• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Elementry School Shooting. Kids killed. Shooter dead.

Brion

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-12-14-12-21-31

There was an elementry school shooting in Newtown, Conn. I cannot imagine the pain those parents must be feeling right now. The shooter is dead and they have not reported if he took his own life or if it was police.

This is an absolute tragedy and I prey for the families.

Who knows what might come of this but I know it will not end well for gun owners here in America.

Once again, when people ask me why I carry, I have something els to say, "Because of Newtown."
How's that Gun Free School Zone Act working out for you?

This is just horrible, and makes me sick to my stomach.

Please respond with updates as they happen.

beebobby

WTF is going on in this country? The idea that more guns make us safer isn't going to fly with most Americans after these kinds of incidences. I don't know what I, as a gun owner/enthusiast, can do or say to persuade folks that guns don't kill people when 18 children die.

WalkingWolf

WTF is going on in this country? The idea that more guns make us safer isn't going to fly with most Americans after these kinds of incidences. I don't know what I, as a gun owner/enthusiast, can do or say to persuade folks that guns don't kill people when 18 children die.

Gun Free Safety Zone Act did it work?

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

It certainly doesn't make our argument any easier does it?

Well, you can point them towards this story (and others like it): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20723910

You don't need a gun to commit these mass attacks / killings.

WalkingWolf

carolina guy

why can't these idiots

just take themselves out in the privacy of their own homes??? or at least have the decency to go attack a police station if they have to attack anyone? They keep shooting themselves anyway...so what does it matter if the "victims" shoot back??:mad::banghead:

KWP

Watching BBC TV as I write.

They keep on repeating that the ease with which US citizens can access and carry guns and that Obama should do what he promised: make it more difficult for US citizens to keep and beat arms.

Actually, it appears that the shooter used a .22 caliber rifle. This kind of rifles is very easy to get hold of in almost any country in the world, including the UK.

rukahs

Its sickining that this has happened, what would make a person shoot some of his moms students.. prayers go out to all of the victims families. They say it started in the principals office and went from there. Thy also say he used an assault rifle, .223 sized ammo with multiple magazines. This is just pathetic that the shooter would take lives of so many innocents.

rpyne

Place the blame where it belongs, first, on the perpetrator, second, on the parents, staff, and lawmakers who passed, supported, or allowed the passage of the laws that prevented the parents and staff from being able to defend the lives of the children.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Just what is your argument? I already know what Beebobby's is, so is yours the same as his, a liberal/progressive on a second amendment site stirring the pot?

Sir,

I believe you misunderstood both our posts. Far be it for me to put words into beebobby's mouth, but what I think what he was trying to get at was this:

Every time a mass shooting occurs, we (the 2nd amendment supporters) get unfairly cast in a negative light by the media and are portrayed as the bad guys. I was merely stating that mass shootings like this don't make it any easier for us to make a *pro* argument for guns with someone that may be on the fence on the issue. For instance, I have a couple people in my office who were discussing the shooting event in Newtown this morning (we all live within 40 min. of where the shooting occurred). The two people in question, saw the news and immediately said "We really need further gun control to help stop things like these". They merely reacted with: Guns are bad. They need to be more well-regulated. I had to spend the next hour firmly explaining why that makes no sense. So all-in-all the event this morning made my argument more difficult against the ignorant. That is all. BTW, I have a Gen 3 G19 strapped on me right now. Liberal/progressive! Sheesh.... :)

Regards,

Kabukiman

rukahs

True. And now the president is gonna speak from the Brady briefing room. As in the Brady act.
Also it was a glock and a sig that was used in the shooting, the bushmaster was in the vehicle. Damn.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Gun Free Safety Zone Act did it work?

I've never understood the entire concept of the "Gun Free Zone". All it does it keep an armed good guy from entering the premises; someone that could potentially *stop* a murderer. The bad guy really doesn't care if it's a gun free zone or not. They are there to do as much damage as possible and probably suicide afterwards. I don't think they really care if there is a little sign with a gun and a red line through it...

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion

IT is the CRIMINAL ACT of an individual NOT the tool used to accomplish the act.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Michael Moore has said we need to honor these children with tougher gun control laws. WRONG!

We need to honor these children by repealing the FGFSZ! This law has killed numerous people! I believe it is obvious that words on paper (FGFSZ) and a sign on the door do NOT stop someone from killing innocent people! If someone has decided to MURDER, then violating a gun control law means absolutely NOTHING!

We need to contact our senators and representatives IMMEDIATELY and demand that the FGFSZ be repealed! This law turns our children and educators at K-12 schools into defenseless targets that can do nothing but cowar in fear as they are easily dispatched from this life by a lunatic bent on taking the lives of INNOCENT Human beings!

Where is the logic of anti-gunners when they call for more gun control? They are the ones that demanded the FGFSZ and they got what they asked for! They are the ones responsible for the murder of every man, woman and CHILD that has been killed since this law took effect!

I for one am TIRED of watching OUR children lose their lives over this foolish game of cat and mouse! Their arguments are based on biased lies and nothing more! Their agenda is killing people, and I am sick and tired and MAD AS HELL!

We have to stop allowing these people to get their way, because when they get their way they are killing people ex post facto! After these insidious laws are passed people die -- plain and simple!

They say the police will protect us!? WRONG! The police will NOT protect us and it is NOT their job to protect us! This insidious act today proves that police cannot protect us!

Just imagine if the principle or another educator had been in possession of a firearm! We would not have lost precious lives like we did! As soon as the man was spotted or the first shots were heard someone could have IMMEDIATELY been into action and in the process of dispatching this lunatic! Did this happen? NO! Our government does not believe law-abiding citizens should be allowed to carry in a K-12 school (even though we carry everywhere else without incident), and they would rather watch CHILDREN lose their lives than to allow someone the means to protect their self and those innocent, loving children!

Last edited:

Sundiver

I have three children, I can't begin to imagine what these parents are feeling, frankly I hope I never have to. That being said, mark my words someone will try to push a gun control bill through Congress named in honor of these kids. It will not bode well for 2A folks.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Just heard confirmation on number killed 20 students 6 adults the shooter and one off site.

Not your Typical mass shooter normally a lot of wounded not many here.

A sad sad day.

Expect the anti's to come out in full force.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I've never understood the entire concept of the "Gun Free Zone". All it does it keep an armed good guy from entering the premiss; someone that could potentially *stop* a murderer. The bad guy really doesn't care if it's a gun free zone or not. They are there to do as much damage as possible and probably suicide afterwards. I don't think they really care if there is a little sign with a gun and a red line through it...

GUN CONTROL have never been about crime control. It has allways been about people control.

Gun control never have and never will stop or control crime.

HankT

State Researcher
Lowest Common Denominator . . .

IT is the CRIMINAL ACT of an individual NOT the tool used to accomplish the act.

It is actually the system of a criminal actor and the tool [a gun, in this case] that actually accomplished the act. The gun alone cannot shoot 20 children and 6 adults to death. The criminal actor cannot shoot 26 humans without a gun.

Blame the gun only: wrong. Blame the actor only: wrong. It's the system which is to be assessed and understood. And acted upon.

I am so sorry for the parents of these little kids and for the others that were killed by some demented monster.

Last edited: