• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Too cheap not to have one

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Last edited:

CenTex

If you get one, I would suggest you stay away from the black one. Get the bright red one. It is far less likely of being mistaken for a weapon.

Dreamer

If you get one, I would suggest you stay away from the black one. Get the bright red one. It is far less likely of being mistaken for a weapon.

In some states, the police consider ANY device--no matter what color it is--that has a lens on it to be a weapon...

a weapon against their increasing tyranny.

I don't mean nothin' by that. I'm just sayin'... :rolleyes:

palerider116

In some states, the police consider ANY device--no matter what color it is--that has a lens on it to be a weapon...

Code sections for related weapons offense?

zack991

Code sections for related weapons offense?
Anything that can shows the "dangerous" cops crossing the line of the law is a weapon to them. Not all the cops the ones with the ego and power trip issues will DO almost anything to stop you from catching their hands in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran

Yeah, right, let me say that they're sick and tired of their somewhat tyrranical anti-Constitutional kabash on U.S. citizens' rights...

Not. They love perpetuating their grip over the sheep.

Problem, is, many aren't sheepdogs, or shepherders, as are we, of whose greatest concern is the welfare of the general citizen at large.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I think the gun might draw attention from it, no?

It's meant to be clipped on, say, your belt. Just push the button and let it roll. You won't be reaching for the gun, and it won't be in your hand.

But I guess, when they shoot you full of holes, destroy the camera, and lie about the whole incident; that'll be a moot point....

MamaLiberty

Packing include:

* 1 x Mini DV
* 1 x A Set of Bracket(3pcs)
* 1 x Charger
* 1 x USB Cable
* 1 x Disk
* 1 x Belt
* 1 x Silicone Case
* Notes: the TF card is not included!!

What is a TF card, how much does it cost and where would one get it? Why isn't it included?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Packing include:

* 1 x Mini DV
* 1 x A Set of Bracket(3pcs)
* 1 x Charger
* 1 x USB Cable
* 1 x Disk
* 1 x Belt
* 1 x Silicone Case
* Notes: the TF card is not included!!

What is a TF card, how much does it cost and where would one get it? Why isn't it included?

"The microSD format was originally called T-Flash, and then TransFlash, before being renamed microSD when adopted by the SD Card Association (SDA). At 15 mm × 11 mm × 0.7 mm it is currently the smallest memory card format available. It is about one quarter of the size of a standard SD card but can be inserted into an adapter which allows the card to be used in devices with an SD card slot. TransFlash and microSD cards are essentially the same, and each can be used in devices made for the other type. There is one exception, which is that unlike TransFlash, microSD devices have the capability to support NFC (Near Field Communication)." http://www.memoryx.net/transflash.html

Looks like they vary from $20 to $60.

MamaLiberty

"The microSD format was originally called T-Flash, and then TransFlash, before being renamed microSD when adopted by the SD Card Association (SDA).

Thanks! The question I failed to ask is: Does one need this card to operate the device for recording and uploading to one's computer, or is it an extra bell and whistle? :)

I can't tell from the description you gave. Don't have a drop of geek blood in my body. LOL

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's just an example, I wasn't trying to advertise this.

Camera burns way more battery than just a microphone.

I'm looking at something that costs 4x as much. Just pointing out that this stuff is really cheap now, anyone can carry a video recorder for 'that day.'

You carry a gun for when 'that day' comes, it costs way more.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Thanks! The question I failed to ask is: Does one need this card to operate the device for recording and uploading to one's computer, or is it an extra bell and whistle? :)

I can't tell from the description you gave. Don't have a drop of geek blood in my body. LOL

microSD cards are everywhere, and they're cheap. You'll need one, if not more. I have a dozen or so.... Not having one is like not owning clothes these days.... ;-)

MedicineMan

I don't advise this little "gadget" for anyone.

Got mine in mail today, and am TRYING to figure out how it works.

The instructions are in "broken english" and VERY vague, the terms used don't match the controls, the disk only has ONE part that is readable.
The rest is IN CHINESE.... which I can't and don't care to read.

It's small, cheap, and would likely mess up right when needed.

CenTex

I don't advise this little "gadget" for anyone.

Got mine in mail today, and am TRYING to figure out how it works.

The instructions are in "broken english" and VERY vague, the terms used don't match the controls, the disk only has ONE part that is readable.
The rest is IN CHINESE.... which I can't and don't care to read.

It's small, cheap, and would likely mess up right when needed.

I would like to hear how it has worked for you "after" you have used it around your house and outside just fooling around with it. Once you have figured out how everything works, and you think it may be OK after all, post simple instructions on how to use it.

Last edited: