• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NVFAC Legislature ratings

What Grade would you give Tim?

• A- Tim is a Rock Star!

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • B- I usually agree with Tim.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • C- Tim could vote Anti- if put in a siutuation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D- Tim is not online with the gun issues

• F- Tim OC'ed a black gun after memorial day :-(

• Total voters

The Big Guy

Although I don't agree with Tim on this issue, I do understand where he is coming from. For the Association to give him on "C" based on that issue is a bit harsh. Actually in light of his response it is a lot harsh. This is why it is important for us to have access to the answers and not just some rating. I generally don't like "Yes" or "No" answers on something like this because it is not a complete answer.

Based on this it would be shameful for the Association not to get behind Tim in this election. We need him and more like him. In fact they have rated my Assembly Person as an "A" and from the contact I have had with her, I would rate her a "B". She just happened to answer all the questions the way they wanted her to.

TBG

The Big Guy

What is the exact wording for Question 5? Did I miss it?

The survey has been removed so I don't have the exact wording but it has to do with the right of an employee to have their legal firearm in their vehicle while parked in a publicly accessible employee parking lot. For instance it is my understanding that Wally World does not allow employees to have firearms in their vehicles while at work. The proposal would remove that from employer discretion.

TBG

Vegassteve

I am too angry right now, so I wont type what I want to. If Don Turner thinks for one second that he has done ANYTHING for us in Clark County then he is sorely mistaken. One of a handful of men that have stepped up to the plate Tim, and they do this to him. And I joined that group in good faith. I still havent typed what I wanted to.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

By the way, Tim get's high marks in the Campaign for Liberty survey. One of the questions there is concerning constitutional carry.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I agree with the premise, but I don't see it as a law that actually does anything anyway. You can be fired for NO reason, so this just adds to a list of things that can't be a reason, IF THEY CHOOSE TO GIVE A REASON.

I would put myself at neutral on the issue so far; willing to listen to all arguments I've not yet heard.

And I certainly would not hold this question, as written, against anyone, since it does not have the ability to reveal motives.

Vegassteve

Not once did the board reach out to any of us members to ask about the grading system or tell us how they would do it. And on top of that we have a board member running for office that must have been a part of the question making and grading system. I can only assume this because we have never been told anything. In fact other than spam email for the most part, there has not been any communication to us the members on what is going on. And then they pull this **** on us.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Not once did the board reach out to any of us members to ask about the grading system or tell us how they would do it. And on top of that we have a board member running for office that must have been a part of the question making and grading system. I can only assume this because we have never been told anything. In fact other than spam email for the most part, there has not been any communication to us the members on what is going on. And then they pull this **** on us.

Precisely why we should all join so we can take control at the next election. My understanding is you can't be President until you have served on the board first. That, I don't like. Any member should be able to stand for office, including the President. The membership needs to take a look at stuff like that and maybe move for a change at the next members meeting.

TBG

Vegassteve

Precisely why we should all join so we can take control at the next election. My understanding is you can't be President until you have served on the board first. That, I don't like. Any member should be able to stand for office, including the President. The membership needs to take a look at stuff like that and maybe move for a change at the next members meeting.

TBG

Has there been a members meeting? Other than the dog and pony show at Stoneys?

The Big Guy

Has there been a members meeting? Other than the dog and pony show at Stoneys?

Not that I know of. I don't remember a membership meeting this last February. See below:

5.1.1 Annual Meeting: The Coalition shall hold one annual general membership meeting for the election of
officers, amendment of Bylaws, and the transaction of such other business as may properly come
before the Coalition. Such meeting shall commence on the third Saturday of each February, or such
other date as shall be determined by the Board.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

This Infringement on employers is a "cop out" for a couple of reasons:

We will not support "anti gun" establishments, with our money, but it is OK to provide them profit from our labor?

The other side is this, be carful of what you ask for... anything someone gives you, they can now take away. My point is, we are governed by our own consent, So if we all agree that the Govt. should dictate when and where guns should / could be allowed on private property. Once established, will work against you as the government will just as easily given this new power, decide that you are a criminal for Something that was normal and lawful yesterday.

Quick easy fixes usually go bad, in this instance the NRA / NVFAC are looking to the Government for a solution, when the true solution needs to come from the people.

