• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You want a conviction or not? State chemist faked results 40 thousand cases

davidmcbeth

Banned
Not surprising really. But 40,000 cases? They should ALL be released and apologized to if they were locked up because of her.

I contacted my state's medical examiner and went to examine their test methods etc. They use outside labs, as they all do. I asked for audits of the labs .. ooops, they have never done them. Such sloppy work.

davidmcbeth

Banned
This is why I would enjoy jury duty. Not-guilty because I don't trust the lab results.

This is why under State of Mass. v. Melendez-Diaz (same freaking state, right?) SCOTUS allows a defendant the right to cross laboratory folks.

No wonder the State of Mass. in the SCOTUS case did not want their labs being examined...they must have known what was going on.

BrianB

I remember during the OJ Simpson trial learning that, in California, committing perjury in a capital case was itself a capital crime. While it would have been nice to see Mark Furhman charged with a capital felony for his perjury, I wasn't going to hold my breath.

In same vein as California's "capital perjury" statute, I think when people perjure themselves in an attempt to get a conviction in a criminal case, the punishment should always be whatever the punishment would be for the accused if convicted. If that standard were applied here, this woman would never see the outside of a prison for the rest of her life. That would be something at least approaching "justice".

sudden valley gunner

Forensic science is misnamed it is more of an art, and the artist appeal to those who will pay them, who has more funds the state with the almost unlimited funds stolen form the citizenry or someone from an inner city neighborhood?