• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lets try to get all parks in NV CCW friendly.

teammazza

The city park by my house has a no guns or weapons of any kind sign. I went in front of the city council and presented my case for allowing CCW in city parks. They weren't having it and even told me their ordinance could stand up to legal challenge. I would love to put that to the test. Is anybody working on this? And do you need help?

wrightme

This website is dedicated to Open Carry, not CCW...........

Your efforts here to acheive your stated goals may meet with a dearth of support.

Vegassteve

The city park by my house has a no guns or weapons of any kind sign. I went in front of the city council and presented my case for allowing CCW in city parks. They weren't having it and even told me their ordinance could stand up to legal challenge. I would love to put that to the test. Is anybody working on this? And do you need help?

As you were told in the other forum we are working on park carry. Do a search of this forum and you will see it.

teammazza

Ive been trying to find it

As you were told in the other forum we are working on park carry. Do a search of this forum and you will see it.

Just trying to help, now I see why new gun owners hate going into gun shops or talking to gun snobs. They get talked down to and so called "gun no-it-alls " try to make them feel stupid.

wrightme

Just trying to help, now I see why new gun owners hate going into gun shops or talking to gun snobs. They get talked down to and so called "gun no-it-alls " try to make them feel stupid.
So, do you not see the incongruity of requesting assistance from open carry advocates, in limiting park carry to concealed firarms?

teammazza

l would love either CCW or OC in city parks.

I didn't mean to alienate any OC people, I would love if both CCW and OC were allowed in city parks. The more OC the better.

28kfps

This website is dedicated to Open Carry, not CCW...........

Your efforts here to acheive your stated goals may meet with a dearth of support.

This is definitely an open carry site however do you really believe his goals would be meet with a dearth of support? (Had to look the meaning of dearth up.)
Pro gun support is pro gun support. Fortunately, there are those on this form that are willing to inform and help ambitious pro gun supporters with open carry ideas and views. Creating mutual gun support will when the battle.

wrightme

This is definitely an open carry site however do you really believe his goals would be meet with a dearth of support? (Had to look the meaning of dearth up.)
Pro gun support is pro gun support. Fortunately, there are those on this form that are willing to inform and help ambitious pro gun supporters with open carry ideas and views. Creating mutual gun support will when the battle.

Yes. He presented a case for CCW in parks, and not OC in parks. The way it was worded did lead me to believe he presented this case as an alternative to OC, not as a case for OC/CCW in parks.
He did restate his case to show he supports OC also, which increases the likelihood of support from OC proponents.
The city park by my house has a no guns or weapons of any kind sign. I went in front of the city council and presented my case for allowing CCW in city parks.
The goal of many in this forum is to have the municipalities brought into accord with state law, and not to create more patchwork regulation for Clark County and LV.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Any victory in the war against the anti gun crowd is a victory for us all. We will never restore our rights in one fell swoop. We will win by taking a page from the anti's playbook, victory comes one piece at a time.

teammazza: write your views to county officials. Tell them that you support individual rights. Tell them that as a member of the shooting community that you will not support the County Shooting Park, or anything else county owned and run until they obey the law and support individual freedoms.

TBG

nomidlname

AB 282 is a pro-gun omnibus measure that will:

ensure that Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) permit holders’ names and addresses remain confidential;
revise Nevada state law to allow the carrying of any semi-automatic pistol, like you can with a revolver, once you have qualified for a CCW permit with a semi-automatic pistol;

allow carrying of firearms in Nevada state parks; and

statutorily mandate a background investigation (which is currently being done by all Nevada sheriffs) for CCW permit renewals for the purpose of reinstating the National Instant Background Check System (NICS) exemption for Nevada, thus ensuring that permit holders do not have to go through a point-of-contact check for every firearm purchased, as long as the CCW permit is valid

