• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland OC/Firearm Education Walk Planned for CPD Gun Buyback Day!

dgeottman

It is in the Home & Garden store in the Exchange/Commissary complex in the Kitty Hawk Area. We sell firearms, ammunition, and accessories to folks with Exchange privileges.

Sweet! I will have to stop by sometime. No taxes I presume? I am a medical student at Wright State, and I am in the HPSP program with the Air Force (scholarship for med school).

eye95

Sweet! I will have to stop by sometime. No taxes I presume? I am a medical student at Wright State, and I am in the HPSP program with the Air Force (scholarship for med school).

Does that mean you have Exchange privileges?

Yes, no sales tax, and we beat the heck outta most prices elsewhere. If one of the big box stores manages to beat one of our prices, we'll match it--and you'll still save the sales tax!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

dgeottman

Does that mean you have Exchange privileges?

Yes, no sales tax, and we beat the heck outta most prices elsewhere. If one of the big box stores manages to beat one of our prices, we'll match it--and you'll still save the sales tax!

<o>

Yes I do. I don't usually go out to the base unless I am doing a rotation at the medical center though. What are the hours there? I don't really have funds to buy a new firearm right now, but I should have a little more spare cash when I start residency next year. Being a medical student is basically the opposite of a lucrative business.

cabledawg

I'd love to help out with gun storage, but I'm not sure on the legalities of storing firearms for others. If for profit, I'm going to assume I'd need a business license and probably an FFL. :question:

Eye95, there's a good possibility I've bought a few guns from you. Over the last year I've purchased two, both from the same person. You guys have a good setup down there, you just need to start carrying left handed holsters! :banghead: I've had to send alot of money to Vandalia Range because they have the most extensive inventory of lefty holsters in the area.

eye95

I'm the guy with the full grey beard. If I didn't sell you any firearms, I likely was the person who checked the transaction.

(Hint: I am not the guy that keeps telling the customers that they can be arrested for inducing panic if they OC.)

<O>

Last edited:

dgeottman

I'm the guy with the full grey beard. If I didn't sell you any firearms, I likely was the person who checked the transaction.

(Hint: I am not the guy that keeps telling the customers that they can be arrested for inducing panic if they OC.)

<O>

I stopped by to say hello today but I guess I missed you. I'll try to stop by when you guys are having the sale.

eye95

I worked very early today. In at 5 for monthly inventory. Gone by 1:30.

If I don't see you sooner, see you for the anniversary sale. Got some nice bargains, and we will have tons of ammo. Our suppliers have fixed us up well for everything except .380.

Literally tons. Not kidding. Thousands and thousands of pounds of ammo.

<o>

cabledawg

The guy I worked with didnt have a beard. I dont come in as often as I used to but everytime I do I ask for 9mm. Now that I know you guys have more ammo, I'll be coming in more often. And you say the sale is on June 15th? I'll be sure to let my coworkers know and we'll make it a shop trip. ;)

NEOOpenCarry

Any word on a meeting spot yet? If it's on Facebook I can't see it bc I don't have a facebook

We are meeting at the corner of E. 18th and Payne Avenue. There is a parking lot there and lots of on street parking around there and it is only a block away from the buyback.

NEOOpenCarry

Ok sounds good! How's the turn out lookin so far?

We have 55 people RSVPed on facebook, with another 52 people saying maybe, plus at least 5 others who do not use facebook saying that they are going. Estimates would be between 50-100 people, so a good turnout.

Jordysoso

I was just doing a little looking around today and found this:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/10/police_gun_buy_back_draws_peop.html

sounds like Lt. Kutz thinks all we are looking to do is buy the firearms and resell them. Everyone be ready to have this guy and his goons walk up on you and tell you to get out if you dont have a vendors license. I highly doubt he can "make" you move for not having one because he, and the city of Cleveland, doesn't exactly know whether we plan on reselling them or not, meaning no vendors license is needed if youre going to keep them. As long as I can pick up a revolver or two and a shotgun (even though they arent offering anything for them someone might turn one in) Ill be a happy camper.

eye95

Wow. The Plain Dealer sure was biased in that article. Did they even bother to try to get the other side of the story?

Have fun Saturday, and best of luck!

I'm really sad that I can't be there. This sale is going to be huge, though. Our suppliers have really fixed us up. We literally have TONS of ammo to sell tomorrow, and TONS to sell on Saturday--all the popular calibers! We are expecting one helluva line in the morning.

Jordysoso

Wow. The Plain Dealer sure was biased in that article. Did they even bother to try to get the other side of the story?

Have fun Saturday, and best of luck!

I'm really sad that I can't be there. This sale is going to be huge, though. Our suppliers have really fixed us up. We literally have TONS of ammo to sell tomorrow, and TONS to sell on Saturday--all the popular calibers! We are expecting one helluva line in the morning.

I'd like to come there too!! My cousin worked on the stealth bomber at wright Patterson. Awesome place. Ill report back the experiences of me and the people going with me, we are showing up at the buyback around 1045 and buying until the walk. Any chance you guys have any 9mm and/or .22 ammo deals? Pm me if so!