• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOMBSHELL Fast & Furious allegations; taxpayer dollars may have been used

Dave Workman

During an appearance Monday before Congressional investigators, Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alleged that the Department of Justice not only allowed criminals to smuggle guns to Mexico, but that “taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...legations-taxpayer-dollars-may-have-been-used

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
During an appearance Monday before Congressional investigators, Kenneth Melson, acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives alleged that the Department of Justice not only allowed criminals to smuggle guns to Mexico, but that “taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...legations-taxpayer-dollars-may-have-been-used

Dang. Just like Watergate, the coverup may prove to be far more actionable than the original program ... the difference is, no one died at the Watergate.

eye95

Mexico, that bastion of law of order, wants to prosecute.

If the American courts will not hold the criminals who made this program happen, I hope the Mexican courts do.

Dreamer

If the American courts will not hold the criminals who made this program happen, I hope the Mexican courts do.

Mexico suing the ATF for illegal gun running and corruption is like Jefferey Daumer suing the Donner Party for operating a restaurant without a food-handler's permit...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Mexico suing the ATF for illegal gun running and corruption is like Jefferey Daumer suing the Donner Party for operating a restaurant without a food-handler's permit...

Hilarious and true. As bad as the ATF is, I am pretty sure the Mexican criminals are getting most of their guns elsewhere. Maybe not, Mexico doesn't have any corruption in their police or military (sarcasm intended).

Gunslinger

Me too. I'd like to see that pos holder working on a chaingang in Nuevo Larado.

hermannr

Actually, if Mexico can identify a potential responsible party, they would have pretty good grounds for extradition. Something the US Government could not just push aside.

I am sure he US Government would fight an extradition, but that does not mean they would win.

I wonder if Holder ever considered what life in a Mexican prison would be like when he? approved the operation. ( if other agencies funds were used, it had to go through Holder)

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Actually, if Mexico can identify a potential responsible party, they would have pretty good grounds for extradition. Something the US Government could not just push aside.

Another possibility is something I was just reading about very recently. Apparently, there is an international law or treaty or something that lets foreign nationals sue US companies. The story was connected to Chiquita, the banana company, formerly US Fruit, involved in the banana wars. It seems in 2007 or so they had to settle with the US government for paying protection money to be left alone by FARC and various other Central and South American gangsters, drug cartels, and terrorists. The fedgov treated those payments as bribes or something and came after Chiquita saying they were "financing" these bad guys. Chiquita settled with the fedgov for lotsa millions of dollars.

Now, it seems certain American law firms are lining up people in these Central and South American countries injured by the gangsters, druggers, and terrorists to sue Chiquita under the international law or treaty.

I hope those gun stores that "cooperated" (ordered?) with Fast and Furious kept proof they were told by ATF to make the sale.

SourKraut

Bigger than watergate

If this was done intentionaly to secure 2nd amendment restrictions, it is most definitely a bigger deal than Watergate...

...hmmm, I wonder now what P. B.O.'s motive was for trying to stay the execution of a mexican national this week.

This should be down right ugly for the commie-organizer administration. Too bad that most Americans are more concerned about C.A.'s not guilty verdict.:banghead:

Dave Workman

Media storm clouds form over administration’s ‘Fast & Furious’ coverup

A prominent Pacific Northwest newspaper jumped into the Operation Fast and Furious fray today with an editorial demanding openness and accountability from the Obama administration on what it calls “a tragically inept attempt” to trace illegally-trafficked guns that has now “grown into something bigger.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...rm-over-administration-s-fast-furious-coverup

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
The only just resolution

barrynixon.jpg

Dave Workman

BREAKING: Issa, Grassley ask for communications between 12 DoJ officials

The Congressional investigation into Operation Fast and Furious continued to grow Tuesday as Congressman Darrell Issa and Senator Charles Grassley asked Attorney General Eric Holder for records and communications involving a dozen current and former Justice Department officials.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...k-for-communications-between-12-doj-officials