• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart partners with DHS

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
One more reason I refuse to shop at Walmart. As you may recall, I was asked to leave for OC, and corporate backed them on this. They also are the ONLY retailer who has partnered with the group "Mayors against Illegal Guns", and now they feel the need to serve as informants to the Feds. But, I am sure the majority of gun-owners will continue to shop at Walmart, thereby continuing to prostitute themselves to save a few bucks.

NHCGRPR45

scot623

Walmart will also be installing Wine Vending Machines that will require customers to swipe their driver’s license and even give a breathalyzer test before they can choose between more than 50 varieties of wine.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2010/12/07/walmart-interested-in-wine-vending-machines/

"Jeff Merritt from Mount Washington had another concern: “At Walmart – guns and wine – maybe not the best things to have at Walmart.”"

Because people will go on a Chardonay or Reisling fueled shooting spree....morons.

Why not say "Fix-a-Flat and wine, or car starting fluid and beer! People will be starting their cars while pounding the 12 pack they just bought!" Actually, that's a millions times more likely to actually happen....it's just that no one complains about it. But guns and wine, whoa boy, call the news!

Last edited:

malignity

I'm not worried.

I'm completely within the law carrying my pistol virtually anywhere in public, and that includes Wal-Mart.

I OC in Wal-Mart probably at least once to three times a week, depending on how forgetful I am, causing me the need to return. I've never once had an issue, and don't plan on having one in the future. What are they going to do? Report me to homeland security for being within the law? I'm shaking in my booties.

Coded-Dude

until you go to fly commercially and find your name on a list due to a unspecified number of reports of suspicious activity by your fellow patrons. i'm just say'n...this could be bad.

lil_freak_66

until you go to fly commercially and find your name on a list due to a unspecified number of reports of suspicious activity by your fellow patrons. i'm just say'n...this could be bad.

why fly? bus or train is much better imo,no searches and body scans to go through!

Coded-Dude

why fly? bus or train is much better imo,no searches and body scans to go through!

and you presume that DHS is not already working to add these methods of "safety" to every form of public transportation? I can see these things happening on city buses if things continue the way they are.

"here's my bus fare mr bus driver...feel free to grope me now"

scot623

The way I see, the DHS just found a great way to get around the whole "government profiling issue". It's assumed more people walk through Walmart on a given day than most other business'. By DHS telling millions of citizens to report suspicious activity, it's not their fault if millions of people are calling on the guys with beards and funny accents. what do LEO's always say? "If someone calls us, we HAVE to check it out!" So they're essentially blaming the other citizens for calling.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
One more reason I refuse to shop at Walmart. As you may recall, I was asked to leave for OC, and corporate backed them on this. They also are the ONLY retailer who has partnered with the group "Mayors against Illegal Guns", and now they feel the need to serve as informants to the Feds. But, I am sure the majority of gun-owners will continue to shop at Walmart, thereby continuing to prostitute themselves to save a few bucks.

DAMN RIGHT DOC! Walmart = BS! +1 GAZILLION

P.S.- is it really saving a few bucks when doing so supports many of those who will attempt to take away or make owning your guns so restrictive that your guns become useless?

Outdoorsman

What type(s) of suspicious activity do they expect people to see at Wal-Mart, other than shoplifting and poor hygiene? I can't imagine what types of terrorist activity would be happening between the pets and hardware departments.

scot623

I suspect after DHS call centers are overwhelmed with millions of calls about a bunch of Wilburs buying fertilizer and motor oil(ps. that doesn't make a bomb) they'll suspend this program.

TheQ

What scot said. Some people have jobs. These jobs only give a certain amount of time off. I'd rather spend my time where I'm going to than be in transit.

Though given the option of the body scanner or pat down, I think I'd rake the body scanner. The TSA has definitely caused me to rethink car or plane for many trips though!