• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For all of you fathers, and sons of fathers

Dave Workman

Fathers and sons, and why we remember

My father passed away so many years ago that he seems like a distant memory of a stranger, yet I see him in the eyes of my younger son, who bears a striking resemblance to my dad when he was a young man, photographed somewhere in Eastern Washington holding a bolt-action .22-caliber rifle that occupies a place of honor today in my modest little gun locker.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/fathers-and-sons-and-why-we-remember

Aryk45XD

Thank you.

This article of yours was very close to home and I appreciate it. I buried both of my grandfathers just before moving here. They were the most honorable and humble hard working men I have yet to meet.

Uber_Olafsun

That hit home since my grandfather on my dads side passed away before I could really know him and the one on my mothers side is having major issues with health to include mental issues. Also that on Monday I just became a father myself to a wonderful 9lb 5oz baby boy. Must not waste time with each of them.

Aryk45XD

That hit home since my grandfather on my dads side passed away before I could really know him and the one on my mothers side is having major issues with health to include mental issues. Also that on Monday I just became a father myself to a wonderful 9lb 5oz baby boy. Must not waste time with each of them.

Congratulations!