• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help?

M

McX

any further info on this situation? anyone on the freedom of information request?

Outdoorsman1

My car is White.....

Even if not legally required, I will be informing any LEO (early on) with a loud (calm) clear voice that I am an open carrier and am legally open carrying my firearming holstered on my right hip... as in... don't shoot me...

With voice recorder turned on.

Outdoorsman1

Interceptor_Knight

My car is White.....

Even if not legally required, I will be informing any LEO (early on) with a loud (calm) clear voice that I am an open carrier and am legally open carrying my firearming holstered on my right hip... as in... don't shoot me...

With voice recorder turned on.

Outdoorsman1

I sincerely hope that works out for you. Without a permit though, what you are openly advocating is breaking the law.

Outdoorsman1

I sincerely hope that works out for you. Without a permit though, what you are openly advocating is breaking the law.

I am thinking that even with a permit it would be a good idea.... I know I know...with the permit it's the law....

Without a permit.. well we will just have to see... as I said in another post (or maybe it wasn't me typing it) I am done with all the bullpoop and will take my chance OC'ing in a vehicle per the changes in the statute 167.... So far all the LEO encounters I have had in my area have been good ones... I am betting on that being the case if the future... or maybe this is all moot as I might not even have an LEO stop.... If I do, I will let you know how it turns out. This also might be my evil twin on my computer. Him and I (or I amd him) (we) are gonna have a talk about unauthorized comtuer usage...

I (we) are also done with this never ending story....

Thank you for your concern... it has not gone un-noticed.

Edited to add... We forgot to SNIP what we were refering to when we posted the Let LEO know we are carrying thing... here it is...

These cops over reacted to the point of "almost" lethal force. Are they for real? What is going to happen when we drive around with our guns VISIBLE and LOADED after November 1st (with those pesky permits of course)?? How many people are going to be murdered by the police when an open carry person gets out of his/her car with a visible gun in holster?

Outdoorsmen1

Last edited:

hardballer

Spoke with an officer tonight about this very thing. He said he would ask at a traffic stop. I said why, bad guys will carry anyway. He said that he did not want to draw down on an innocent person but if he sees a gun without warning, his gun is clearing leather.

I am not advocating this behavior but I definitely understand and coppers position.

JerryD

where's all the newspaper stories about this?

it couldnt possibly have happened unless it makes the news according to many here.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
The Difference Is It Happened To The Actual Person Who Started This Thread.

where's all the newspaper stories about this?

it couldnt possibly have happened unless it makes the news according to many here.

Wisconsin P.I. has been given advice about this event and is abiding by it. Good choice.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
yea, i'm not interested in paying a lawyer MORE, when I haven't done anything wrong, they're winning in a way, costing me money. They've seized my gun, they took both serial numbers and ran them, thats taking my personal information, they had guns in my face and were screaming, i thought i was going to get shot, all for nothing. All I'm doing is making people aware of it, it's ********, it's still going on.

I'm just replying to add that Federal Civil Rights Lawsuits have fee-shifting provisions. I'm sure people are already on top of this and working for you but just thought I'd post this for info. Fee-shifting basically means loser pays. There are lawyers out there that will work for some of the money awarded if you win as long as they think there is a good chance you will win the case.