• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unreasonable search and siezure after work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HPmatt

What kind of benefit do you believe you get by being compliant because of the "I have nothing to hide" or the "let me just get out of here" attitude?

Think bigger picture.

Unless you are one of those who want their rights but not enough to actually work for it as long as you are not bothered?

+1

Limedust

I don't know; I haven't had any run-ins with the police.

Anyhow, to answer your other ostensible question . . . I'm utilitarian about most things, including exercising or thinking I'm exercising my rights. I imagine I'd weigh wasting my time by behaving petulantly to prove a point to myself versus the benefit of not doing so and choose accordingly.

PistolPackingMomma

I don't know; I haven't had any run-ins with the police.

Anyhow, to answer your other ostensible question . . . I'm utilitarian about most things, including exercising or thinking I'm exercising my rights. I imagine I'd weigh wasting my time by behaving petulantly to prove a point to myself versus the benefit of not doing so and choose accordingly.

Why do you automatically equate the exercising of rights with petulance and proving a point?

Limedust

Why do you automatically equate the exercising of rights with petulance and proving a point?

I don't. Throwing keys into ditches, treating people (including Police Officers) disrespectfully, and cutting one's nose off to spite his face is petulant.

I suppose assuming combative and/or belligerent stances can be and has been effective from time to time. I do things differently, is all, particularly when there's no upside to causing myself or another any trouble.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I don't. Throwing keys into ditches, treating people (including Police Officers) disrespectfully, and cutting one's nose off to spite his face is petulant.

I suppose assuming combative and/or belligerent stances can be and has been effective from time to time. I do things differently, is all, particularly when there's no upside to causing myself or another any trouble.

I am respectful as long as they are ... once they are not, I am not.

And sometimes, depending on the car design you have to toss your keys due to stupid key fobs & door opener technology; if your key is in your pocket near the door one can open the locked door with some cars.

I lock my door when I exit .. they want to get in it? Break the glass and leave evidence of a forceful entry.

Aww, I treated a cop poorly...that's-a too bad. Its not like I clunk them over the head...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Exercise your rights, defend them........or lose them. Most often, it really is that simple.

PistolPackingMomma

When has anyone here advocated "throwing keys in ditches" or "combative, belligerent stances"?

Seems like you are using hyperbole to exaggerate a point no one was arguing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

There is lot of negativity there.

Being responsible and politely assertive of one's rights (the proper order of things) is not disrespectful, combative or belligerent. Neither is cooperating to make your life more difficult a reasonable course of action.

Most enounters are not contentious and I will not hold court on the street. I will politely express my position and follow through as indicated/necessary.

Can't see why anyone would take exception to that. ymmv.

Limedust

When has anyone here advocated "throwing keys in ditches" or "combative, belligerent stances"?

Seems like you are using hyperbole to exaggerate a point no one was arguing.

It may seem that way, but I'm referring to a dialogue that was posted by another member in this thread . . . I'm not saying that any of you advocated it. Most have advocated reasonable responses to the OPs question.

Ease up people. You're wound awfully tight. :).

Limedust

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

We'll quoted . . . And I would remind Mr. Goldwater that he got his ass handed to him shortly after he said that. ;)

1245A Defender

Well,,,

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!"

We'll quoted . . . And I would remind Mr. Goldwater that he got his ass handed to him shortly after he said that. ;)

Does Not make it Less TRUE!!!

Fuller Malarkey

IMO many of our OCDO issues, root and branch, stem from uncritical reading.

Very true. We need to take advantage of every opportunity to improve our ability to get our message across. As important is learning to craft our thoughts into posts in a manner that some can not take our messages out of context and destroy our efforts.

Primus's responses are a good example. He frequently seizes on a partial sentence and runs with it like a puppy with a sock. Effectively stating your position doesn't give the anti's like Primus openings and "gotchas". Some think my posts verbose, and they sometimes are. They also leave Primus no openings for his signature "what you are saying is...", "well, that means you......". It is the lack of openings for him to engage in his nonsense that burns his ass more than the truths I post. He can't counter them. It limits his ability to use fallacies. Note Primus rarely deals in truth. Mostly, Primus relies on his ability to take your post out of context. Leave no openings and Primus disappears.

