• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ok, I'm here, what happens now?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP @Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.

I had a buddy whose Blackhawk we used to shoot. Forty-four, I vaguely recall, but can't be sure. Lotsa a fun, though.

I've been thinking of maybe getting a GP100. I like the idea of double-action if I might carry it for self-defense.

I agree about tupperware. Plastic is for storing food. Gimme something solid for a gun. :)

(full disclosure: I'm not really all that opposed to plastic-framed guns. I understand Glocks are great. They just don't fit my hand, so I passed them over. And, I don't care much for the triggers on other plastic guns.)

09jisaac

I agree about tupperware. Plastic is for storing food. Gimme something solid for a gun. :)

(full disclosure: I'm not really all that opposed to plastic-framed guns. I understand Glocks are great. They just don't fit my hand, so I passed them over. And, I don't care much for the triggers on other plastic guns.)

Smith's M&P isn't a bad plastic gun either. I would rather have that over a glock and a glock over a ruger any day.... But thats just my opinion.

1245A Defender

well,,,

"how much do you know about texas law?
how long have you been open carrying in texas?

did you know that it is unlawful to open carry in texas?"

So THAT'S what all the strange looks are about at the Sizzler. :lol:

Yea, I know. that's why I live up in CO now, Open Carry in Texas = I see dead people. Perry thinks he can start Texamerica down there without water. Irresponsible. Yeah, I now a lot about Texas Law, it's why I moved. So is "location" where you are right now, and not where you're from?

Been open carrying since I got out of the Academy, including a SAW and a TOW gun back when, but nowadays it's just the Redhawk. Boot size 13, and I dress left.

@Citizen: Been thinking about picking up a Blackhawk in a little bit. Damn fine weapon. lotsa folks always talk about them being too clunky, but I meself like them better then them plastic autos they got now. Rugers feel real natural. People don't mess.

"Would be interested in who you know in Lubbock. I have couple of friends down that way one of them an active LEO. "

I know my Uncle Bill, who's about 87, and Jerry and Mike. Sorry to be a wiseass, but I'm a Gemini. I suppose by LEO, you mean a cop or a ranger or something? Do you guys interrogate every new poster like this, and roundabout imply calling the cops on them, or am I not getting you right? Who do you know? America's only got 300 million people in it...

Just used to people being jumpy about guns, I reckon.

lots to wonder and question about your posts and responses...
its always reasonable to measure and gauge your tales based on your claimed Location...
full disclosure would have cleared up any confusion about your situation.
glad to hear you dress left, but , does that mean youre a liberal?
and you have big feet, Wow,,, always try to keep that foot out of your mouth!

i was honestly concerned that you may ignorantly have been breaking the carry law
of texas, and i wanted to warn you before it could bite you in the ass.

i am an old man, sitting in my easy chair. i really cant compete in a ******* contest,
so i will defer to the younger and stronger, but i will try to give good counsel and advice.

Super Redhawk

Keep on wonderin then.

tales? claimed location? full disclosure? liberal? foot in my mouth? ignorantly?

Right neighborly of you. And here I haven't even looked at where you live or anything yet*. I'm getting old myself, but somewhere along the way, (Think it was push-up #258) I learned about being polite, and minding my own business. That's some solid counsel and advice. Why, what's your "situation"? Mine's being too old to drive tanks and go fight in wars anymore, so now I'm here talking to you on the internet.

by the way, open carry may be illegal in Texas, but it never was on my part of it. "LEOs" never had trouble with that, and it never came up. Lest there was a break in or something, and even then it was no trouble to handle that, cept for the druggie breaking in.

* Don't plan to. Gotta go to the range.

KansasMustang

You invite us all over for beer and some range time with your Rugers, of course. :)

Welcome to the forum!!

Actually, just read and enjoy. And learn. Feel free to pass along any wisdom you've aquired over the years.

And, be especially respectful of anybody with a 10K post count. Just accept what they say without question. :)

Ha ha ha you funny!!! The 10K post count just means you have way too much time on your hands !! Just funnin ya. But seriously Super Redhawk welcome aboard. We all are advocates of the 2nd Amendment right to Keep and Bear arms and the rest of the Constitution.

Fabricator

Welcome as well Super Redhawk!

My daily carry is a toss-up between a 4" Security-Six (.357), and a Titanium Taurus .38 special. For really active days, or times the dirt will be flying, I carry the Taurus, but for less strenuous days, its the "old six". As a reloader, I loathe picking up brass, and I have always liked wheel guns. I am still fairly new here however; I will say that this site is one of the best ways to further the 2nd amendment rights that have been allowed to erode. These are great folks, and if you get to know them, you may find, as I have, that candid/short responses are sometimes just a quick answer from a busy person. I don't interpret anything on an internet forum as rude, unless it is a personal attack, or is pattern behavior from someone with a history of inflammatory remarks. The latter; thankfully, is rare, and is easily verified by clicking on the user name, and reading other posts by the "suspected" miscreant. Welcome again!

Fabricator

1245A Defender

well,,,

New to site. Ain't much of a joiner to stuff, aside from wars and ****. What happens now? :question:

i would suggest up dating your location to show that you are in colorado.
i would suggest reposting your introduction in the colorado forum, and saying Hi to your statesmen.

this is a great place to learn about all our rights, especially our 2A,
and great people too, ive got many new friends now, most ive never met, nor ever will.

i hope you will stay around and read and learn,
i hope you will make some new friends.

sudden valley gunner

Welcome aboard, hook up with some OC'ers in your neighborhood if they are anything like the onces here in WA we are always looking for an excuse to go hang out.

You did ask "What happens now?" in your title. :lol: So if your gonna stick around OCDO you'll find a thick skin will serve you well.

since9

Campaign Veteran
glad to hear you dress left, but , does that mean youre a liberal?

I'm pretty sure it means he's tall, which would be commensurate with his shoe size.

Welcome aboard, Redhawk! That was my favorite firearm to carry while backpacking and camping in grizzly country.

And yes, location is usually where someone is, not where their from. However, it's your field, so use it as you see fit. Some folks simply put "U.S.A." Others get more creative, such as "at my desk."

Motofixxer

New to site. Ain't much of a joiner to stuff, aside from wars and ****. What happens now? :question:

Now what, is up to you. Wanna just chat, read up on firearm news, or just converse? You can do all of that and more. Wanna meet up with people, you can do that too. If you wanna educate yourself on related legal issues feel free to click on the link in my sig. You can find all kinds of fascinating stuff to watch and read.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well, at least he doesn't try to trick others into paying for an entire picnic or all the tabs at a restaurant for an OC gathering. :p:)

Have you received the credit card bill for the last meeting yet?
Everyone said how generous it was of you, especially since you weren't able to attend.

BTW - I really appreciated the case of scotch too. :lol:..:lol: