• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public Invitation to Maplewood's annual "Coffee Crawl"

mspgunner

Well Mr Superlite, It looks like the pen is mightier than the sword. With all my productive Open Carry group activism events that created awareness and acceptance were squashed by one of your forum post about going to the "Coffee Crawl" that was enough to put OC up to a banning vote in the city of Maplewood. I understand you stepping out of the limelight. Just the thought of your presence apparently strikes fear in the hearts of Liberals.

Doc

Just stop posting things on the forum that you do not want the Maplewood City Council to read, they are here!

sohighlyunlikely

Hello Maplewood

Just stop posting things on the forum that you do not want the Maplewood City Council to read, they are here!

They can be here all they want. They can read all they want. I will not cower to their liberal fear mongering agenda for political gain. I will not curtail my use of free speech. Even if it for humor sake. If they want to use my words to help design laws that discourage law abiding citizens from being in Maplewood. More power to them. They will only do one thing. Even further attract a lesser clients to their city, and I will be there they have shown my kind are not welcome. All I will be able to do is pity them as their crime rate slowly rises and their businesses slowly fade away from the contributions of the new clients they have chosen to attract.

Doc

mspgunner

They can be here all they want. They can read all they want. I will not cower to their liberal fear mongering agenda for political gain. I will not curtail my use of free speech. Even if it for humor sake. If they want to use my words to help design laws that discourage law abiding citizens from being in Maplewood. More power to them. They will only do one thing. Even further attract a lesser clients to their city, and I will be there they have shown my kind are not welcome. All I will be able to do is pity them as their crime rate slowly rises and their businesses slowly fade away from the contributions of the new clients they have chosen to attract.

Doc

DOC - I was talking about what we might say collectively at the public hearing. Of course we cxan post and say any thing, but perhaps best not to tip too much as to our response or logical presentation. The battle is not over till the last shot is fired, hopefully they will se education reason and understanding.

Superlite27

Article read and comment posted. It's kind of frustrating when they make stuff up as to people's reasoning. ("In support of Mr. Darrow" HA!) I have no problem with any of them reading what I have written. My problem is their flagrant false manipulation of the facts. They claim the invitation was "in support of Mr. Darrow". Complete fabrication. If they actually read what I have said in other threads, they would obviously find where I have never supported Mr. Darrow. He was entirely too confrontational. Why couldn't he have cooperated without the "tude"? I simply support Mr. Darow's RIGHTS. Solidarity. We're all OC'ers. It could have been any one of us who was stopped and harrassed. (How we handled it would probably be different) EVERYONE, regardless of whether or not I agree with their actions, deserves support for their RIGHTS.
The city council is obviously completely clueless about civil rights by their blundering municipal code frenzy, and complete ignorance about commmonly accepted laws such as brandishing. One of their council members actually believes open carry laws allow pointing firearms at people!

But don't educate them! That would be bad!

There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see.

Unfortunately for us, they're stepping all over our rights as they bumble around in the dark. At least one of them, the Faulkingham guy, seems to have a clue.

I wonder how they're going to get the people who could care less about robbery and murder to obey their OC ordinances as strictly as we law abiding folks do?

Oh well. I'll simply spend my money at other coffee establishments in other municipalities and encourage others to do the same. That way, the tax revenue from the money I spend won't support a community that wishes to purposefully stomp on law abiding citizen's rights.

Last edited:

REALteach4u

(snip) It looks like the pen is mightier than the sword. Doc

It always has been that way. What that means to freedom, Doc will likely be shaking his head yes reading this post, is that the government can remove the rights and freedoms we exercise with the stroke of a pen and without our actual consent. All they need is the motivation (reason) to do so, in most cases it's monetary or for political gain.

How? They were elected to represent us and act with our interests in mind, or so many will claim. Fact is our own politicians tend to consider us as ignorant, stupid/dumb, and incapable of tending to ourselves all while forgetting that they are one of us, which makes them even more ignorant, stupid/dumb, and incapapable as they are attempting to tend to themselves AND others. The phrase "of the people, by the people, for the people" from the Declaration of Independence comes to mind here.