Mean what you say and say what you mean and always work on improving that skill. Rarely is one of "us" wrong about what we post. It's that the way we post, the structure of our thoughts and posts leaves too many openings for predators like Primus to exploit. Never, ever underestimate the lows an anti will stoop to. Some take pride in their ability to deceive. Some have their pay grade determined by their ability to distort your thoughts, and they come here with an agenda: Hopes that by distorting and dismissing your concerns you will become frustrated and quit, and instill doubt in those who've come for information and support.

Take no offense to the efforts of those willing to help us improve our ability to think and carry our message. You can believe the anti's have their resources.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Interesting perspective.

So. What police department are you with?

Primus

Very true. We need to take advantage of every opportunity to improve our ability to get our message across. As important is learning to craft our thoughts into posts in a manner that some can not take our messages out of context and destroy our efforts.

Primus's responses are a good example. He frequently seizes on a partial sentence and runs with it like a puppy with a sock. Effectively stating your position doesn't give the anti's like Primus openings and "gotchas". Some think my posts verbose, and they sometimes are. They also leave Primus no openings for his signature "what you are saying is...", "well, that means you......". It is the lack of openings for him to engage in his nonsense that burns his ass more than the truths I post. He can't counter them. It limits his ability to use fallacies. Note Primus rarely deals in truth. Mostly, Primus relies on his ability to take your post out of context. Leave no openings and Primus disappears.

Mean what you say and say what you mean and always work on improving that skill. Rarely is one of "us" wrong about what we post. It's that the way we post, the structure of our thoughts and posts leaves too many openings for predators like Primus to exploit. Never, ever underestimate the lows an anti will stoop too. Some take pride in their ability to deceive. Some have their pay grade determined by their ability to distort your thoughts, and they come here with an agenda: Hopes that by distorting and dismissing your concerns you will become frustrated and quit, and instill doubt in those who've come for information and support.

Take no offense to the efforts of those willing to help us improve our ability to think and carry our message. You can believe the anti's have their resources.

Reported.

More tread derailment. While I'm flattered by your obsession with me, it really affects the threads you go on a rant in. This thread isn't about me. In fact I'm pretty sure I haven't even posted much in this one.

Yet you feel the need/want/ desire to drag me into it and bash.

The saddest part is its false. Your the ONE person on this forum I don't need to even try to look for any "loopholes" in their argument. Your posts are usually so useless I just quote them and let others see for themselves. You've been moderated so many times and even called out by OTHER members for "hitting below the belt" or other forms of ass hattery.

And for the record the only thing I'm "anti" is simply anti-hate.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Limedust

There is not a spit of difference between the effect of the progressive Democrat and Republican parties, the good cop - bad cop shtick routine on a grand scale.

Only The Constitution Party represents America's conservative Country Class against the progressive Ruling Party. Progressivesm is the political bowel movement to make-things-better, damn the unintended consequences.

Your missing comma is the difference between offense and addressing the dead that don't care.

Hmm. I have no idea what you're trying to say. There is an errant apostrophe in there, but I'm not missing a comma. The elipsis indicated the pause between thoughts and I didn't intend to use the coordinating conjuction as a clause as I was trying to imitate a colloquial syntax.

"Progressivism is the political bowel movement . . . ." Is that Lincoln?

Anyhow, it seems that the thread has been derailed somewhat. Apologies to the OP. Over'n out.

The Big Guy

Hmm. I have no idea what you're trying to say. There is an errant apostrophe in there, but I'm not missing a comma. The elipsis indicated the pause between thoughts and I didn't intend to use the coordinating conjuction as a clause as I was trying to imitate a colloquial syntax.

"Progressivism is the political bowel movement . . . ." Is that Lincoln?

Anyhow, it seems that the thread has been derailed somewhat. Apologies to the OP. Over'n out.

Somewhat? By the time I looked through all this verbose rattle I had to go back to the top to remember what the thread was about.

TBG

Primus

Typical response. More whining. I've raised hogs and am familiar with the tactic. Squeal sooo loud the objective of doing anything with the pig is abandoned.

Try addressing any one of my contentions in the post that left you so emotionally scarred.
You operate primarily by the use of logical fallacies, sometimes utilizing several in one sentence. When called out in a manner you can't evade, you abandon the thread, which I contend has done more to derail topics the past few months than all other posters combined.

Speak to that, oh thin skinned one.

None of your contentions have anything to do with the OP or this thread. Its just more useless drivel. I've already done more then I should to feed your addiction by even responding at all.

You called me an anti and said I jump on single lines and run with it.

Do you want to play a "yessaa noossaaaa yeasaaaa nnooosssaa" game?

Go for it. I'm all set.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.