• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is my gun an AW ? Well, I need to buy the banned AWs to check - PA13-3

davidmcbeth

Banned
Called the Gov's office (DESPP no response) ... talked t one of the governor's aides.

My question to him was:

I need to purchase some of the guns on the AW banned list to compare a rifle that I own that is not on the specific list and does not meet the "characteristics" test as the new law notes that also banned are copies, duplicates, or guns of similar capabilities.

Now, how can I tell if my gun is a copy, duplicate or has the same capabilities unless I have the banned gun(s) to compare it against?

The aide initially thought I was just calling to harass him...he said that the words "copy, duplicate, and capabilities" meant nothing .. I informed him that every word in a law has meaning so this cannot be right. He re-thought it over and seemed to agree.

Now he is checking and will get back to me.

We'll see if the governor is willing to issue me a pardon ... I asked specifically for one....so I would be able to obtain several AWs to use as standards for my comparison.

motoxmann

I am a Vulcan ... flawless logic ... see how the gov's office responds -- make a guess, maybe win a prize

I imagine their response will be something like "go to a public library and do a high volume of searches on any and all guns that you may want to compare. we cannot give you permission to buy banned guns simply for comparison".
that way you'll also be flagged as a potential terrorist or other form of mass killer because you searched hundreds of guns on a public library computer (which almost always record everything, and flag many suspicious things), and they can act "accordingly" lol

davidmcbeth

Banned
I imagine their response will be something like "go to a public library and do a high volume of searches on any and all guns that you may want to compare. we cannot give you permission to buy banned guns simply for comparison".
that way you'll also be flagged as a potential terrorist or other form of mass killer because you searched hundreds of guns on a public library computer (which almost always record everything, and flag many suspicious things), and they can act "accordingly" lol

The state has already called me the following:

1) terrorist
2) monster
3) horrible
4) pain in the butt
5) crazy

sticks and stones ... sticks and stones ...