• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Stops ordering Ammo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not rumor if you ask me.

C3E39E58-E364-40EE-8EEB-3C5AE40138C5-6480-00000AAC2FA0514A.jpg

"Hard blocked" = bricks on the shelf. OMG - handgun ammo available for sale :cool:

WalkingWolf

Somebody please explain what hard blocked means. Wouldn't it make more sense for a sign that says ammunition sales suspended? I don't buy that pic for a moment, IMO somebody is feeding the rumor, it is not even on a Walmart sign, which they use for just about everything. There is not even anything indicating it is even a Walmart.

Notice in the reflection that the finger tips are cut off the photographer at the tape.

Last edited:

bunnspecial

it is not even on a Walmart sign, which they use for just about everything. There is not even anything indicating it is even a Walmart.

My local Wal-Mart has had a sign posted for the past week that ammo sales are limited to 6 boxes per customer per day. The font and formatting on the one local to me look nearly identical to the one posted.

Whether the above posted sign is correct or not, I can't say, but everything about the picture looks very "Wal-Mart" to me.

WalkingWolf

My local Wal-Mart has had a sign posted for the past week that ammo sales are limited to 6 boxes per customer per day. The font and formatting on the one local to me look nearly identical to the one posted.

Whether the above posted sign is correct or not, I can't say, but everything about the picture looks very "Wal-Mart" to me.

Looked KMart to me. :banana:

crazydude6030

More smoke?

Starting to see smoke from the fire on this. I wonder how much true this really is

http://www.therightscoop.com/walmart-not-ordering-more-ammo-until-gun-control-decision-is-made/

This is the problem when we get these idiots in office to start demagoguing about gun control when it doesn’t even address the problem. Now Walmart, reportedly, has stopped making ammo orders over the pending gun control decision which means there’s a whole market of ammo out there that just lost a huge buyer. If they don’t make a decision soon, I wonder how many jobs will be lost.

CNS NEWS – WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress — and uncertainty over what new laws may be coming.

According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

A customer stood with a WalMart employee as a call was made to the corporate office.

WalMart headquarters told the employee the following:

“As of right now WalMart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment. As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders.

“We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.”

WalkingWolf

Starting to see smoke from the fire on this. I wonder how much true this really is

http://www.therightscoop.com/walmart-not-ordering-more-ammo-until-gun-control-decision-is-made/

This is the problem when we get these idiots in office to start demagoguing about gun control when it doesn’t even address the problem. Now Walmart, reportedly, has stopped making ammo orders over the pending gun control decision which means there’s a whole market of ammo out there that just lost a huge buyer. If they don’t make a decision soon, I wonder how many jobs will be lost.

CNS NEWS – WalMart reportedly has stopped selling ammunition ahead of the Obama administration’s anticipated gun control recommendations to Congress — and uncertainty over what new laws may be coming.

According to the Investment Watch blog, WalMart Corporation will no longer place new ammunition orders pending “the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment.”

A customer stood with a WalMart employee as a call was made to the corporate office.

WalMart headquarters told the employee the following:

“As of right now WalMart is not going to be making any new orders of ammo because of the upcoming decision on the Second Amendment. As of right now we are unsure of what new legislation might be coming, and because of this, we are suspending new orders.

“We will continue to sell what is already in stock in stores and at our distribution centers, but any new orders will not be shipped until the issue is resolved.”
A Walmart spokesperson from corporate offices has already made a statement that the rumor is bogus. It was all a spoof that many fell for from those ohhh so reliable blogs.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/walmart-responds-to-suspended-ammo-story/

“That information is inaccurate,” said Ashley Hardie, a spokeswoman located at Walmart’s corporate headquarters in Bentonville, Ark."

WND then asked whether the retail chain is cutting back on orders of ammunition.

“No,” Hardie said. “We’re continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past.”

"She said Walmart’s ammunition sales policy has not changed, even amid talk of gun-control legislation in Washington, D.C."

Last edited:

crazydude6030

You might be right but like I said there is smoke here and someone started a fire some place.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

EMNofSeattle

Yes they did, and it was probably intentional, but still untrue. Somewhere somebody is laughing it up at fools.

I called Wal-Mart yesterday and they told me the same thing as the recorded call. maybe their story is changing or the people manning the phones are simply making stuff up to explain why there is no ammo. Or one day of calls convinced them to abandon a policy they were planning to enact. personally Wal-Mart stinks to me, it always has. they've been just involved enough with the president to get the ire of the gun community, and not involved enough to claim they're not involved. tells me they're operating in the shadows.

