• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Youngstown OC event

MyWifeSaidYes

Yep!

Speaking of shotguns, if anyone wants to bring up the issue of open carrying with "other than a handgun", don't do it here. Such a discussion is not allowed on OCDO.

That type of discussion CAN take place at Ohio Open Carry (OhioOC.org) if anyone wants to bring it up.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Well...I own a Circuit Judge. It does .410 shotgun shells. Does that count?

Yep!

Speaking of shotguns, if anyone wants to bring up the issue of open carrying with "other than a handgun", don't do it here. Such a discussion is not allowed on OCDO.

That type of discussion CAN take place at Ohio Open Carry (OhioOC.org) if anyone wants to bring it up.

Eye'95 circuit judge is a PISTOL!!!

A Great big one!!!

eye95

It is our biggest seller. They go flyin' out the store.

But, at least, we can get them back in and sell some more, unlike ARs.

It is a rifle, a revolver, and a shotgun, all in one gun. On the 4473, we call it a rifle.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i thoght it was a pistol...
Would you please post a pic of it?

I love to see special shooting thingiegs!!!

The [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Taurus / Rossi [/FONT] "Circuit Judge" is a long gun and off topic here.

The Taurus "Judge" is a handgun.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
All it takes is a few hours of your time and a little effort. Anyone 12 years of age and older can volunteer.

but only if

Please bring the completed release of liability form with you to the kickoff event.
Children 12-17 years of age must have a release of liability form signed by a parent/guardian in order to participate.

Troy bilt

Just received an E-Mail from NEOopencarry. From what I gather there is a Youngstown walk scheduled for May the 4th at 12:00. I was told that they would let me know the meet up spot at a later time.

I don't do the Facebook so I'm hoping I hear something by E-Mail , or this thread.

I live in Norwalk and am laid off right now. Anyone coming through this way or close by I can hitch a ride with to save a few bucks?

Troy bilt

Here is an E-Mail I just received from NEOopencarry . Looks like the date has changed from the 4th to the 5th.

Hi everyone, I finally got around to putting together an email list, so for those of you who do not facebook, this will be how I get you all of our most current info. Here is what is new:

We just recently elected our official board that will turn this group into a functioning non profit organization. They are as follows:

President- Brett Pucillo
Vice President- Eric Pucillo
Secretary- Mike Potting
Treasurer- Jeremiah Frame

We have also completed open carry walks in Akron and Kent so far and have had positive experiences both times. We are looking to do our next major walk since the weather will finally be starting to break (hopefully!). We will be walking in downtown Youngstown on Sunday, May 5th from 12:00pm-2:00pm. We will meet at 1 west federal street, Youngstown, OH 44503. We will meet in front of the USA Parking System. We will be walking on Federal Street, Federal Plaza Central, Market Street, Wick Avenue, Wood Street, and more! Handguns only, no long guns. Open carry is welcome and encouraged. Disclaimer: While we would love to see as many people carrying as possible, please take it upon yourself to make sure that you are obeying all laws and procedures, that you can legally be in possession of a firearm, and that any interactions with law enforcement or the public are respectful and courteous. NEO Carry does not condone violence, disrespect, or anything that could be misconstrued as disorderly conduct. You are coming to this event as an individual and NEO Carry is not responsible and can not be held accountable for any action you commit, or any action taken against you legally or civilly. While we encourage you to flex your rights, please use your best discretion as to what to do and not do. What to Bring: Your firearm, a holster (open or concealed), a friend or friends! We will provide fliers to pass out. Hope to see everyone there!

Keep Calm & Carry

Brett Pucillo
Founder & President

NEOOpenCarry

NEO Carry does have a walk scheduled

Hi guys. Like the post before me says, we do have a walk scheduled for the 5th and would love to have everyone come out. A lot of people have been asking for Youngstown and I am very excited to finally get out there. I am all for (and im sure many in the organization would be as well) meeting in a park or somewhere after the walk for a picnic or bbq or something of that nature. Weather permitting, we would stay out there all day. I love the idea of the empty holsters into the courthouse. We also did see that the trash pickup event was scheduled for the beginning of April, which just isn't enough time for me to get it organized and get enough people out there, but Like I told Troy via email, we think it is a great idea and want to plan that for the future. We know Youngstown and Kent do those quite often and we would absolutely sign up and open carry while we do it. We also plan on looking into to renting booths at upcoming parades and festivals (ie Kent Fest in downtown Kent), granted if it would be legal. I know we are new and just starting to grow, but we have a lot planned for the future and hopefully we can all work together to get as much OC and second amendment support as possible. Hope to see everyone on the 5th of May.

-Brett

eye95

My main concern would be school zones. I don't have an Ohio CHL yet, and it would be a violation of federal law for me if the walk passed through one of the etherial GFSZ. I may have my CHL by the time of the walk, but I don't know. My class is on Saturday, and I will submit my application that week. But, only having lived in Ohio for about five months now, they will be doing a more extensive background check on me, and I don't know how long that will take.

Has the planning on this event taken into account school zones and the unlicensed?

Brian D.

I may have my CHL by the time of the walk, but I don't know. My class is on Saturday, and I will submit my application that week. But, only having lived in Ohio for about five months now, they will be doing a more extensive background check on me, and I don't know how long that will take.

Just an fyi: Your timing is less than optimal. As it happens, right now is almost nine years since so many of us received our initial Ohio CHL's, and we're going to cause more than normal backups in line when we all get our second renewal in the next couple of months.(Our original licenses were four year dealies, soon after that Ohio switched to five year issuance.)

Yes, I know you just recently moved to Ohio, it's not like you planned to hit the buffet line at Golden Corral two minutes after the early bird special started, to use a rather humorous analogy. Merely giving you a heads-up.

Last edited:

NEOOpenCarry

school zones

My main concern would be school zones. I don't have an Ohio CHL yet, and it would be a violation of federal law for me if the walk passed through one of the etherial GFSZ. I may have my CHL by the time of the walk, but I don't know. My class is on Saturday, and I will submit my application that week. But, only having lived in Ohio for about five months now, they will be doing a more extensive background check on me, and I don't know how long that will take.

Has the planning on this event taken into account school zones and the unlicensed?

We have definitely taken into consideration the schools in Youngstown. Our walk is planned in the business section of downtown. We will stop when we get to Wood St. to avoid any schools, and I have the outline of where the YSU Campus starts so we do not go into that. We will also not be going into any class-D establishment to eat since non-ccw people would not be able to join. If we go in anywhere, it will be somewhere where we all can go. Hope this helps.

zack991

Just an fyi: Your timing is less than optimal. As it happens, right now is almost nine years since so many of us received our initial Ohio CHL's, and we're going to cause more than normal backups in line when we all get our second renewal in the next couple of months.(Our original licenses were four year dealies, soon after that Ohio switched to five year issuance.)

Yes, I know you just recently moved to Ohio, it's not like you planned to hit the buffet line at Golden Corral two minutes after the early bird special started, to use a rather humorous analogy. Merely giving you a heads-up.

Thanks for reminding me, I need to take time off of work to get it done in Trumbull country. I refuse to go to Mahoning county even though it is much closer. The jackass sheriff in charge there takes the full 45 days.

NEOOpenCarry

school zones

I don't mean to be overly careful, but you are saying that we will remain more than 1000' from any schools?

Yes I pulled up a map of all the schools in the downtown area and as long as we do not go all the way to Wood St. we will be fine. There are none on our direct path.