• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Group Health

massivedesign

So, for the first time in 14 years, I have medical benefits. My family doctor, who has been seeing me pro-bono for my entire life is now in retirement. His office does not take GH bennies.

So, what can people tell me about GH and does anybody know any doc in the GH Olympia area? I need to pick a doc, but would like one who is 2A friendly if at all possible.

Reading all the online bios it's like I am on match.com... :eek:

Thoughts, suggestions??

joeroket

The best thing to do is call GH and get a list of "In-Network" doctors in your area. Depending on which GH plan you have there could be almost none and there could be a plethora of them. The plan I have allows for In-Network coverage at local docs for members outside 30 miles from their Capital Hill hospital. You will be asked to leave rather quick if you attempt to carry in a GH owned building.

Last edited:

massivedesign

The best thing to do is call GH and get a list of "In-Network" doctors in your area. Depending on which GH plan you have there could be almost none and there could be a plethora of them. The plan I have allows for In-Network coverage at local docs for members outside 30 miles from their Capital Hill hospital. You will be asked to leave rather quick if you attempt to carry in a GH owned building.

Yhea, I see the list of docs on the website that I can choose from, just didn't know if anybody had a good olympia reccomendation.

Sucky about GH being no gun.. Makes sense that I would be asked to leave.. damn private property

joeroket

Yhea, I see the list of docs on the website that I can choose from, just didn't know if anybody had a good olympia reccomendation.

Sucky about GH being no gun.. Makes sense that I would be asked to leave.. damn private property

I hear ya. The only reason I go to their clinic is the doctor we see is freakin awesome, otherwise I would take an independent doc.

superdeluxe

So, for the first time in 14 years, I have medical benefits. My family doctor, who has been seeing me pro-bono for my entire life is now in retirement. His office does not take GH bennies.

So, what can people tell me about GH and does anybody know any doc in the GH Olympia area? I need to pick a doc, but would like one who is 2A friendly if at all possible.

Reading all the online bios it's like I am on match.com... :eek:

Thoughts, suggestions??

Hey there, I'll look around, a few of my co-workers have docs in the Olympia center, not sure if the 2A thing is brought up often, but I'll ask.

superdeluxe

Oh and you are going to loooove the GH website, you can email your doc, fill med orders, request appointments, check lab results and other fun stuff.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I have group health and really like it for coverage. The Tacoma facility is very anti-gun but I have been know to CC.

The ability to make appts online, order refills, talk to a consulting nurse 24/7 is a definite plus.

massivedesign

Wow! Pro-bono? I just left my wife's Dr's office and had to leave $200 as a COPAY.

What did you do for him? Wash all his cars, paint his house, mow his lawn?

lol. No, he delivered me, and has been pretty much family. I grew up with his kids, my mom and him used to date (well before me)... He would always see me for free. Any labs or outside services I would pay out of pocket for. I tried to not take advantage of it. If I got a cold, I dealt with it. Just my yearly physicals and anything major is when I went to go see him. He knows I am forever in his debt, and if he needed his car washed, I would do it!

Hey there, I'll look around, a few of my co-workers have docs in the Olympia center, not sure if the 2A thing is brought up often, but I'll ask.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

I have group health and really like it for coverage. The Tacoma facility is very anti-gun but I have been know to CC.

The ability to make appts online, order refills, talk to a consulting nurse 24/7 is a definite plus.

I have been playing on the site, it seems pretty neat. bring able to email with the doc (or assistant), have precripts mailed to ya etc etc.

amzbrady

I had Washing Community Basic Health and O/C'd to my doctors office, Laura Hallak. She noticed my firearm and said you cant have that here, 1 month later I recieved a notice of her terminating herself as my doctor.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
if you look at your GH policy you will find that a weapons issue can have your coverage canceled.
I have the info stored here somewhere from my issue about a year ago when I brought someone in for ER care... boy did they wig out over the pistol....

amzbrady

with the economy the way it is you would think they would be for gun carry. After all if you have an accident or an on purpose, they benifit in business, and what better place to carry. If someone gets shot in a hospital or dr office, there is a better chance of recovery. I know if I'm going to be shot I would rather it be in an ER.