• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An update and a "Thank you all!"

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I just wanted to take a quick moment to update everyone on where I am with the whole "law school" adventure.

I graduated in May and have been studying like mad for the July 23rd & 24th Virginia Bar Exam.

That is why I have been uncharacteristically silent on the forum for the last several months. But I hope to be back to my old overly-talkative self after I put down the pen on the 24th (hopefully having passed the Bar Exam on my first attempt). :uhoh:

I also want to thank everyone who pre-ordered the OCDO Challenge Coins. The manufacturer tells me they will ship to me on the 17th and I will get them out ASAP to everyone once I have them in hand. I know this is later than I had estimated but I hope they will be worth it.

Finally, I just want to give a great big "Thank you so much!" to all my friends here on the forum. You have all done so much for me personally and for gun rights and it shows every day in the news and on the street as more and more people are giving the Second Amendment the respect of a "civil right" that it deserves.

Thank you!

John

MKEgal

Administrator said:
I graduated in May and have been studying like mad for the July 23rd & 24th Virginia Bar Exam.
...OCDO Challenge Coins. The manufacturer tells me they will ship to me on the 17th and I will get them out ASAP to everyone once I have them in hand.
Worry about your studying first.
How about for every 50min of studying, you get a 10min break for necessities + packaging.
Give your mind & eyes a break. Butt too, if you stand up. :rolleyes:

pfries

I am new to the forum but,
Godspeed to you in your endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you on the forum and maybe seeing you around Town.
Pat

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I am new to the forum but,
Godspeed to you in your endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you on the forum and maybe seeing you around Town.
Pat

Thanks Pat! Are you from the Bristol TN area?

PistolPackingMomma

Congrats, good luck, and stay sane!

Hopefully when you're done, you can hang around a bit more and us newbs can get to know you a bit better :)

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats, good luck, and stay sane!

Hopefully when you're done, you can hang around a bit more and us newbs can get to know you a bit better :)

That sounds GREAT! :) <--- Said the man who just spent 3 hours doing practice MBE questions. AARRGGHH! Lol

Superlite27

Something tells me somebody is looking forward to the next time they inform an officer about the laws regarding OC and get the often sneeringly asked question:

"What do you think you are? Some kinda' attorney?"

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Something tells me somebody is looking forward to the next time they inform an officer about the laws regarding OC and get the often sneeringly asked question:

"What do you think you are? Some kinda' attorney?"

My wife said she is going to get me a shirt that says "Why Yes ... I am a civil rights attorney" :monkey

pfries

Well the pen should be down.
Do you feel good about all that has conspired?
Hopefully you can let it go and relax for a moment after all you cannot change the results now.
Rest up; I look forward to some good news from you.
Pat

since9

Campaign Veteran
I graduated in May...

Congrats!

...and have been studying like mad for the July 23rd & 24th Virginia Bar Exam.

Well? How'd you do? Or does it take a while for the results to come back? If you didn't pass the first time, don't sweat it - I hear it's a bear!

That is why I have been uncharacteristically silent on the forum for the last several months.

Delegate... :)

Finally, I just want to give a great big "Thank you so much!" to all my friends here on the forum. You have all done so much for me personally and for gun rights and it shows every day in the news and on the street as more and more people are giving the Second Amendment the respect of a "civil right" that it deserves.

I'd like to thank you for starting this forum. It's really opened my eyes to the difference between what we can legally do (a lot) and what we're "allowed" to do. Certainly has been a worthwhile pursuit for the last 2-3 years!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--
Well? How'd you do? Or does it take a while for the results to come back?

My understanding is that the results of the bar exam will not be available until October.

Looking forward to John flexing his muscles as a civil, rights attorney. :) He does smile a lot, so hold on to your wallet if you find yourself at the other table.