• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mrs sutterfield and the 2nd ammendment

southside

Campaign Veteran
if anybody has read the paper of watched the news.........you must have heard the news of mrs krista sutterfield and her open carry in church and arrest for a loaded weapon in her car following.............................here is a prime example of someone EXPRESSING HER SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS quote unquote that should not own a gun................i am a ccw instructor, and her comment about her rights made us all look like uneducated idiots ................people if you are going to carry, fine ..........but know the laws and get trained..............if you need to use a gun in a real life situation you won't be shooting at paper targets............she apparently doesn't know you can't have a loaded gun in a car in the land of jim doyle...................................mrs sutterfield if you're reading this ...........you aren't doing our cause any favors..................and sell the gun

AdamXD

Oh boy. I'm not going to bother.

Request that this be deleted because it will be a flame thread.

To sum up what others will say. Don't make accusations unless you know ALL the facts. The media doesn't have ALL the facts, just as we do. Yes, the news says it was loaded, but they also say a glock is an AUTOMATIC weapon. Unless MKEGal carries a Glock18, which are extremely hard to come by, they are LYING! The news uses terms like 9mm, loaded, church and gun all over these articles to trick you into believing that what happened here is a horrible event that must be handled in the strictest of manners.

Last edited:

johnny amish

Southside whats your problem? The last time I looked we were innocent until proven guilty in this country. Why don't you wait to see if there is a conviction in this case before you build the gallows?

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

if anybody has read the paper of watched the news.........you must have heard the news of mrs krista sutterfield and her open carry in church and arrest for a loaded weapon in her car following.............................here is a prime example of someone EXPRESSING HER SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS quote unquote that should not own a gun................i am a ccw instructor, and her comment about her rights made us all look like uneducated idiots ................people if you are going to carry, fine ..........but know the laws and get trained..............if you need to use a gun in a real life situation you won't be shooting at paper targets............she apparently doesn't know you can't have a loaded gun in a car in the land of jim doyle...................................mrs sutterfield if you're reading this ...........you aren't doing our cause any favors..................and sell the gun

Please just delete your own post as this thread will quickly go down hill. Your post sounds like it is coming from a gun-grabber and not someone "on our side".. Your negative feedback is not constructive and is simply not welcome in the manner you have presented it. What do you have against the 2nd Amendment and of someone acknowledging it publicly? The City of Chicago just got a virtual smack down over their violating them. The general public is ignorant about not only their 2A rights but the WI Constitution and its affirming the Right To Bear Arms for ANY LAWFUL PURPOSE.. If there were no ignorance, we would not have to deal with individuals calling the police for no good reason as in the case at hand at the UU church.
If you had done even a cursory search of the forum, you will see that we have been discussing this incident for days. Crap happens. She left a round in the chamber... BFD.. Absolutely none of the basic/essential safety rules were violated by placing a loaded firearm in a car. None. 167 is not even a criminal statute. It is akin to a traffic ticket with no points assigned. It is a glorified DNR regulation. In teh land of Jim Doyle, no training is required to exercise our basic right to self defense by bearing arms which is affirmed by both our WI State Constitution and the US Constitution.

Last edited:
M

McX

ditto to the third power with johnny, and interceptor. checkmate, you have lost in 3 moves.

Mlutz

Question

What does "i am a ccw instructor" have to do with anything? You clearly understand that concealment is NOT AN OPTION IN WISCONSIN. I would also imagine that you would like all of us who would "like" to carry to seek you out for the "training". Is that correct? Wonder why you would want that...

johnny amish

What does "i am a ccw instructor" have to do with anything? You clearly understand that concealment is NOT AN OPTION IN WISCONSIN. I would also imagine that you would like all of us who would "like" to carry to seek you out for the "training". Is that correct? Wonder why you would want that...

Obviously father southside with his sermon feels that "i am a ccw instructor" makes him smarter, more trained and better equiped than us lay people.

Mlutz

Obviously father southside with his sermon feels that "i am a ccw instructor" makes him smarter, more trained and better equiped than us lay people.