If you stay away from Henderson Winco for example because of the rogue managers stance, depriving them $600.00 per month in sales, but you are ok working for an anti (since he is now forced to allow you to lock your gun in your car) and the anti-gun company makes $15,000.00 per month from your labor, are you really taking a stand? or are you doing what is comfortable?

Last edited:

The Big Guy

This Infringement on employers is a "cop out" for a couple of reasons:

We will not support "anti gun" establishments, with our money, but it is OK to provide them profit from our labor?

The other side is this, be carful of what you ask for... anything someone gives you, they can now take away. My point is, we are governed by our own consent, So if we all agree that the Govt. should dictate when and where guns should / could be allowed on private property. Once established, will work against you as the government will just as easily given this new power, decide that you are a criminal for Something that was normal and lawful yesterday.

Quick easy fixes usually go bad, in this instance the NRA / NVFAC are looking to the Government for a solution, when the true solution needs to come from the people.

If you stay away from Henderson Winco for example because of the rogue managers stance, depriving them $600.00 per month in sales, but you are ok working for an anti (since he is now forced to allow you to lock your gun in your car) and the anti-gun company makes $15,000.00 per month from your labor, are you really taking a stand? or are you doing what is comfortable?

I have stated before that I don't believe that a publically held company has the right to deny you your rights. There is a major difference between publically held and mom/pop shops. A publically held company who is open to the general public should not have the right to ban me from possessing my right to self-defense. What if I am a stock holder? By allowing a company to ban you from keeping a firearm in your private vehicle they are denying you the right to protect yourself going to and from work. In the example I gave, Wally World, the parking lot is not theirs normally but a lot shared by many businesses who are open to public parking. What if they have a no smoking policy and they deny you keeping a carton in your car? They have a policy of no booze on the job, can they stop you from having a 6 pack in the trunk? They won't let you have your Bible on the job to read at break and they extend that to not allowed to have it in your car? You can't have a political button on your shirt on the job and by extension not in your vehicle either? Where does it end?

I would not work for a business that denied me my right to self-protection, the same as I would not shop there.

TBG

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Hi there folks, thank you very much for your kind words and support. The NVFAC has the potential to do good, and it is my opinion that they still deserve our support, but with a guiding hand. Working together is key to improving gun rights, and when we disagree, the only ones we hurt are ourselves. I wanted to provide some additional clarifying details on my response.

There are/were some rights so fundamental that even when the framers wrote the Bill of Rights, it never occurred to them that they should have to enumerate them. The freedom to travel is one of those unenumerated rights, as are the rights of private property ownership. If one right can "override" another right, then there is really no such thing as a right to begin with.

I found it curious that parking lot carry is a higher priority for this session than constitutional carry or campus carry. Today, the worst that can happen to a person who ignores the rules of his employer and leaves a gun in his parked car is that he is fired in the highly unlikely case that his gun is found. On the other hand, carrying a firearm without a government permission slip, or onto a college campus, and you face YEARS of imprisonment! I find the latter to be a far greater cause for alarm to law-abiding gun owners and therefore a much higher priority.

In addition to the above reasons, given the fact that NV is an at-will work state, you can be fired for any reason. Regardless of what the law says, if that same hidden gun is found out, the owner could fire you for smelling bad, coming in late, "poor" work performance, or for any other reason, or no reason at all. This is just feel-good legislation that in reality does very little to actually improve the rights of gun owners.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure that having a gun in a parked car is even definable as self-defense. By definition, self-defense is the use of force to protect oneself from immediate risk of bodily harm. If a situation occurs where a person is able to retreat to the safety of his vehicle, the prudent course of action is to flee the vicinity, not to grab a gun and run back into a chaotic situation where others (including police or other armed citizens) do not know whether you are the shooter or one of the good guys.

Tim

The Big Guy

Hi there folks, thank you very much for your kind words and support. The NVFAC has the potential to do good, and it is my opinion that they still deserve our support, but with a guiding hand. Working together is key to improving gun rights, and when we disagree, the only ones we hurt are ourselves. I wanted to provide some additional clarifying details on my response.