WalkingWolf

I called Wal-Mart yesterday and they told me the same thing as the recorded call. maybe their story is changing or the people manning the phones are simply making stuff up to explain why there is no ammo. Or one day of calls convinced them to abandon a policy they were planning to enact. personally Wal-Mart stinks to me, it always has. they've been just involved enough with the president to get the ire of the gun community, and not involved enough to claim they're not involved. tells me they're operating in the shadows.

I would imagine that Walmart has as many problems with in store rumors as any other business. The fact is, they cannot get ammo, it is possible some may have come up with this lame brain rumor to hopefully stop getting phone calls. They have a minimum staff to get a big job done, I doubt they want to spend their time on the phone guessing when ammo will come in. But then I am allergic to aluminum foil hats.

But we have Walmart's official response, you can easily call them and accuse her of being a liar.

EMNofSeattle

I would imagine that Walmart has as many problems with in store rumors as any other business. The fact is, they cannot get ammo, it is possible some may have come up with this lame brain rumor to hopefully stop getting phone calls. They have a minimum staff to get a big job done, I doubt they want to spend their time on the phone guessing when ammo will come in. But then I am allergic to aluminum foil hats.

But we have Walmart's official response, you can easily call them and accuse her of being a liar.

Doesn't require much tin-foil, Wal-Mart is already operating with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and have been for years. the idea that they would use their money to support additional measures is not outside the realm of possibility.

crazydude6030

Doesn't require much tin-foil, Wal-Mart is already operating with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and have been for years. the idea that they would use their money to support additional measures is not outside the realm of possibility.

My Google-fu fails me. Do you have a link that supports that?

WalkingWolf

I gave you the link, and posted the statement from corporate Walmart. Obviously you have it set in your mind to believe the rumor rather than fact. Go with it! It gives you so much credibility.

zack991

Somebody please explain what hard blocked means. Wouldn't it make more sense for a sign that says ammunition sales suspended? I don't buy that pic for a moment, IMO somebody is feeding the rumor, it is not even on a Walmart sign, which they use for just about everything. There is not even anything indicating it is even a Walmart.

Notice in the reflection that the finger tips are cut off the photographer at the tape.

I should have taken a photo of it, but my walmart here in Austintown has a sign with the exact same info with a additional notice "all sales are final, no refund."

Last edited:

zack991

My Google-fu fails me. Do you have a link that supports that?

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/pr007-08.shtml
http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/partnership/partnership.shtml

(Wal-Mart and the bi-partisan coalition of Mayors Against Illegal Guns have announced that Wal-Mart, the largest seller of firearms in the nation, has adopted the new Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, a 10-point code that will help ensure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, created by Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Wal-Mart, is a set of policies that will be implemented over time that includes video recording of sales, rigid controls on inventory, checks that gun purchasers are not misrepresenting themselves, and the development of a first-of-its kind computerized crime gun trace log for retailers.)

At the very first link in google.

WalkingWolf

I should have taken a photo of it, but my walmart here in Austintown has a sign with the exact same thing with a additional notice "all sales are final, no refund."

I have never heard of refunds on ammo, even in Walmart. But again what does "hard block" mean on ammo they cannot get at any price. If it is not available it is not. Seems this same rumor circulated in 2009. Why wouldn't they just say ammo will not be restocked, or clearance like on any other product they discontinue. I smelled dead fish today, but failed to take a picture.

WalkingWolf

http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/media-center/pr007-08.shtml
http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/html/partnership/partnership.shtml

(Wal-Mart and the bi-partisan coalition of Mayors Against Illegal Guns have announced that Wal-Mart, the largest seller of firearms in the nation, has adopted the new Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, a 10-point code that will help ensure that guns do not fall into the wrong hands. The Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership, created by Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Wal-Mart, is a set of policies that will be implemented over time that includes video recording of sales, rigid controls on inventory, checks that gun purchasers are not misrepresenting themselves, and the development of a first-of-its kind computerized crime gun trace log for retailers.)

At the very first link in google.
Ummmm did you check the date on that? They continued to sell LEGAL guns for years after, and what is mentioned above it already part of federal laws for FFLs, except the computerized records. But they still must keep records. So what has the above got to do with a proven erroneous rumor.

zack991

I have never heard of refunds on ammo, even in Walmart. But again what does "hard block" mean on ammo they cannot get at any price. If it is not available it is not. Seems this same rumor circulated in 2009. Why wouldn't they just say ammo will not be restocked, or clearance like on any other product they discontinue. I smelled dead fish today, but failed to take a picture.

They have refunded me ammo a few times as long as I had the original receipt and that the ammo was all there. That was a few years ago and I have not bought ammo from them in a long time, their prices suck. I asked about what does hard block mean, and what was explain to me was that their system that they use to request a restock from the warehouse has blocked them from requesting any more ammo for restock. It wont even let them click the check box for restock he said, it is there but faded to the background and only one that can change that in their system is corporate.