virginians don't need the error brought up by the anti's.

Good luck to you in your efforts. Be sure to stop by and say hello if you ever get to the Old Dominion.

stay safe.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
this is good. Anyone send a copy to Rep Gunderson ? The guy that drafted the future CCW bill that will be introduced sometime this next legislative session. He is the guy we all here must hammer on plus our own individual elected officials.

I've spoken to his staffers at length and you are absolutely correct. HE is being lobbied hard by the gun-instructor crowd/groups and from conversations with his staffer "mike" he makes it sound like Gunderson is solidy SHALL-ISSUE.

Gunderson's staffer said he "in principle" supports constitution carry, but gave me EVERY TYPICAL excuse in the book why we should pursue shall-issue. None of the excuses made sense to me. Most were the "well no one has gone from no concealed carry to constitutional carry, so its not realistic" type comments.

Of course, that is hogwash.

If that be the case, the first shall-issue state could have said "no state has shall issue".

There HAS to be a first. Its time to tell the "old boy" legislators who've been buried in Madison politics for FAR too long that they need to step up to the freedom table. The elections of Nov. 2nd are proof positive people want LESS government, not more.

IcrewUH60

WCI is planning to have tens of thousands of the "Constitutional Carry legislative initiative" flyers printed up.

We need these to be distributed to gun stores ALL over the state.

Locally, the WCI board members will distribute to stores near us, but we need volunteers who we can mail a box of these flyers to who PROMISE to, within a week of receipt of them, take them to local gun stores in YOUR area to distribute.

I am making this request on this forum vs. emailing our entire memberlist so that we can post stores that are "covered" and those that aren't so we don't duplicate effort or get dozens of emails about the same store.

SO, if YOU are willing to PROMISE to, within a week of receipt, distribute flyers to gun stores, (large and small) including sporting goods stores that sell guns, please post the name of the store OR stores you volunteer to distribute these flyers to, and we will compile a list, see who can cover what and ship them to volunteers to distribute.

You'll want to stop in a gun store, identify yourself as a volunteer for WCI, have a conversation with the staff, be able to explain constitutional carry, perhaps even address a couple of objections.

To reduce shipping costs and logistical efficiency, if multiple people volunteer for the same store, it will be most efficient to ship a box of flyers to those who can cover the most stores.

In the meantime, people could also print off flyers (its intended to be printed 2-sided)

Brass Magnet: (Baraboo Area)
-Gander Mountain Baraboo
-Ace hardware Sauk Prairie
-True Value Reedsburg
- Jim's Gun's Baraboo

Carcharadon (appleton area)
-Appleton Gander Mtn
-Scheels
- Fleet Farm
-Jons Sport Shop in Oshkosh.

Distribute to gun stores as in:

"Hello Mr. Gun Store Owner, I have a box of flyers I'd like to place on your counters with your permission for your customers to take if they wish."

or

"Hello Mr. Gun Store Owner, I have a box of flyers that I would like to hand out on your property to your customers with your permission."

LOERetired

I'll Take Madison

I could take care of Gander Mountain in Baraboo if Cowboyrdn hasn't already and Ace Sauk Pairie. Maybe Reedsburg True Value as well. My brothers sporting goods shop may be a good place too although he only does archery and fishing a lot of people stop in there.

I don't know how many I'd need though.

ETA: You know, an offering of WCI jackets for us to buy would be nice for this time of year. It's nice to have a WCI shirt when doing some volunteer work but a T-shirt seems like it would be a little chilly right about now. LOL

I moved to Madison a month ago so you can have Baraboo. I'll take Madison Gander Mountain, and other gun stores I can find.

Cowboyridn

Don

The Don

I can cover Madison. Thinking of Gander Mtn. Dicks Sporting Goods, PT Firearms, a certain Napa store in Mt. Horeb and I know of one gun shop in Sun Prairie but can't remember the name.

Anything else in the Madison Area? Not too many firearm shops in Madison.

The one in Sun Prairie is The Ammo Box. There's also Deerfield Pistol and Archery Center in Deerfield, obviously.

Beretta-m9

Im located in Elroy and willing to take them to all gun stores in tomah, mauston, new lisbon, and the smaller towns in surrounding areas, I can think of atleast 15 local gun/sports stores in these areas and will look in the book for more, I would also be willing to take them to all the area gun clubs or anywhere else I can find thats subject related.

LOERetired

Baraboo a little too conservative for ya Don? :lol:;)

Ok, sounds good to me. I'll cover the Sauk-Baraboo-Reedsburg corridor.

Maybe oliverclothesoff would like to do the Dells area?

:D conservative, lol just needed to get closer to work:monkey