• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So it begins

hgreen

Wait, you mean he wasn't shot by the cops, thrown to the ground, arrested, beat up???

What happened to all those anti-LGOC folks' predicitons??

Looks like a normal California OC encounter.

markm

Wow!

That guy did a great job!

Except for ascerting his rights, the OCers only dialogue was to ask questions of LEO. He got the LEO to admit to an un-Constitutional detention.

The back-up LEO was scared. He does not deserve to wear a badge. He must be in law enforcement to get his pension at 50; not to arrest BGs.

In my 51 years I haved learned that most LEO would rather harass the law-abiding then go arrest bad guys. The law-abiding are not dangerous. This is not cop-bashing, just my opinion based on events that I have witnessed, or been involved with during my life.

The poodle was a great prop. What criminal would walk their poody while preparing to commit a crime?

markm

Last edited:

markm

Wait, you mean he wasn't shot by the cops, thrown to the ground, arrested, beat up???

What happened to all those anti-LGOC folks' predicitons??

Looks like a normal California OC encounter.

+1

markm

MilProGuy

Carrying an unloaded AR15...it'll do for show, but won't be much help unloaded if he has to use it for self-defense.

markm

Carrying an unloaded AR15...it'll do for show, but won't be much help unloaded if he has to use it for self-defense.

Hey MilProGuy,

The UOC movement in Kali is more of a 1A movement than a self-defense issue. With 626.9 carrying for self defense is not viable for working class folks; only for LEO, democrat politicians, and trust-fund kids. Focussing on self-defense in Kali is to miss the point. We are involved in a hot political war; and we are losing!

Thanks for your input from a free-state.

markm

MilProGuy

And I thank you, markm, for taking the time to post a cohesive and civil explanation of what's going on in your area.

I'll be following this movement with great interest.

HKcarrier

For ULGOC... as dumb as this sounds... I was wondering if there would be some sort of way to mount a sliding bracket of some sort (sort of like a drawer) to attach the mag to the rifle, but have it be about 1" clear of the mag well... so that if needed, the loaded mag would just be slapped into the gun as it is alreayd held in the "ready" position by the telescoping or sliding bracket.... but from a technical standpoint, but rifle would be unloaded...

Just a brain storm... or maybe a brain fart. :D

marinepilot81

I, too, share suspicion of men walking poodles, but that Brown Shirt had no reason to draw his weapon. I searched but could not find if there was a statue governing when an officer may escalate force during a stop?

Under what logic can a Brown Shirt say "we told him he wasn't detained, but then decided that him walking away was reason enough to detain him"?!?!?!

Thank God you weren't walking a Dachshund.

Lawful Aim

I caught your post after this but just wanted to add- There are plenty of scenarios to which unloaded open carry would still be an asset. One is more likely to be within a danger zone of a detrimental situation before becoming an actual target. Looking at incidents in which a bad guy begins shooting, there are more people in the vicinity that have time to react than there are those who are immediately targeted.

wewd

There's a lot of case law to support the notion that a weapon drawn by an officer constitutes a de facto arrest. Of course an officer cannot even detain someone without RAS of a crime being committed, and the officers clearly stated that he was being detained.

TaIk2Kevin

I use the Term Weapon

I LOVE the message that he is giving.. I just wish he would NOT use the word WEAPON. Call it a gun, or a firearm, but WEAPON has negative connotations.

I use the term "weapon". "Guns" are the big things on ships. small arms arms are "weapons". I think all the branches of the military use this terminology. I know the Army does.
(Former Army)