• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat. 4/26

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 4/26, 9:30 A.M.

Golden Corral
1 S Providence Rd ..........just off Midlothian
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

Watch for early morning high water.

Weather predicted to be beautiful - inside & out :)

Last edited:

scouser

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 4/25, 9:30 A.M.

Golden Corral
1 S Providence Rd ..........just off Midlothian
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

Watch for early morning high water.

Weather predicted to be beautiful - inside & out :)

You're going to have to talk about me this week, I won't be there. If I was on my own tomorrow morning I'd join you but it's not worth spending $5 for Logan to sit there and eat a couple of cookies

FYI tomorrow is the 26th ...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First order of business - why is Scouser's wife abandoning him?

Second order of business - is skidmark trying to start trouble again?

See me there to find out.

stay safe.

scouser

First order of business - why is Scouser's wife abandoning him?

haircut and toe painting appointments (I just can't decide what color I want mine to be - there I said it before anyone else could)

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Liberty-or-Death & lady, Va_Tazdad, Grapeshot and I met up for breakfast. We talked about all the rest of you, but coud not spend as much time doing that as we wanted to. Several folks came by to admire the hardware and inquire about make. model, and especially caliber. L-o-D was sad that nobody asked if he was carrying a S&W 500, but he got enough love and admiration for the .357. Grapeshot missed the two guys a table behind wondering how he got wood grips on a Glock. Several folks asked about how/where they could get a license to carry, and one wanted to know if he needed a permit to buy one.

Had a good conversation with a trucker - till his wife went and got the car and started giving him dirty looks as she sat in front of the place waiting for him to get finished talking. Apparently his boss would be OK with him OCing - he just was full of fears about what the various LEA minions would do to him when they stopped him for a safety inspection.

One of the churches that [strike]hunts down[/strike] ministers to the convicted classes was having a car wash and we talked to the Person In Charge of the Community Service "Voluntolds". Seems someone from the church told her she could not carry at the car wash because of the criminals being present. (This, BTW, is a church that has an organized security group for services and other activities at their buildings.) Guess the congregation is worth protecting there but not out on the street. No, the PiC did not seem to think that was fair when it was pointed out. I have a feeling there is going to be a conversation with the pastor - just hope it does not get to the "Come to Jesus" level about when and where the inherent G*d-given right of self defense can be exercised. (Yes, once the PiC's eyes were opened they got real big. "I'd rather have it and not need it" will probably become one of their favorite phrases.

Ended my day at Saucy's BBQ in Petersburg http://saucyswalkupbbq.blogspot.com for some dinners for the week. A Master Sergeant (3 up, 2 down) and a Spec. 4 (itty-bitty shield too small to hide behind) rolled up from Ft. Lee in something red and flashy with NJ plates. I must have looked dangerous to them as they kept moving away. Must be a real downer to be the tip of America's spear and unable to defend yourself.

So there we were, in the words of a certain Commonwealth's Attorney: Armed men with guns! And nobody got shot. Imagine that.:eek:

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It was a morning full of conversations including "Yes Virginia there is a choice."

Fortunately, I missed hearing that the hammer was back on my Glock with wood grips. Did any of the I-own-a gun-too crowd get the make or model right?

BTW - the new link sausage (thick ones) are delicious. No green eggs and spam to be found either.

Rusty Young Man

It was a morning full of conversations including "Yes Virginia there is a choice."

Fortunately, I missed hearing that the hammer was back on my Glock with wood grips. Did any of the I-own-a gun-too crowd get the make or model right?

BTW - the new link sausage (thick ones) are delicious. No green eggs and spam to be found either.

Doesn't make them any less ugly, IMO. Well, maybe just a little bit.:lol:
Don't know if it helps reliability.:)
Condition One Glock with Wood Grips.jpg

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Glock 17 with a hammer? And contact paper or painted grip panels?

Whaza heck is that? Would think must be airsoft....right?

Not sure.:confused: It came up in a search for "Glock with wood grips".
So the...thing....exists somewhere in the world. I just used Photoshop to add in the hammer (a 1911 spur hammer:D). Admit it, the shadow I put in for the hammer got you at first glance.;)

.....This is what a purdy gun looks like :D

No arguments there.:)

Liberty-or-Death

Enjoyed the breakfast this morning, overheard some playful plotting and scheming, mum's the word there.

Found out Grapeshot and I have something in common, the first thing we'd each do if we became millionaires, after contacting our tax attorney and investment advisor of course.

Nice seeing Va_tazdad again, we'll talk more next time. Skidmark did allude to one youth who carefully, and from quite a distance, apologized for interrupting my breakfast, but just had to ask what it was that I was carrying, "It's so huge!"

After breakfast, the Mrs. and I took care of several errands, including OC'ing at Party City down Midlothian Tnpk, Prairie Grain Bread Co., Sam's Club gas, Dollar Store, then Food Lion, before heading home. All but two stops were uneventful. A fella at the other gas pump struck up a convo about the newly loosened restrictions in GA. He tapped his pocket indicating CC, and I explained my preference for the deterrent nature of OC.

And at FL, the sweet Latino lady behind me at checkout motioned toward my Taurus and with a nervous smile and worried expression said, "I scared!" I reassured her, "Don't be scared, this is only for bad guys. You're not a bad guy, are you?" "Nooo!", she grinned. She later smiled and waved goodbye as we crossed paths again in the parking lot.

μολών λαβέ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yep - We kept each other up to date and spread the message far and wide that responsible people can and do take an active stance in personal protection. Was a busy day regarding the latter. :)