• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Santa-Cali-Gon Days - Independence MO this weekend

opencarryeveryday

Anyone going to Santa-Cali-Gon Days this weekend? Wife is dragging me and the kids with her. Independence is my old stomping grounds from my teenage years and at least they allow OC so it shouldn't be that awful. However, the thought of walking craft tents in 90-100 degree heat does not sound appealing.

Last edited:

Ballistic Penguin

Just so you know. I'm pretty sure they had huge no firearms signs up last year. I'm not sure if they can privatize public streets but i know they are at least posted.

ALOTAGLOCK

Well on the up side Sunday is still looking to be in the 70s. A will second the posted signage. They had em up last year. I will only assume the same will happen this year.

Ballistic Penguin

yup they are posted. not the regulation signs but posterboards with the IPD badge on them that actually says "No Open or Concealed firearms allowed for the safety of our attendees" the funny part is that the signs look like they had been modified with a sticker to reflect the Open carry part.

kcgunfan

I suspect I know the answer to this, but so what? You can put up posterboards with the IPD badge on them all day long. They do not carry the force of law, and the IPD does not get to make up their own laws. So, what can the IPD do? It's not one of the "not authorized" places for CCW, it's not illegal for anyone to OC in Independence, and as far as I know, it's held on public property (the streets and sidewalks of Independence.) Can you even be trespassed under these conditions?

yup they are posted. not the regulation signs but posterboards with the IPD badge on them that actually says "No Open or Concealed firearms allowed for the safety of our attendees" the funny part is that the signs look like they had been modified with a sticker to reflect the Open carry part.

Ballistic Penguin

I suspect I know the answer to this, but so what? You can put up posterboards with the IPD badge on them all day long. They do not carry the force of law, and the IPD does not get to make up their own laws. So, what can the IPD do? It's not one of the "not authorized" places for CCW, it's not illegal for anyone to OC in Independence, and as far as I know, it's held on public property (the streets and sidewalks of Independence.) Can you even be trespassed under these conditions?

I know i was just pointing out the irony of the fact that IPD doesn't know the regs either! lol