• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prominent anti-gun delegate trying to regain law license

TFred

Saw this on the interwebz tonight.

TFred

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2378179

RICHMOND, Va. - Delegate Joseph D. Morrissey says he has met all the requirements set by the Virginia Supreme Court to regain his law license.

The Richmond Times-Dispatch (http://bit.ly/vjcCBo) reports that Morrissey filed documents with the court Wednesday seeking reinstatement of his law license.

va_tazdad

ABA says no

The ABA advised against "fighting Joe" being given back his law license due to the adverse publicity he brought to the profession. Between his courtroom arrests for fighting and contempt and his lies after he lost his license and was running around the world attempting to “teach”, the American Bar Association recommended that he not be given it back.

Joe is the epitome of lawyer jokes about them being bottom feeders. Not all lawyers are like USER !!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The ABA advised against "fighting Joe" being given back his law license due to the adverse publicity he brought to the profession. Between his courtroom arrests for fighting and contempt and his lies after he lost his license and was running around the world attempting to “teach”, the American Bar Association recommended that he not be given it back.

Joe is the epitome of lawyer jokes about them being bottom feeders. Not all lawyers are like USER !!!

Comparing User is unfairly setting the bar (Pun intended) beyond the reach of most lawyers, but Joe Morrissey is at the very bottom of the bottom feeding class.....and he keeps getting elected to things.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Joe is very good at promoting himself..........whatever the evidence might be. Singular purpose and singularly an embarrassment to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
It would be interesting to know if "fightin' Joe" has a CCW. I wouldn't put such gross hypocrisy out of the question. If so, shouldn't it be revoked in view of his inappropriate and provocative behavior? Just thinking....

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It would be interesting to know if "fightin' Joe" has a CCW. I wouldn't put such gross hypocrisy out of the question. If so, shouldn't it be revoked in view of his inappropriate and provocative behavior? Just thinking....

He did not last year when I checked!

va_tazdad

Don't think so

Whereas he "lost" 2 fully automatic machine pistols while he was CA, I doubt Henrico would find him trustworthy enough to CC. He "lost" the first one out of his office closet and the second one from his back seat of his car. Seems simple locks are beyond his ability to comprehend.

Then there is his “hair trigger” temper. It got him locked up and disbarred for fighting in court. Would you find him acceptable if you had to make the call? I think that would disqualify him without question.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Whereas he "lost" 2 fully automatic machine pistols while he was CA, I doubt Henrico would find him trustworthy enough to CC. He "lost" the first one out of his office closet and the second one from his back seat of his car. Seems simple locks are beyond his ability to comprehend.

Then there is his “hair trigger” temper. It got him locked up and disbarred for fighting in court. Would you find him acceptable if you had to make the call? I think that would disqualify him without question.

While I'm fairly confident the argument would prevail that Joe does not qualify for a CHP based on Section 13, I'd hate to try and get the sheriff, chief of police or attorney for the Commoneralth to proactively take the matter before the Circuit Court judge. Not because I think they would not prevail, but because I am afraid that Joe would come after me for having submitted the required written statement.

13. An individual who the court finds, by a preponderance of the evidence, based on specific acts by the applicant, is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth may submit to the court a sworn written statement indicating that, in the opinion of such sheriff, chief of police, or attorney for the Commonwealth, based upon a disqualifying conviction or upon the specific acts set forth in the statement, the applicant is likely to use a weapon unlawfully or negligently to endanger others. The statement of the sheriff, chief of police, or the attorney for the Commonwealth shall be based upon personal knowledge of such individual or of a deputy sheriff, police officer, or assistant attorney for the Commonwealth of the specific acts, or upon a written statement made under oath before a notary public of a competent person having personal knowledge of the specific acts.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And the ultimate bottom feeder has been released on the public again.
Some would say that he is the consummate professional.

4d9ed95f3fa3d.jpg

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
I don't know what is more sickening, Morrissey's execrable behavior or the craven group of "professionals" who restored his license.

Of course we all know it will only be a matter of time before "fightin' Joe" falls victim to his character deficiencies again.