That is kinda how I am leaning, but I thought I would ask anyway...

MKEgal

wait 'til you know facts

> mrs krista sutterfield
A) I'm not married
B) you've misspelled my name
C) capitals & punctuation, Grasshopper

> her comment about her rights made us all look like uneducated idiots
So you're not familiar with the concept of being misquoted, deliberately or otherwise, by people with an agenda (the people at the church, the police, the media, take your pick)?

I wonder how many other 'mistakes' are in the police report that all the media seem to be quoting from?
I haven't seen it yet 'cause they haven't released it to my attorney. Odd that they'll give it to the press right quick, though...

M

McX

we are people from many different backgrounds, ideas, experiences, attitudes, and races. we seek to be better than many around us, we seek perfection of thought, word, and deed. we are known for and bound by our word. we are united, and allied. when one suffers we all feel it, when one needs we all need, when one triumphs we all triumph. we learn, we share, we practice, we advise. we forgive, and seek the same from others, we strive, and seek the same from others, we hold to high standards of conduct, and seek the same from others. we seek each other out, and find ourselves here, as we are in a place of people of like mind, like idea, like goal. we dont demean, nor chastize, nor cast out. we are brothers and sisters, friends, and comrades, we are open carriers. perhapse above all else we should remember who and what we are, and conduct ourselves, and show the world we are as such. let there be an end to the fighting, the hate, the division. this is our only sanctuary, we must not let it be torn asunder.

J.Gleason

Banned
Out of the mouths of CCW Instructors come two things, sales pitches and BS. Everyone here just consider the source and let this thread die. It is nothing more than a load of crap spewed as usual by one of those, "we need to have mandated training," Bull 5hit CCW instructors.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Southside... You are right... EVERYONE should follow the law. Had the police followed the law, Ms. Sutterfield would never have had to deal with what she has.

Hey, if YOU want to be a stickler for the law fine. But if your attention to legal detail ONLY begins with the fact that Krysta forgot to unload her gun (something legal in most states) you have already cut the police a free pass to break the law MANY times over before they ever discovered her forgetfulness.

If ANYONE should be abiding by the law, it should be the police. IF THEY had operated within the law, we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

So before you go bashing a law-abiding citizen that but for Wisconsin's unconstitutional laws was doing something we all have a human right to do, why don't you use your keyboard skills and write a letter to the Brookfield police department and direct your self-righteous judgements at men who swear an OATH to uphold the law to LEARN THE LAW and refrain from violating citizens 4th amendment rights in the course of their job.

hardballer

Out of the mouths of CCW Instructors come two things, sales pitches and BS. Everyone here just consider the source and let this thread die. It is nothing more than a load of crap spewed as usual by one of those, "we need to have mandated training," Bull 5hit CCW instructors.

Southside... You are right... EVERYONE should follow the law. Had the police followed the law, Ms. Sutterfield would never have had to deal with what she has.

Hey, if YOU want to be a stickler for the law fine. But if your attention to legal detail ONLY begins with the fact that Krysta forgot to unload her gun (something legal in most states) you have already cut the police a free pass to break the law MANY times over before they ever discovered her forgetfulness.

If ANYONE should be abiding by the law, it should be the police. IF THEY had operated within the law, we wouldn't be having this conversation today.

So before you go bashing a law-abiding citizen that but for Wisconsin's unconstitutional laws was doing something we all have a human right to do, why don't you use your keyboard skills and write a letter to the Brookfield police department and direct your self-righteous judgements at men who swear an OATH to uphold the law to LEARN THE LAW and refrain from violating citizens 4th amendment rights in the course of their job.

Please save the personal attacks and flaming at the door. Not one word of your comment was helpful. Further, anyone who would trust your training, would be putting their life in danger. Who could trust you if you are willing to treat a sister with such venom.

Good luck to ya.
Hardballer out.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Can't we all just get along?" Leave that thoughtlessness for Rodney King and his ilk. Phuk snake oil marketeers.