• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another no-knock warrant served....

Logan 5

...or is it? But this time it's at YOUR home.

It's your family, that you have now, your home, as you have now, essentially it's you, NOW.

It's 02:30 and someone busts down your front door. They do not announce they are cops. They do not announce they are doing a no-knock search.

What are you gonna do?

Only after the event do you find out it's a no-knock warrant for your home. Drugs.

Maverick9

They can take my wife my dogs, and...oh, thought you said 'dogs'.

I've pre-prepared a gift basket. My Walmart Aleve Liqui-gel©, hemorrhoid cream, Vaseline, you know the usual.

Not much else you can do, huh?

IMO, they should do a Wally World blue light special, and just get the usual discount.

eye95

False dilemma. If there was a no-knock warrant in my home, it would have been a mistake. Maybe not the police, but somewhere, someone made a mistake.

At 2:30, I would not be able to react to the invasion until it was too late. By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me. I would be urging my household members to remain calm. I would ask to see the warrant to verify that my home was the correct target and to learn what they were looking for. (So, no, it would NOT be until after the even that I found out that it was a no-knock warrant or that it was for drugs.) I would call my lawyer.

Later in the morning, there would be hell to pay.

There is a valid use for no-knock warrants. Just not my home, because I know there is nothing going on that would make my home a valid use. After it was over, that would be time to sort out who screwed up and to seek legal redress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

1245A Defender

Well,,,

IF!!! the door bursts in! and Black Ninjas are all yelling,,, something????

I WILL!!! be SHOOTING!!!

Like eye says, I know I dont have a house where Cops should need that kind of entry...
But we differ in the why the when and the manner that we will stand up for our rights!!!

1245A Defender

Well,,,,

False dilemma. If there was a no-knock warrant in my home, it would have been a mistake. Maybe not the police, but somewhere, someone made a mistake.

At 2:30, I would not be able to react to the invasion until it was too late. By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me. I would be urging my household members to remain calm. I would ask to see the warrant to verify that my home was the correct target and to learn what they were looking for. (So, no, it would NOT be until after the even that I found out that it was a no-knock warrant or that it was for drugs.) I would call my lawyer.

There is a valid use for no-knock warrants. Just not my home, because I know there is nothing going on that would make my home a valid use. After it was over, that would be time to sort out who screwed up and to seek legal redress.

<o>

Here is the real False Dilemma!!!!

When it became too late to act,,, It could be the Cops,,,, but not with any degree of probability..
OR!!! it could be,,, and Probably IS!!! the bad guys!!!

ask the bad guys for a warrant.... how does that work???

1245A Defender

Well,,, and , more,,,,

<o>

IF!!! you live long enough for you or your lawyer to SEE to warrant, and your son isnt dead and your wife isnt raped,
you may be able to point out to the cops,,, cause by now you know that they really are cops,
and not murders, rapists, robbers,,, you and your lawyer,
can go to court and file a report,,
you can point out that you're not a druggy,,, and your address is not 5801!!!! they came to the wrong house!!!

Primus

<o>

Well said +1

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Primus

...or is it? But this time it's at YOUR home.

It's your family, that you have now, your home, as you have now, essentially it's you, NOW.

It's 02:30 and someone busts down your front door. They do not announce they are cops. They do not announce they are doing a no-knock search.

What are you gonna do?

Only after the event do you find out it's a no-knock warrant for your home. Drugs.

Just for the record... the process for a no knock warrant is you don't knock or annoyance BEFORE you strike the door.

After the first strike you announce. Most doors (exterior) take a bit more then one swing (unless done perfectly) so its.... BANG... then you hear lots of yelling. And lots of flashlights etc.

Theres a HUGE misconception that we smash the door and just run in without saying a word.... not remotely. Completely false.

stealthyeliminator

Just for the record... the process for a no knock warrant is you don't knock or annoyance BEFORE you strike the door.

After the first strike you announce. Most doors (exterior) take a bit more then one swing (unless done perfectly) so its.... BANG... then you hear lots of yelling. And lots of flashlights etc.

Theres a HUGE misconception that we smash the door and just run in without saying a word.... not remotely. Completely false.

That might be proper procedure, but that isn't always the way in which they are performed.

----------------------------------------

I'm thinking of getting a nicely made sign of the 4th amendment to post on my door.

WalkingWolf

My dogs will let me know as soon as they enter the property. If they do not articulate both they have a warrant, and they are police some of them will get shot. There is no valid use for no knock warrants if there was the police could enter on exigent circumstances, which is the only time violently entering a home is acceptable. If the police have time to get a warrant they have time to arrest the person when they are not in the house. Or their children are in school.

No knock warrants are a assault on America, plain and simple. Those doing them should suffer consequences, either shot or imprisoned. They know better, a unlawful order/warrant is still a unlawful act.

Keep in mind also that they are not new, the Nazi Gestapos were doing them before most of us were born. Apparently we did not learn anything from the horrors of the Nazis.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

What? Can you quite where I said that?

I misread what you wrote it appeared to me like it was a more drawn out process than smash and run in.

eye95

IF!!! the door bursts in! and Black Ninjas are all yelling,,, something????

I WILL!!! be SHOOTING!!!

Like eye says, I know I dont have a house where Cops should need that kind of entry...
But we differ in the why the when and the manner that we will stand up for our rights!!!

At 2:30 in the morning, you won't be able to react in the way you describe. They will already have such an upper hand that, if you tried, you'd likely be dead before you got a shot off.

<o>

eye95

Thw whole poont of a NO KNOCK warrant is that ,,,,,
The folks in the house wont know it is the REAL Cops,,, untill it is too late!!!!

That is not the point. I may be the effect, but it is not the point of the no-knock warramnt.

<o>

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

LOL

So many naive assumptions.

1. "By the time I could react, it would be clear that it was the police, and not someone who intended to rob me."

And yet, there are numerous examples where it has come to pass in precisely the opposite fashion. eye95 is overly confident on this point. I suspect either he believes his judgment to be infallible, or secretly believes that there really are never any mistaken no-knock raids, and that even those who have escaped such a raid without subsequent prosecution are still latent criminals who probably deserved – if not directly caused – the invasion & killing of their dog, etc.

2. eye95 believes that his request to see the warrant will be honored. There are numerous examples of cops executing no-knock or short-knock raids refusing to show the warrant until well after they've already trashed the house and its occupants.

3. Because no-knock warrens have a valid use, but not in his home, the officer friendlies who kicked down his door will immediately recognize this and fail to do him, his family, or his pets any serious harm.

Remember what I said about denial? There you have it, folks: unambiguous denial.

Last edited: