• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Random acts of violence - 6 dead

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gunman kills 6 at apartment complex, dealership, restaurant

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP) - A gunman who seemed to choose his victims at random opened fire outside an apartment complex, a car dealership and a restaurant in Michigan, killing at least six people during a rampage that lasted nearly seven hours, police said.

Authorities could not say what motivated 45-year-old Jason Dalton, who has no criminal record, to target victims who had no apparent connection to him or to each other.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/31274151/gunman-kills-6-at-apartment-complex-dealership-restaurant

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Weren't there signs that this guy was going to flip out????? Hindsight always says yes. Hindsight is an amazing power. It's a power like common sense.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Weren't there signs that this guy was going to flip out????? Hindsight always says yes. Hindsight is an amazing power. It's a power like common sense.
Aaah yes - "common sense." Force fitting the tragedy, the facts that which weren't known or guessed until after the fact. By making premature conclusions, we would all be guilty of something - possibly, maybe, could be some day.

There may yet be information that will shine a light on the bad actor's motivation. Waiting.

kubel

He was apparently picking up passengers (Uber) between the shootings.

Attachments

• 12729203_10153861002175540_1333661781659328262_n.jpg
    12729203_10153861002175540_1333661781659328262_n.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 94

b0neZ

Let's see here:

Prior reports of erratic behavior, passed a company required background check (not sure if it's as stringent as a 4473, but I doubt it), and wilfully violated company rules.

Just waiting for the cries of "It's the guns fault!"

MI_XD

Two at a Cracker Barrel, apparently guns free.

That was 4 dead at the Cracker Barrel parking lot, plus a 14 year old girl who is in critical condition at the hospital. Also, a father and son looking at cars at a dealership. And the original female at the apartment complex in Richland, who they say is expected to recover.

Prayers for their families.

And we were thinking of going to dinner in Kazoo last night. Whew!

DeSchaine

Hey, I LOVE my city. All the BS we spend in idiotic promotions and THIS is what we make international news for. Woo hoo!

REPR

Any info on new laws that "would have prevented this shooting and others like it" or are the law makers in MI finally waking up?

DeSchaine

Neither, really. Though I will say it probably doesn't look good for the pro carry bills being considered, and looks better for the stupid anti bills that were submitted.

MI_XD

Neither, really. Though I will say it probably doesn't look good for the pro carry bills being considered, and looks better for the stupid anti bills that were submitted.

In one of the news articles it stated that he did not have a CPL, so that will probably not bode well for the Constitutional Carry type bills.