• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb656

logunowner

So wait, you guys can only carry with a permit, CC or OC?

As far a SB656 is concerned, the only thing that has changed in Missouri is if a city had banned open carry, as of 10-12.14 that city can no longer ban the practice as long as the person has a CCW.

The Truth

Well I guess that's better than nothing...seems unconstitutional to require permission to carry like that.

OC for ME

The truth is that MO is a OC state, no permission required. RSMo 21.750.3 provides for a political subdivision to regulate OC. Some town were OC with a permit already. Some towns OC is a no no. Most towns do not address OC at all, so OC is OK. Not much different that VA actually.

plumberdan

wasnt part of 656 including provision for leo falsly removing ur weapon?

The truth is that MO is a OC state, no permission required. RSMo 21.750.3 provides for a political subdivision to regulate OC. Some town were OC with a permit already. Some towns OC is a no no. Most towns do not address OC at all, so OC is OK. Not much different that VA actually.

I thought part of new 656 provided a financial penalty if a leo removed your weapon or detained unlawfully

in reading text did not not see that part? was it removed or did I just miss it? and if there is a penalty what is it and how do u

find it? thanks...someone more versed than me please respond...would like to make hand out card with quotes for uninformed leo's

kcgunfan

There is no penalty, there might have been one in previous versions, but it's toothless now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

Arrest. 544.180. An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required.

Resisting or interfering with arrest--penalty. 575.150. 1. A person commits the crime of resisting or interfering with arrest, detention, or stop if, knowing that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest, or attempting to lawfully detain or stop an individual or vehicle, or the person reasonably should know that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest or attempting to lawfully detain or lawfully stop an individual or vehicle, for the purpose of preventing the officer from effecting the arrest, stop or detention, the person:

4. It is no defense to a prosecution pursuant to subsection 1 of this section that the law enforcement officer was acting unlawfully in making the arrest. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to bar civil suits for unlawful arrest.
Cops may claim that they "believed" that you broke "a law" to justify the "officer safety" = confiscate pistol.

kcgunfan

In this case, belief is not sufficient. RAS is required. So, if an officer merely believes me to have broken a law, disarms me, that's a civil suit for him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk