• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man w/gun stops knife attack

IxionDeece

Although it is really sad that people had to get hurt like that, I am truly glad that the man was there to do what he did. I am glad on more than just saving those peoples lives, but also for the public outlook on people that carry. Unfortunately...I do not think this will make national news...even tho it should. Ultimately tho...I thank god that man was there. I cant wait to move to Utah and hopefully get to meet more like minded folks.

Logan 5

Lots of good people here for sure. Good people, good cops, good politicians included.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The knife guy seems like he has a couple of screws loose. And the police? They were almost there? About 20 minutes away.

jpm84092

This story is an excellent example of the need for law abiding citizens to go armed for their own protection and the protection of others. While the armed citizen has not been identified (as far as I know), he showed remarkable poise and only met force on force as needed. KUDOs Citizen. The only thing that would make this story better (for me) would be to learn the armed citizen who intervened had been one of my students.

Gil223

Race card?

I don't recall "playing the race card"... other than mentioning the man doing the stabbing is Vietnamese, as was reported in the media. I didn't know that stating the country of a perpetrator's origin would be "playing the race card. How PC must we be to avoid being censored now? :confused:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't recall "playing the race card"... other than mentioning the man doing the stabbing is Vietnamese, as was reported in the media. I didn't know that stating the country of a perpetrator's origin would be "playing the race card. How PC must we be to avoid being censored now? :confused:

It is not about being PC - it is about posting responsibly and within the forum rules.

PM sent