• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Patriot's Response to OC Ban

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Change came after 40,000 blacks boycotted the bus system. Do likewise. 1 year in jail and $1000 in fines for OC!? Let them try that with 40,000 men demanding their God-given rights with the faculty to resist. Seriously, 1 man open carrying in a supermarket is a target, but 40,000 men....not even the 1st Marine Division at Pendleton can disrupt your declaration of rights!

If there were 40,000 open carriers in California, I doubt that AB144 would have crossed the Governors desk with his signature. The problem is that there are about 400-500 statewide who carried with regularity, and that they are not well recieved even in the gun community. It is a testement however, that these few people were able to engender such a change that more than a dozen legal memos were written to educate various departments and instigate a legislative response.

mjones

Calguns.net Statistics
Threads: 434,722, Posts: 6,686,974, Members: 92,582, Active Members: 20,117

I think it would be a fair estimate to say that it would be hard to muster 40k gunnies in CA without limiting it to OCers...

coolusername2007

I would do whatever it took to attend such an event. The problem is that such an event would require the full support and participation of Calguns, SAF, NRA, GOC, et al...but they'll never do it.

HKcarrier

It would be amazing to get a couple hundred people to be on the capital lawn as the law became in effect.... UOCing at midnight the day before the law took effect to illustrate how you go from being regular every day people to criminals via the stroke of a pen.... also would be interesting to see if the po-po is waiting to disarm you all....

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
It would be amazing to get a couple hundred people to be on the capital lawn as the law became in effect.... UOCing at midnight the day before the law took effect to illustrate how you go from being regular every day people to criminals via the stroke of a pen.... also would be interesting to see if the po-po is waiting to disarm you all....

The state Capitol is a state park- weapons are prohibited on the grounds. Im certain that Sacramento PD would be happy to oblige such a demonstration by arresting you for a new misdemeanor.

Save Our State

The state Capitol is a state park- weapons are prohibited on the grounds. Im certain that Sacramento PD would be happy to oblige such a demonstration by arresting you for a new misdemeanor.

I do believe holding an event at the state capitol with guns can be permitted, 'cause I've seen them before, although they must be cleared and inspected by the CHP. I am not sure how the new law might factor into this though

HKcarrier

Being that I"m not in Cali, I don't know that... but it was just an example anyways... replace capital with "historic gathering place" or "noted protest area" or "place to get you a lot of attention"

hgreen

I believe there are exceptions for parades and other "official/sanctioned" events for both school zone law and probably open carry restrictions.

Just get a parade permit and you're good. Otherwise how do all the armed service parades or ROTC marches happen? You just got to play their games.

coolusername2007

Some of those quotes you listed aren't mine. I fully understand what you are suggesting. This wouldn't be a "parade". This would be a full on "you won't be disarming me" demonstration with thousands of law-abiding handgun and long gun owners LOC'ing. Expect snipers, swat and maybe even the national guard. This wouldn't be another UOC free speech gig, but an anti-disarmament, true 2A gig.

My prediction...it'll never come to pass because not a single 2A rights organizations would be a part of it.

Save Our State

You missed my point entirely, sir. I would not allow them to E-check me, fine me, arrest me, or anything else. Nor would I be asking for a permit. I would - while maintaining the faculty to resist - peacefully stand my ground, assert my rights, and force California to answer to the US people, media, and government.

The CHP and the Sac PD could muster the necessary forces to arrest up to as many carriers as we could ask to do this. The governor could summon the guard as well

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The CHP and the Sac PD could muster the necessary forces to arrest up to as many carriers as we could ask to do this. The governor could summon the guard as well

I agree. To those who disagree: Two words: Tear gas. Two more: Rubber pellets. Last two: Rodney King. The police are equipped to disband large crowds of people if necessary. I doubt enough people in California would get together to actually become a challenge for the police.

Last edited:

Save Our State

The police and military are hopelessly unimaginative. You know their tactics. React accordingly.

I would rather go into this with the support of the police. I personally don't want to fight with law enforcement. They don't have much in the way of choices. We come with arms; they are trained to defend. that's their job. If they stand down, they get fired. I'd like to look for more creative methods first, and try to find ways to allow them NOT to arrest us. I think what you're suggesting is hey-diddle-diddle; straight-up-the-middle. Quite frankly, we don't have the infrastructure or numbers in place to employ such a strategy

Save Our State

You've been working with the police and educating the public for 50 years. How's that working for Californians?

There have been successes. California could have been saved early on, but the feds worked against us. The arena has widened now. I can say that educating has actually kept things from being much worse in some regards.

Robin47

Well I was suggesting peaceful, armed demonstrations and purposefully avoided discussing tactics or "shaping the battlefield" on open forum.

You are right that up the middle would be a catastrophe. Do something else. You are wrong, however, to think the police will ever work with you. It's a Milgram's Experiment kinda thing: They're not evil; they just don't do what's right under authority.

You've been working with the police and educating the public for 50 years. How's that working for Californians?

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, Sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable; and let it come! I repeat, Sir, let it come!" -- Patrick Henry

It has taken them, slowly around 30 years now to get people to believe in "Case Law", now that is
what they use at a judges discretion.
He now makes the rules as they go.

The law is no longer based on the Constitution and Common law, but has been replaced by
"Case Law Precedence".
So that's what happend to the people of California.
The oath that the Authority, takes is no longer binding, because they have joined a Corporation
or a department, which also belongs to the same Corporation.
Its about money, power and control.
I know its sad :(
And there's not one congressman to help us, in the whole state.
Why has not one taken up the cause of Constitutional Carry, Its our right !

Its like a sinking ship when the hole in it is to big to patch, its time to find a life vest
or life boat before you drown.

Sad day in Kali :( Robin47

FMCDH

Some of those quotes you listed aren't mine. I fully understand what you are suggesting. This wouldn't be a "parade". This would be a full on "you won't be disarming me" demonstration with thousands of law-abiding handgun and long gun owners LOC'ing. Expect snipers, swat and maybe even the national guard. This wouldn't be another UOC free speech gig, but an anti-disarmament, true 2A gig.

My prediction...it'll never come to pass because not a single 2A rights organizations would be a part of it.

+1

Thats because the 2A rights groups know they have more to gain at this point through judicious use of the justice system then by civil disobedience of this type.

Folks can UOC long guns all they want, but the Cali legislature will not bend, they simply don't have to because they have the popular support so common in a nanny state where most the population has been scared into submission.

What the Cali legislature doesn't have IMHO, is a legal leg to stand on when push comes to shove. They know it, but they really have nothing to loose by going this route. They figure that at worst, the courts will overturn AB 144 and they will be right back where they started, with the joke of UOC. But then they will all be able to hug each-other and say to their scared fawning public "we tried, but the big bad evil gun lobby did it again".

Make no mistake, they consider this situation to be win or win for them.

The only way they DON'T win, is if the courts decide that "shall issue" CC must become the law of the land, because the last thing they want is give up control of the elitist CWP system.

Honestly, I just don't see the courts deciding that way. I figure you will get UOC back in a year or two after the lawsuits start hitting the courts.