• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to pick up my online purchased firearms today.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I chose new frontier armory as i have never been "little missy'ed" by a counter guy in that store. Everything was smooth, He filled out the registration forms, and asked me to sign. I said I would be happy to, however I am requesting a copy of the form I am signing... He hesitated, and politely informed me that the "blue card" was for that purpose. I said i appreciate that, however there is absolutely nothing on the card except for your handwriting that ties the blue card to the form, that is actually used in the registration of my firearm. He paused again,,, said No one ever brought this up before but you are starting to sound legit!

We had garnered the attn. of his Mgr. who motioned that he would be right over, so we went with informal talk, letting each other know we had no beef etc. When the Mgr. approached the clerk ran him down on the situation and the mgr. asked a couple of questions (i don't recall) I let him know that I would be satisfied to take pictures of the forms with my phone, to avoid a problem. He said we have to photocopy your CCW anyway copy's will not be a problem.

Overall I was most happy, and bought something I would have normally purchased on line. Has anyone else run into problems obtaining the form they are asked to sign? (outside of metro of course.)

Does it trouble anyone else that the Metro registration fo0rm is serialized, but the blue card does not correspond?

Anyone wonder why You have to sign your own blue card? are we authenticating it?

Does it seem like a shell game to you? "we need you to sign this actual copy of the transaction.... And instead
of giving you an actual copy of the transaction, we will get you to give yourself this card... lol"

garand_guy

I just go through the motions in case I have to shoot someone (God forbid). The whole system is stupid anyhow.

28kfps

It is so stupid because any other legal gun owner from anywhere else in the US for the most part is not required to have the blue card. Last firearm I purchased I saw them get the blank blue card out. I told them you can put that back as I am not a Clark County resident. Left with the firearm and no blue card.

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.lvmpd.com/permits/firearmsregistration/tabid/125/default.aspx

FFLs should not be collecting these registrations nor providing them to the state gov'ts.

Its a law in my state (were I was a FFL) to give our state police & local police a record showing every gun purchase (DPS-3 form; http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/dps-3-c.pdf)--guess how many I sent into the state or to local police: zero.

Laws that nobody follows are basically not laws.

FFLs over by the OP's location should grow some balls.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Interesting premise. This would work just as well for murder, arson, any number of so called "crimes." So I guess murders, arsonists, and all of the others, were not violating non-laws. Cool.

Do you follow those laws? Against murder, arson, etc?

If everybody did not then they are effectively not laws...