• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Applied for a CPL and bought my gun.

Gren

So yeah I just got back from doing that. The gun is a CZ 75 SP-01 and I bought it from Mary's pistols, and it'll be here Tuesdayish. Anyways I've been lurking here for years now and have learned a lot from everyone on here so yeah thanks everyone. Oh and I'll post some pictures up of me and the gun when I get it.

P.s. The reason that I just bought the gun today is because I just turned 21, or of course I would have bought it sooner >_>.

Last edited:

amlevin

So yeah I just got back from doing that. The gun is a CZ 75 SP-01 and I bought it from Mary's pistols, and it'll be here Tuesdayish. Anyways I've been lurking here for years now and have learned a lot from everyone on here so yeah thanks everyone. Oh and I'll post some pictures up of me and the gun when I get it.

Welcome and by the way, nice choice of firearms. I own one of its "cousins". It's nice to have a firearm that holds 20 in stock configuration. Holsters are a little hard to come by but Blade-Tech makes a good one.

Gren

Welcome and by the way, nice choice of firearms. I own one of its "cousins". It's nice to have a firearm that holds 20 in stock configuration. Holsters are a little hard to come by but Blade-Tech makes a good one.

Yeah those seem to be the only quality kydex holsters out there for it so I'm probably gonna end up with one heh.

irish52084

Nice choice in pistol, I bought my sp=01 from mary's pistols about a year ago. It's a fantastic pistol, but holster are kind of hit and miss. If you want something like a serpa cqc, I've been told that the sig 229R holster, the one with the rail, works for the sp-01. I'm borrowing the 229r holster this weekend from a buddy to see if it does work properly.
Which sp-01 did you buy, decocker or manual safety? If you want a good site for cz stuff, check out czforum.com

Gren

Nice choice in pistol, I bought my sp=01 from mary's pistols about a year ago. It's a fantastic pistol, but holster are kind of hit and miss. If you want something like a serpa cqc, I've been told that the sig 229R holster, the one with the rail, works for the sp-01. I'm borrowing the 229r holster this weekend from a buddy to see if it does work properly.
Which sp-01 did you buy, decocker or manual safety? If you want a good site for cz stuff, check out czforum.com

Yeah I've heard of a few different serpa's that would fit, the only problem with that is I don't really know of anywhere around here that carry's them. And I bought the standard manual safety version. I've been to czforum and its pretty nice it just seems to move a bit slow most of the time, not enough people posting ya know. That's one of the reasons I like opencarry so much is because of its activity. Anyways I'd really appreciate it if you'd post back here after you get done testing out that serpa holster, that could be really useful for me.

Batousaii

CZ75 is awesome

Welcome,
- I have a CZ-75B i bought close to 20 years ago, absolutely love it. I would however recommend looking into wolf springs. Original CZ springs are notorious for being less than consistent run to run, so good aftermarket springs are a common swap. Mine ran fine for many years, and the recent swap (well last year anyways) made a good gun even better. It really improved the feel and controllability of rapid shots.
- I'd trust my life to my CZ as much as I trust my life to my Colt 1911... 100%

Gratz on a fine arm.

Bat

amlevin

Welcome,
- I have a CZ-75B i bought close to 20 years ago, absolutely love it. I would however recommend looking into wolf springs. Original CZ springs are notorious for being less than consistent run to run, so good aftermarket springs are a common swap. Mine ran fine for many years, and the recent swap (well last year anyways) made a good gun even better. It really improved the feel and controllability of rapid shots.
- I'd trust my life to my CZ as much as I trust my life to my Colt 1911... 100%

Gratz on a fine arm.

Bat

+1 on the springs. That "flat" spring is a little foreign to me but seems to work ok. I don't care for the plastic guide rod in the SP=01 either and will be replacing it with a stainless when I get around to ordering it from the CZ Custom Shop.

Gren

Thanks for the info on the recoil spring, I'll take a look some at wolf springs then. As for the SS guide rod, actually that was gonna be my first mod, I just don't trust the plastic one in it. Not that I've heard anyone say it broke on them.

Last edited:

amlevin

Thanks for the info on the recoil spring, I'll take a look some at wolf springs then. As for the SS guide rod, actually that was gonna be my first mod, I just don't trust the plastic one in it. Not that I've heard anyone say it broke on them.

The only time they break is when the gun is used in competition and shoots hundreds of rounds per day for days on end. Other than that, as "stout" as the rest of the pistol is, that wimpy plastic rod looks like a fugitive from a "nerf gun". Do yourself a favor though and just buy the stainless rod made for it. All the issues are worked out and you won't have to find out the hard way.