• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SCOTUS review sought in NJ carry case (AGs mention OC in brief!)

Dave Workman

Grim_Night

So if this does in fact get heard by the USSC and they in fact rule in favor of the citizen, I wonder what the implications are going to be to the "May issue" states. I'm of the idea that the "may issue" states will be forced into becoming "will issue". The other idea is that if all states become "will issue", it may pave the road to a CPL from any state being honored in all states or even a federal level CPL and doing away with the state level CPL.

True, a universal CPL would have it's advantages and downfalls. If we could somehow get the USSC to rule in favor of open carry... This is all wishful thinking of course but hey, one can always dream right?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I wonder when enough courts (including the USSC) will rule that the fact that one must pay a fee, and more likely than not take training, is clear evidence that one is exercising a privilege.

What other recognized RIGHTS require one to do the same?

Mas49.56

I wonder when enough courts (including the USSC) will rule that the fact that one must pay a fee, and more likely than not take training, is clear evidence that one is exercising a privilege.

What other recognized RIGHTS require one to do the same?

BB62, you didn't include your first amendment license number in your post. You are guilty of a first degree misdemeanor if you haven't payed the $153.95 for your free speech permit!!!!!!