There are/were some rights so fundamental that even when the framers wrote the Bill of Rights, it never occurred to them that they should have to enumerate them. The freedom to travel is one of those unenumerated rights, as are the rights of private property ownership. If one right can "override" another right, then there is really no such thing as a right to begin with.

I found it curious that parking lot carry is a higher priority for this session than constitutional carry or campus carry. Today, the worst that can happen to a person who ignores the rules of his employer and leaves a gun in his parked car is that he is fired in the highly unlikely case that his gun is found. On the other hand, carrying a firearm without a government permission slip, or onto a college campus, and you face YEARS of imprisonment! I find the latter to be a far greater cause for alarm to law-abiding gun owners and therefore a much higher priority.

In addition to the above reasons, given the fact that NV is an at-will work state, you can be fired for any reason. Regardless of what the law says, if that same hidden gun is found out, the owner could fire you for smelling bad, coming in late, "poor" work performance, or for any other reason, or no reason at all. This is just feel-good legislation that in reality does very little to actually improve the rights of gun owners.

Lastly, I'm not quite sure that having a gun in a parked car is even definable as self-defense. By definition, self-defense is the use of force to protect oneself from immediate risk of bodily harm. If a situation occurs where a person is able to retreat to the safety of his vehicle, the prudent course of action is to flee the vicinity, not to grab a gun and run back into a chaotic situation where others (including police or other armed citizens) do not know whether you are the shooter or one of the good guys.

Tim

I 100% agree about priorities.

If a person has a firearm in his vehicle and keeps their mouth shut, there should not be a problem. The only problem would be when as I understand it, in OK where this was all started, there was an employer who demanded to search the vehicles. The search revealed firearms and employees were terminated. Here in lies the rub. If I'm on my way home from work, stop by to buy some gas or groceries or whatever, I have been denied my right to self-defense.

Statements have been made about one right trumping the other, but yes it does. Personal rights trump Corporate rights each and every time in my opinion. This is the very reason that we have a republic rather than a democracy. The majority (the corporation), cannot trump the rights of the individual. Hence again I state that there is a real difference between a corporate property and that of an individual.

I would not however bash someone as being anti because of this issue alone. We are all the sum of our beliefs and actions.

TBG

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
It seems their priorities are screwed up with the grading. Campus carry and constitutional carry are by far the most important issues.

I'd rather have a gun on my person than in my car in the parking lot. Liability for gun free zones sounds like a good approach to me, and would also be less likely to create issues with property rights.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

It seems their priorities are screwed up with the grading. Campus carry and constitutional carry are by far the most important issues.

I'd rather have a gun on my person than in my car in the parking lot. Liability for gun free zones sounds like a good approach to me, and would also be less likely to create issues with property rights.

Lets also not forget truly making all gun laws uniform within the state of NV. Clarifying and strengthening pre-emption, constitutional carry and campus carry have got to be the top three.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I want full disclosure, I am helping Tim on his campaign, You can to if you like, just PM me that is the reason I am posting some of these letters with the NVFAC, I also have my own personal thoughts I will try to keep them seperate.

Thought # 1 Does anyone on here know of anyone who has been "punished" by their employer for having their firearm locked in their trunk, in a parking lot that is publicly accessible?

In the letter the NVFAC rep quoted that the constitution does not "stop at property lines" I am unsure exactly what was ment by that, but the constitution is clear that it is establishing constraints for Government, not private citizens whether or not their business is open to the public. If not the Westboro baptist Church could come to your place of business and excercise their freedom of speech/expression all they want. With the NVFAC NRA style law, your remedy which is private property, would be diminished or taken away. Private property rights create an important balance.

If you have a right as we say we do, than no law can infringe. if a law can indeed infringe, then it is no right. Concealed carry is a Law, that is only used against us. Try concealing in your own home, and you have broken the law. More laws = more criminals you and I are next.
P.S. if I did not post the letter I mentioned, let me know, This night shift is tough on the memory.

Frantic84

Thought # 1 Does anyone on here know of anyone who has been "punished" by their employer for having their firearm locked in their trunk, in a parking lot that is publicly accessible?

I don't know of anyone punished by first hand knowledge, but the company I work for is very specific about it being an "immediate termination act" I have specifically asked my company security division about this, his personal view is different but he must go by company policy.