It was signed in to law and takes effect on July 1st.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have been working hard on the parks issue. I Just recieved a NORA response yesterday. I am willing to listen to teamazza or anyone else for that matter as far as strategy goes. I see why he was scrutinized, however I think the fact that he went to the City Council speaks.... and we should support him for it, that takes Courage. Thanks teamazza

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have been working hard on the parks issue. I Just recieved a NORA response yesterday. I am willing to listen to teamazza or anyone else for that matter as far as strategy goes. I see why he was scrutinized, however I think the fact that he went to the City Council speaks.... and we should support him for it, that takes Courage. Thanks teamazza

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I am heading to an Atty's office, I will ask about the fact that we are forced to pay for parks that we cannot use because our rights are restricted on property. I believe that would take a Class action Lawsuite.

Last edited:

28kfps

Yes. He presented a case for CCW in parks, and not OC in parks. The way it was worded did lead me to believe he presented this case as an alternative to OC, not as a case for OC/CCW in parks.
He did restate his case to show he supports OC also, which increases the likelihood of support from OC proponents.

The goal of many in this forum is to have the municipalities brought into accord with state law, and not to create more patchwork regulation for Clark County and LV.

I agree patchwork regulations drives me nuts. However, the anti’s gun movement 25 years or so ago thought they would be able to bulldoze gun owners with bold blanket anti gun laws. This did not work and they took on what I will call a nibble tactic. Nibble away at the laws. I am of the opinion any reversal is a success even if it is a partial win.
For the most part, we are singing the same song with some variations.

Last edited:

teammazza

No problem, every gun owner should be doing something to further gun rights. I think CCW and OC people should put their differences aside and work together, fighting each other will accomplish nothing. I will be going in front of the city council again soon if anyone wants to meet me there just let me know. It will be a struggle getting rid of these stupid ordinances and laws against gun owners, but we are on the right side.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I have recieved some "revealing" information, regarding the parks. I would like to sit down with interested party's and strategize the best methods of engagement. PM me if you do not have my Phone number please.

Vegassteve

Here is a response a guy on the Nevada shooters site just got.

"For the safety and security of patrons, fire arms are prohibited in all
Clark County parks with the exception of the newly opened Shooting Park.
I would invite you to visit this facility which hosts a rifle/pistol
range, shotgun center and archery area. More information on this venue
can be found at:
http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/dep...es/Shooting_Pa
rk.aspx

If I can provide further information, please feel free to contact me.

Jane Pike
Director
Clark County Parks and Recreation"

When I pressed further and requested written permission, this was her reply:

"You are correct. "Clark County Parks and Recreation Rules and
Regulations", which are authorized by Clark County Ordinance 19.04.060,
do allow individuals the ability to carry and possess firearms in Clark
County parks with the written approval of the Director of Parks and
Recreation or his/her designee. As I indicated previously, for the
safety and security of patrons, the only park facility where such
permission has been granted is the Clark County Shooting Park. I would
be happy to speak with you further should you have additional questions.

Jane Pike
Director
Clark County Parks and Recreation
2601 E. Sunset Road
Las Vegas, NV 89120
702/455-8822"

Vegassteve

So if this is truly the case of permission granting. And they still want to deny state law we may have something here. We all ask permission then when denied which is against state law, we file a lawsuit.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
So if this is truly the case of permission granting. And they still want to deny state law we may have something here. We all ask permission then when denied which is against state law, we file a lawsuit.

There is a trap in here! If you apply for permission, you admit that they have the authority to apply their rules.

What would be better is to just OC, then sue when they attempt to deny your rights under state law.

If you guys down in the Sharp End really want to jingle-jangle, set up an "OC in the Park" day, where you get a couple of folks (especially women) to OC in every park at the same time on the same day. Hand out pamphlets, while someone else (at a distance, unobserved) is making video of people's reactions and the expected LEO encounters. Wireless mikes could really come in handy, too. Advise the cops when they make contact that they are being recorded, and display little audio recorders (don't tell them about the video or the mikes).