• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rethinking Gun Control

PeterNSteinmetz

Nowhere in the CDC's recent report[/URL] have I found any tangible evidence that either background checks of dealers/gunshows or restricted sales of handguns would in any manner whatsoever lead to a reduction in gun violence or crime. Do you?

I concur with you. No evidence that these measures decrease gun violence or crime.

Maverick9

Keep in mind that 'gun control' advocates are:
1. Rage-o-holics who can't show evidence or rational thought
2. Would be the first to hide behind a carrier in a convenience store being robbed
3. Want gun-advocates to be killed by the cops (see #1 above)
4. Are lying to you about their motives
5. Are absolutely aware that 'controlling firearms' does absolutely nothing to stop criminals from possessing guns
6. Want you to be disarmed so that they feel safe aggressing against you.
7. Have armed bodyguards or are secretly armed, themselves.
8. Project their own incompetence or rage issues on to gun carriers, knowing THEY would not be safe with a gun so they think you are dangerous.
9. Do not see how disarming LAC will come back to haunt them, if they are successful
10. Can't engage in a rational argument, having 'logic-tight' compartmentalization on this issue.

HTH

Saxxon

Keep in mind that 'gun control' advocates are:
1. Rage-o-holics who can't show evidence or rational thought
2. Would be the first to hide behind a carrier in a convenience store being robbed
3. Want gun-advocates to be killed by the cops (see #1 above)
4. Are lying to you about their motives
5. Are absolutely aware that 'controlling firearms' does absolutely nothing to stop criminals from possessing guns
6. Want you to be disarmed so that they feel safe aggressing against you.
7. Have armed bodyguards or are secretly armed, themselves.
8. Project their own incompetence or rage issues on to gun carriers, knowing THEY would not be safe with a gun so they think you are dangerous.
9. Do not see how disarming LAC will come back to haunt them, if they are successful
10. Can't engage in a rational argument, having 'logic-tight' compartmentalization on this issue.

HTH

One of the more comprehensive outlines of liberal dimentia regarding guns.

Particularly accurate on the projection and self knowledge of their own incompetence with responsibility with something like a firearm.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The CDC has previously made it known that they are not experts in gun studies or gun information.

Why they continue to wade into this subject matter shows that they are more a political organization than a scientific one.

I would eliminate this agency all together; I cannot believe anything that they say.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Any author who demonstrates even vague awareness of the relationship between prohibition and gun violence, and comes out anywhere on the side of more prohibition, is morally bankrupt.

Oh, and Saxxon, prohibitionism is definitionally illiberal.

Last edited: