• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Gun Show

WilDChilD

Does anybody know there policy on OC/CC? I think i remember this in a previous thread but seem to discover it. And any comments on the show from someone that has attended one would be nice. Looking for small revolver, Taurus or Smith, maybe. Been checkin prices in stores so I can tell if gun shows are worth the time.

Sheldon

The Lansing aka Mason gun show is a very nice show, parking is tight so get there early, and one caveat although it is a Friday - Sunday show... Friday is dealer optional, and if you go then expect to see many empty tables...

Held at the county fair ground just east (about 1 mile) of the Mason city square on the south side of the road...

Prices are so so, with some of the more plentiful guns you can get a decent price on them due to competition, but the hard to find items may bring a premimum....

Parking lot sales are not allowed.... however you can take a gun inside with a sign to sell....

BOT no loaded guns are allowed in the show OC or CC, they will ask you at the door, make you unload and they will bag and tag your ammo for when you leave and put a yellow zip tie in the action of your gun....

Last edited:

TheQ

They won't know about the one under your shirt ;)

However, the gun show, along with it's organizer (Total Firearms of Holt) are NOT loaded open carry friendly.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show? Where does our hypocrisy end?:cry:

No guns, no money!:banghead:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show?
I have friends that own one of the largest gun shows on the East Coast and they are VERY pro gun. It is an insurance issue. Nonthign more, nothign less. They "could" change the insurance but then admission to the show would be $50/$75 per person per day.

Ed

Centurion

I have friends that own one of the largest gun shows on the East Coast and they are VERY pro gun. It is an insurance issue. Nonthign more, nothign less. They "could" change the insurance but then admission to the show would be $50/$75 per person per day.

Ed

This may very well be the case, here in MI. there are some shows that allow open carry and manage to keep the cost to enter reasonable last one I attended last fall admission price was $5. I make it a point to spend my money there vs. others that strip me & my family of the chance to defend ourselves.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
This may very well be the case, here in MI. there are some shows that allow open carry and manage to keep the cost to enter reasonable last one I attended last fall admission price was $5. I make it a point to spend my money there vs. others that strip me & my family of the chance to defend ourselves.
I worked the gun show a few times, it is an insurance issue.

Golden Eagle

Cool, then keep us posted of the OC friendly gun shows
thumb.gif

Sheldon

Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show? Where does our hypocrisy end?:cry:

No guns, no money!:banghead:

It's not an anti gun thing but more of a safety thing....

Real quick show of hands, how many of you have been in a gun show or gun store and had some careless uninformed ignorant moron that is handling a gun sweep you or a family member???

Me I'm glad they have to be unloaded but the dealers on the other hand are often armed with one in the pipe...

As to the OC friendly shows vs the insurance no loaded guns policy, could it just be an "don't ask don't tell" situation.....

Last edited:

TheQ

Real quick show of hands, how many of you have been in a gun show or gun store and had some careless uninformed ignorant moron that is handling a gun sweep you or a family member???

He'll, I was at Total Firearm 2 weeks ago. I saw a staff member unholster his sidearm (presumably loaded) and display it to a customer *eye rolls* -- THEN they had issues with me there with my holstered firearm which I NEVER TOUCHED!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Ed

That's a crap excuse. I talked with the people that run this show and it's not insurance costs, its a control issue.

Other shows allow loaded guns in Michigan, I wonder where they get their insurance???