• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to open carry in Federal Way

Osprey1911

Hi there, just moved here from Alaska for my job and I am new to open carry. Didn't open carry often in Alaska as it's very cold most of the time I was there, and I worked summers in Texas. Looking forward to it down here. I've read a lot of the literature on this site and you guys have done a good job researching and posting stuff, makes me feel very comfortable! I'll be carrying around Federal Way and Burien quite a bit, so I'll see you all out there! :D

JoeSparky

Centurion
Hi there, just moved here from Alaska for my job and I am new to open carry. Didn't open carry often in Alaska as it's very cold most of the time I was there, and I worked summers in Texas. Looking forward to it down here. I've read a lot of the literature on this site and you guys have done a good job researching and posting stuff, makes me feel very comfortable! I'll be carrying around Federal Way and Burien quite a bit, so I'll see you all out there! :D

IF I read your post correctly is seems you are looking forward to OC'ing in Texas. Hate to break your bubble but DON'T plan on OC'ing a handgun in TEXAS as it is ILLEGAL! And several attempting to OCLG have been cited for Disorderly Conduct NO MATTER how they carry the LG or there apparent demeanor! Permit is required to conceal your HG as well.

Misread the OP. Understand NOW he is NOT refering to OC in TEXAS but rather Washington state.... OC is good to go in Washington State, but a Permit makes it easier with vehicle carry and the infamous FGFSZ.

Last edited:

decklin

Not what he said Joe.

Welcome to Washington, Osprey!
This state is beyond OC friendly. Never had a serious issue.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Not what he said Joe.

Welcome to Washington, Osprey!
This state is beyond OC friendly. Never had a serious issue.

I reread and realized I miss read the town name....

Outside of SanAntonio is a small town Van Burien.... saw the Burien and my mind must have added the VAN and Texas.... Sorry and see my edit to above!

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I reread and realized I miss read the town name....

Outside of SanAntonio is a small town Van Burien.... saw the Burien and my mind must have added the VAN and Texas.... Sorry and see my edit to above!

But, Joe, His location is Federal Way, WA……..and he is posting in the WA forum.

Now I know the '49 'rs didn't quite know the difference between Federal Way WA, and Seattle WA, what with the huge fiasco with the billboard and such, so I could see how you were also confused and bewildered. ;)

We'll let it slide, this time :)

Osprey……welcome to the area. Hope to see you sometime at one of the meets/coffee etc. Have fun!

JoeSparky

Centurion
But, Joe, His location is Federal Way, WA……..and he is posting in the WA forum.

Now I know the '49 'rs didn't quite know the difference between Federal Way WA, and Seattle WA, what with the huge fiasco with the billboard and such, so I could see how you were also confused and bewildered. ;)

We'll let it slide, this time :)

Osprey……welcome to the area. Hope to see you sometime at one of the meets/coffee etc. Have fun!

He DOES reference summering in Texas in his post....

Osprey1911

Haha sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was, having spent most of my time in Alaska in the winter when it's too cold to open carry, and summers in Texas where it's illegal, I never had much of a chance to do it until I moved to Washington.

Willy, thanks for the invite, where/when are these meets?

Freedom1Man

Haha sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was, having spent most of my time in Alaska in the winter when it's too cold to open carry, and summers in Texas where it's illegal, I never had much of a chance to do it until I moved to Washington.

I am in Federal Way.

Expect extra attention of you decide to go to the Mall in town. The theater there is anti-gun, just a heads up.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to Washington Osprey. Things of an OC nature are well publicized here on the forum. Sometimes so many it becomes a matter of distance during the summers. Again, Welcome.

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran

Osprey,
Follow the thread Golddigger pointed you to, and keep track of the threads that are here. There are regular 1st/2nd/3rd/ and 4th saturday coffee meets in the various regions, and some regular sunday ones too. You will start noticing them in that one thread and sometimes in these threads.

Cheers!