• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wonder why taxes are so high--$$ they throw at people astounds

davidmcbeth

Banned
The city school board's new special assistant will be paid at a rate of $900 per day through June 30, according to the employment agreement released Monday....Superintendent Christina Kishimoto, who will spend the remaining three months of her contract on vacation from the district.

That's...91 calendar days ($81,900) or about 59 workweek days ($53,000)

Who gets 3 months of vacation banked?

I assume the special one will get the $82K for 3 mos. work.

Who gets paid $900/day?

That's per year: $227,700 for doing what?

Tawnos

"Kishimoto receives 24 vacation days annually and can carry over 24 more from previous years. Because those days alone won't cover the three months, the plan is to convert some of her unused sick days to vacation time, board Chairman Richard Wareing said. The city's corporation counsel must sign off on the agreement because it will require an amendment to Kishimoto's contract."

A superintendent is like a CEO for a school district. A 200k/year salary isn't insane, and converting vacation days isn't egregious. I think you're more likely to find that a lot of the budget goes to military expenditures. In fact, in 2013, $643 billion went to "defense". That 200k is 0.0000311% of the defense budget. So no, I don't think that education expense has much to do with why your taxes are so high.

onus

A superintendent is like a CEO for a school district. A 200k/year salary isn't insane, and converting vacation days isn't egregious. I think you're more likely to find that a lot of the budget goes to military expenditures. In fact, in 2013, $643 billion went to "defense". That 200k is 0.0000311% of the defense budget. So no, I don't think that education expense has much to do with why your taxes are so high.

I didn't know cities and states had a military.

beebobby

If that upsets you, do not look into what Congress is paid compared to their performance.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

It's called bloat, and it's what happens when you turn over major swathes of a nation's GDP to bureaucrats with precisely zero incentive to spend other peoples' money wisely.

beebobby

I think it's about time we put our representatives to work, with 2 weeks off per year and they need to take a leave of absence if they want to campaign. Why should an incumbent need to campaign in the first place? Their value should be performance rated and if they continue to perform during campaign season, then they should capture the votes.

Primus

Nope, those have been federalized...

So, state regular (constitutional/historical) militia.

? What

How do you figure? Seeing as how they still directly report to the governor first. And seeing as how its state budget that pays to train us. Oh and state money when we get activated. State money that buys equipment. Unless your activated for a federal mission. Then your title 10 orders come from fed money.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

sudden valley gunner

? What

How do you figure? Seeing as how they still directly report to the governor first. And seeing as how its state budget that pays to train us. Oh and state money when we get activated. State money that buys equipment. Unless your activated for a federal mission. Then your title 10 orders come from fed money.

Glean more and more information about you all the time......;).

sudden valley gunner

You just realized I was in the guard? Actually just got out a few days ago. I was never bashful about that. Especially when guys throw inaccurate information about it.

Yep, I might have been a little slow but fits more and more into your profile. My cousin had quite a bit to say about NG guys over sees.....;)

Primus

Yep, I might have been a little slow but fits more and more into your profile. My cousin had quite a bit to say about NG guys over sees.....;)

I'm sure he does. Heard it all before.

Just usually from guys that are actually in a position to know anything and say it :)

Freedom1Man

? What

If the NG was not federalized it could never have units sent out side the borders of the 50 states of the union.

Primus

Nope doesn't mean I can't use the info he gave me, much of it which seems to fit quite well.

Sure. You can use the "info" he gave you to make all the conclusions you want.

But to make conclusions and then to earn the right to criticize are far different things. He earned his right to criticize (I assume). Criticizing from a third party source is just dumb.

He can at least say "you did battle drill 1a messes up this is how its done".

You can say "I heard you guys jacked that up... so I had to Google it find out what it was you jacked up"

Tracking?