• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry @DMV on Eisenhower Ave, Alexandria

Zenreal

So I walked in got my customer number and sat down. Security guard came and tapped me from behind. He said "hey sir I know you have rights to carry just don't touch your handgun or make any flaunting gestures. But I'm sure you already understand. What are you carrying?" Told him I carrying a G22 Gen4. He started mentioning how he likes his G19 and all. But all in all I'm impressed with his professionalism and knowledge of our rights.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mastiff69

I guess it could have been worse, he could have told you not to be touching your droid !
The best case should have been, he just left you alone ,
or when you came in he said "hello" or good day and that should have been enough, and or included nice equipment !
I never come up behind anyone to talk to them thats just rude, unless i am trying to have an advantage on them !

Zenreal

Personally, it seemed like he was bored and wanted to start a conversation. Before I left we talked for about 30 minutes about guns.

SIGguy229

The real sad point is, he was probably too focused on you vs the riff raff that frequents the DMV. Seriously, was it necessary for him to say anything? Does he remind people when they leave to buckle up and not drink and drive?

curtiswr

I probably would've told him not to worry about law abiding citizens and singling them out but rather do his job and focus on the full picture.

Or told him to shut up/ignored him. :uhoh:

Last edited:

wylde007

Indeed the most useless "security" services are those who latch on to law-abiding citizens and concentrate attention towards them instead of potential REAL threats.

Same applies to taxpayer subsidized law "enforcement".

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
So I walked in got my customer number and sat down. Security guard came and tapped me from behind. He said "hey sir I know you have rights to carry just don't touch your handgun or make any flaunting gestures. But I'm sure you already understand. What are you carrying?" Told him I carrying a G22 Gen4. He started mentioning how he likes his G19 and all. But all in all I'm impressed with his professionalism and knowledge of our rights.

Sounds to me like you did just fine, friend. And welcome aboard... we're pleased to have you with us.

IanB

"hey sir I know you have rights to carry just don't touch your handgun or make any flaunting gestures."

It's not ME you have to worry about you Jackhole. And what if someone DID touch their handgun, like perhaps it was positioned improperly and digging into their side and they "re-arranged" things to be more comfy.... What are YOU gonna do about it? Even though the conversation went "OK" this sounds like a mall cop pimping his "authoritah".

PeteXD

Having worked for the company that employs the VA DMV Armed Guards, I'm quite surprised at what seems to be at least a little professionalism.

You see, back when I worked for them (New Horizon Security Services), the riff raff were the guards themselves. It was a crappy company with crappy management and employees. I used them to get my security certifications and got the hell out. I was their best guard for a good three months though.

Now I've moved on to a different crappy security company but at least the money is good. But that's a different story.

Side note: apparently I was wrong, but I thought that the DMV was a GFZ. Learn something new every day.

Pete

mobeewan

I would have been tempted to just stared at him until he walked over to another area, then made eye contact with him and scratched my stomach, then my knee, then scratched my ass alternately while repeating "I'm not not touching it, I'm not touching it" like the kid in the back of a car going down the road "not touching" his sister while almost toughing her after she compliand to her mom that he was touching her.

Last edited:

Don Barnett

He was BORED!

He was BORED out of his mind and wanted someone to talk to.

I couldn't imagine a more boring job!