Last edited:

nrepuyan

Article read and comment posted. It's kind of frustrating when they make stuff up as to people's reasoning. ("In support of Mr. Darrow" HA!) I have no problem with any of them reading what I have written. My problem is their flagrant false manipulation of the facts. They claim the invitation was "in support of Mr. Darrow". Complete fabrication. If they actually read what I have said in other threads, they would obviously find where I have never supported Mr. Darrow. He was entirely too confrontational. Why couldn't he have cooperated without the "tude"? I simply support Mr. Darow's RIGHTS. Solidarity. We're all OC'ers. It could have been any one of us who was stopped and harrassed. (How we handled it would probably be different) EVERYONE, regardless of whether or not I agree with their actions, deserves support for their RIGHTS.
The city council is obviously completely clueless about civil rights by their blundering municipal code frenzy, and complete ignorance about commmonly accepted laws such as brandishing. One of their council members actually believes open carry laws allow pointing firearms at people!

But don't educate them! That would be bad!

There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see.

Unfortunately for us, they're stepping all over our rights as they bumble around in the dark. At least one of them, the Faulkingham guy, seems to have a clue.

I wonder how they're going to get the people who could care less about robbery and murder to obey their OC ordinances as strictly as we law abiding folks do?

Oh well. I'll simply spend my money at other coffee establishments in other municipalities and encourage others to do the same. That way, the tax revenue from the money I spend won't support a community that wishes to purposefully stomp on law abiding citizen's rights.

journalists who try to play all knowing lawyer, while journaling always = twisted and manipulated "facts", there should be suits and consequences for them and not helping any situation by publishing ill researched material and not getting it correct the first time.

kcgunfan

So St. Louis cabal members, there is no OC in Maplewood any more. Does anyone feel like going to their Coffee Crawl CC with the 1mm shirts? Do you think that would be an appropriate way to tweak their nose?

nrepuyan

So St. Louis cabal members, there is no OC in Maplewood any more. Does anyone feel like going to their Coffee Crawl CC with the 1mm shirts? Do you think that would be an appropriate way to tweak their nose?

even tho they voted to ban OC i do believe that there is like 30 days before the new vote actually goes into effect...so you could try the OC thing but would be probably the bad choice.

shirts might be appropriate.

kcgunfan

even tho they voted to ban OC i do believe that there is like 30 days before the new vote actually goes into effect...so you could try the OC thing but would be probably the bad choice.

shirts might be appropriate.

It was implemented with an emergency provision, and took effect immediately. So, trying OC would definitely be a bad choice.

mspgunner

If you want to make a statement... go ahead. I'm all for staying out of maplewood. My better half already knows about the coffee crawl and wanted to go. Hpefully she passes on it. If she decides to go.... I'm wearing the shirt but sure as heck I'm not buying any coffee in Maplewood. CCW and wear the shirt if you go. OC will get ya trip to the local hold over.

kcgunfan

If you want to make a statement... go ahead. I'm all for staying out of maplewood. My better half already knows about the coffee crawl and wanted to go. Hpefully she passes on it. If she decides to go.... I'm wearing the shirt but sure as heck I'm not buying any coffee in Maplewood. CCW and wear the shirt if you go. OC will get ya trip to the local hold over.

I'd go if it weren't at the wrong end of the state. I just wanted to restart discussions with a twist. I'd definitely wear the shirt. I guarantee I won't spend any of my money there. If I were to, I wouldn't buy any coffee anyway, I can't stand the stuff.

Really, I just think it's good to show them that law abiding citizens do carry firearms, they can do nothing about it, and there is no resulting bloodbath in the streets.

zekester

Hmm

I may go with my new shirt....but you just watch...they will make some kind of provision for this event due to the publicty and circumvent the constitution again.

Btw...I wore my shirt the other day....and I wasn't even carrying due the fact that I was going to be drinking....NOT ONE comment....I love St Charles...